The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Lost Lobby Connection" every time when creating new character

Alaya
Alaya
✭✭✭
Everything else in the game works just fine, except character creator where you only have a very limited time to create a character. I didn't have this issue before until Necrom (that I can recall). There seems to be no fix with this issue as of yet, why is that?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 13, 2024 6:01PM
  • Alaya
    Alaya
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, this gets better. I went to use an appearance change token, and that too lost lobby connection. So what's the deal here? Can't make a character, can't tweak your character's looks either?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much time are we talking about, here?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @Alaya

For that error, we would recommend the steps in this article. Please let us know if they help!
    Staff Post
  • Alaya
    Alaya
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so I have two different installations of ESO for two accounts, the only thing shared is what's in the Documents folder. It usually times out before 5 minutes (character creator).

Looking at the article, I knew because the router/modem is shared by everyone in the house, I could not do that, so instead, I tried a VPN.

Then I went to the next section and decided to turn off all addons.

With both of these steps taken, I was able to spend much more time creating a character without any lost lobby connections. Not sure exactly what did it, the VPN or the addon turn off, either way, it worked for me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update regarding these disconnections when creating a character. As the OP is no longer getting the "Lost lobby connection" error we've decided to close the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.