I have to listen to this discussion at 4 locations in the reach?

WhosTheFancyOneNow
WhosTheFancyOneNow
✭✭✭
Good grief. coming into the reach there'es verandis being gutted? at the wayshrine outside of marcarth? at the entrance going into markerth? at the wayshrine in markarth? did i miss any? SHEESH!
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    maybe outside the entrance to markarth is enough? once is enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2loWtJy81fI
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be gone, reeker!

Yeah, it's a bit much, but since it's the main quest for the zone, they don't want to take a chance that you don't come across it easily.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's like right next to the way shrine, which is extra annoying because you can't really avoid it easily and still interact with the main hub.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    And it's like right next to the way shrine, which is extra annoying because you can't really avoid it easily and still interact with the main hub.

You can.... you just exit the wayshrine in the other direction (for me, that's to my left and downhill). I have all the VA off so I don't hear it, and I also have the NPC subtitles off (sorry, I just HATE all that crap especially in a zone I have zero use for outside of antiquities) so I never have to bother with it.

Yeah, no use for Verandis at all, so if he gets gutted, that's a bonus.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish he would actually be gutted like a fish... but sadly that doesn't happen. If it were for me, every damn vampire NPC would get a wooden stake through their rotten heart... Verandis, Gwendis, Fennarion and whoever else is there.

As for the zone quest spam... they really need to change the way it works. I already dread the day I have to go to Necrom and get spammed by the insufferable Leramil the (Un)Wise.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      I wish he would actually be gutted like a fish... but sadly that doesn't happen. If it were for me, every damn vampire NPC would get a wooden stake through their rotten heart... Verandis, Gwendis, Fennarion and whoever else is there.

As for the zone quest spam... they really need to change the way it works. I already dread the day I have to go to Necrom and get spammed by the insufferable Leramil the (Un)Wise.

Agreed. *tips hat*

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      Options
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I posted about this when Greymoor came out. This npc is screeching and yelling at the top of her lungs. Ugh. I finished the quest on my main toon to make her go away but any alts have to put up with her until they can get out of range.

The Tales of Tribute npc and Stuga have nothing on this.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
    • WhosTheFancyOneNow
      WhosTheFancyOneNow
      ✭✭✭
      It's def excessive.
      Options
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      That's what the mute button is for.
      Options
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

House Ravenwatch have done some really heroic things. They're basically the Twilight type of vampires minus the sparkles and vegetarianism. My guy would protect them. That NPC is being so rude to Verandis and everyone around her with her loud yelling. 😤
      Edited by spartaxoxo on February 2, 2024 3:55AM
      Options
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It reminds me of a certain fellow in High Isle who can be seen in multiple locations saying "get away from me, you stupid thing!".
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
      Options
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      vsrs_au wrote: »
      It reminds me of a certain fellow in High Isle who can be seen in multiple locations saying "get away from me, you stupid thing!".

IDK if they've fixed it but the worst with him is doing the quest doesn't even fix it
      Options
    • WhosTheFancyOneNow
      WhosTheFancyOneNow
      ✭✭✭

IDK if they've fixed it but the worst with him is doing the quest doesn't even fix it

Yah i want the stupid thing away from me too
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

That was one of the first quests I did in that zone the day it was released, and he was no longer there after I completed the quest.

(that's Ember's intro/unlock quest, so it's per-character. I.e., he'll still be there for any character who hasn't unlocked Ember.)
      Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 2, 2024 7:51AM
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • Aelorin
        Aelorin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Just do the quest and be done with it ;-)
        And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
        Options
      • Syldras
        Syldras
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        House Ravenwatch have done some really heroic things. They're basically the Twilight type of vampires minus the sparkles and vegetarianism.

That's actually the reason I find them boring (except for Fennorian, who is okay somehow, but probably mostly because he's new to all this). It's such a trope in modern media. Why even create "vampire" characters if they're like every other non-vampiric person? Vampires can be such wonderfully tragic figures: The immortality - you'll see all your friends and family die. The hunger - you might have been a peaceful person before, but now you have to feed on living beings, to hunt and bite them like an animal. But no, modern media vampires just search for a donor, use hospital blood banks or go to the butcher. To each their own, of course, but to me, that sounds really superficial and bland.
        Aelorin wrote: »

I wouldn't want to do random main story quests in every zone I enter just to do an event quest or get to a crafting set station, and I think many people who quest prefer to play zones in a certain order? Just accepting the quest and leaving it in the quest log is also no real solution, as long as the log is so limited.

Edited by Syldras on February 2, 2024 1:43PM
        @Syldras | PC | EU
        The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
        Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
        Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
        Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
        Options
      • Destai
        Destai
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I'd honestly say this type of questgiver is my biggest pet peeve about the game. It's really bad in base game, and with each expansion's initial questgiver, like Leramil. Feels like they have NPCs spawn in some radius, so people adopt them easier. Which sounds nice in theory, but it winds up just being annoying. Questgivers should be in ONE place, and not right at the wayshrine either. It'd be less confusing and more immersive.

That's not a realistic solution for many people. There's only 25 quests I can accept, 7 of which are potentially crafting writs, so likely 13 to make room. Then I have the main quest which doesn't go away until you complete cadwell's gold. Then I have dailies I might be doing, etc. The problem is the quest delivery and how it dumps content on players in an intrusive way.

The worst is it doesn't go away once you do the quest. I was just strolling around High Isle for scenery and harvesting, and bro over there is having a meltdown about that floating thing in 4 different places as I ride by.
        Options
      • WhosTheFancyOneNow
        WhosTheFancyOneNow
        ✭✭✭

NO
        Options
      • LunaFlora
        LunaFlora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

it's fixed in update 41 according to pts patch notes :smiley: so we only have to wait till march 26th
        miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
        "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
        🦬🦌🐰
        PlayStation and PC EU.
        LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
        LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
        Options