The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Portal Cooldown?

KoSeKu
KoSeKu
✭✭✭
What is the cooldown time for a portal?
  • Brutalis
    Brutalis
    ✭✭
    You mean a wayshirine or portal like in quest, such as a mage's guild quest with Shalidor?

Well... i think i can answer both... none, there is no cool down.

Wayshrines will begin to cost more if you "teleport" to it without using a wayshrine depending on your frequency of use. However using a wayshrine to port to another wayshrine is always free... as is teleporting to another player.

The quest portals dont close... unless of course you completed the quest or is bugged somehow.
    A Roman walks into a bar and hold up two fingers and says, "I'll have five beers please."
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    one gold cheaper each second, if you mean the wayshrines, but the original price differs from lvl to lvl.
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    No, you mistaken me, i mean the portal which opens from Nirns to Tamriel.
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    nirns? well if its a quest i would presume it stays open until the quest is done, as all other portals from quest does, like the aforementioned mage guild quest ones.
  • pokebreaker
    pokebreaker
    ✭✭
    KoSeKu wrote: »

Are you referring to a Dark Anchor?
    Edited by pokebreaker on April 30, 2014 10:55AM
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    KoSeKu wrote: »

Are you referring to a Dark Anchor?

Yeah!
  • Brutalis
    Brutalis
    ✭✭
    ...Hodor.
    A Roman walks into a bar and hold up two fingers and says, "I'll have five beers please."
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just FYI, Nirn is the planet, Tamriel is the continent. The Dark Anchors are Coldharbour (Molag Bal's domain) to Nirn.

Not sure what the cooldown on them is if there is one. I've seen some open just a few minutes after they were closed though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    think they might have a max timer on how long it takes but it might get shorter depending on how many players are around, not sure only a theory though
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    Seen them reopen right after we closed one, seems to be totally random
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Anchor spawn based on players location to it and they will 'auto' close after 20 mins (like any world boss that is not attacked, they de-pop, then re-pop)

Get a group of players, run to any dark anchor with 8+ people and it will spawn. There is a cool-down once its closed, but its less then 5 mins. Very easy to 'farm' for achievements.
    Edited by Natjur on May 8, 2014 9:02PM