Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

EIDETIC BOOKS AFTER U39 PATCH

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Before the patch I was missing 7 eidetic books in total adding up the missing ones in Apocryphal Pages, Telvanni Tomes and Tomes of Tributes (the ones no one ever found, so they were buggy). Now after the patch 6 books have been moved from Telvanni Tomes to Apocryphal Pages and they are atm unknown, even though I already knew them before.
I went looking for them again and the result was that for some it was enough for me to group with people who hadn't done the quests yet, some were available post quests, but one is no longer available post quest. This is "The Curse of Blackscale Island". This book is no longer available, even if you are grouped with someone who has not yet done the quest and it is nowhere to be found, if you have already done the "Turning a page" quest. So before the patch there were 7 buggy books. Now they are 8. Just to reward those who have already purchased Necrom and have already done the related quests. Thank you ZOS
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 12, 2024 10:43PM
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the U39 patch notes:
    "Updated multiple issues with books in the zone not being in the proper collection, being unobtainable, or otherwise having visual issues."

Where are the fixes ? you have just moved some books from a section to another in the collection, and now some books that were obtained are now unobtainable. Is this your fix ???
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on August 22, 2023 3:40AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that ZOS team is answering to a lot of bug reports. Why nobody's answering for lorebook's bugs ? We have 7 books that are not found by anybody, since Update38, they are:
    - Zeirinia's Silent Admission
    - Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    - Ilasaba's Excuses
    - Closed By Order of the Abbot
    - Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    - Survey of the Alavelis Mine
    - Challenge of the Paramount

Now we have an additional lorebook missing from Update39 for people that have already done a certain quest in Apocrypha (Turning a page), and this is
    - The Curse of Blackscale Island

And nobody's answering ?
    Please ZOS give us an answer on lorebooks, that are bugged in every update, ever and ever from the beginning of this game.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Options
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    There's an active topic on eidetic memory unobtainable books already, and there's no point making a new one.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270549/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help#latest

This thread is much more actively monitored for Eidetic Memory issues.
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbrianj wrote: »
    There's an active topic on eidetic memory unobtainable books already, and there's no point making a new one.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270549/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help#latest

This thread is specifically aimed at bugged lorebooks after U39 patch. I'm familiar with the thread you mentioned, but it talks about all buggy books in general. I wanted to point the finger at those buggy after the latest patches and especially after the words used by ZOS in the patch notes:
    "Updated multiple issues with books in the area not being in the proper collection, being unobtainable, or otherwise having visual issues."
    So it is neither useless nor duplicate.
    It has its own specific object and purpose.

Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭

We don't need other moderators, they already exist and they already do their job very well and they are enough.

I instead completely agree with the OP.

Those bugs on the books that OP reported in this new thread shouldn't be added to the previous ones that have been dragging on for many years and which are rightly always reported continuosly in the same old thread and purposely continued uninterruptedly.

The books reported by @Rishikesa108 have been bugged in the current Update 39 and therefore it is a current and completely new problem, unrelated to previous and long-standing bugs.

Some answers like this would be desirable by ZOS:

Thank you in advance @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on August 23, 2023 2:59PM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention the fact that several of these books are bugeed by U38, so from the release of Necrom. And here the author has already mentioned that ZoS "fixed" and repaired a total of one book near the mine and nothing else and broke another.

And I'm not surprised people want eidetic books as a shared account, not a character.

Greetings to "Rishikesa108", whom I met completely by accident in the game ;)
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Not to mention the fact that several of these books are bugeed by U38, so from the release of Necrom. And here the author has already mentioned that ZoS "fixed" and repaired a total of one book near the mine and nothing else and broke another.

And I'm not surprised people want eidetic books as a shared account, not a character.

Greetings to "Rishikesa108", whom I met completely by accident in the game ;)

It was fun going to find for the second time some books disappeared from the collection after the U39 patch! Thank you for your help @GeneralEU
    Options
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

This thread is much more actively ignored for Eidetic Memory issues.

FTFY

Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place.

You may continue the discussion here. Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.