The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant Continuing Disconnects

DKSnineb14_ESO
This has been an issue since launch and the prior 2 open beta weekends.

The game will seemingly at random disconnect me from the server. Giving me the error message "An unknown error has occurred"
I have submitted bug reports and feedback reports and have not gotten a single response from either. I have reinstalled the client 3x and done driver updates cleaned up HDD checked my firewall/connectivity and I'm not loosing internet connection.

Hoping for a patch to fix the issue ive been sticking it out but the repair bills for dying to trash when i get kicked is driving me to the poorhouse and dungeons are a crapshoot since i loose out on boss loot/credit, its bugging quests because i drop in transition and i forced to repeat the entire chain bc of how the abandon feature works

can anyone give me any tips for how to fix the issue its been easy to ignore but Vet content is unplayable and too expensive ive hit a wall if i cant correct this
Edited by DKSnineb14_ESO on May 3, 2014 4:50PM
  • SinatraPack79b14_ESO
    Same issues here and still on going.
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, sometimes every five minutes. Also since the late beta phases. Sometimes, the internet connection drops, too, for a few moments, but this never happens with any other online game like bf, tf2, gw2.
  • D34thly
    D34thly
    ✭✭
    Can we get some system specs? Asking for help, but not giving info isn't going to get very far.. :( I havent been disconnected once either in PvP or PvE I guess I'm a lucky one.
    Blacklist DC NA
    Iron Lotus DC NA
  • Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Please check if you have installed and addon called ESOHEAD. It was giving me the same issue and just by disabling it I didn't have the problem anymore.

I thought it could be the same problems I had in beta as well but it was just the addon. In fact just disable all addons you have and try to connect. Then enable one addon at a time.
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    You are right, I should have posted specs, but it was just a general post to get an idea if there are any others.

My system is pretty decent. i7 3930, nvidia gtx670, 16gb ram, Windows 8.1 x64, connected via 50m Comcast cable over 300k wifi.

I suspect stupid Comcast to play a role here.

However, this only happens when I play ESO, not with Battlefield, Team Fortress, Guild Wars. And it started towards the end of beta. And that is weird.

No difference with or without add-ons.
    Edited by GrafDresche on May 8, 2014 1:55PM
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    Let’s eliminate possible areas in your control. Your PC specs look good and shouldn't be causing issues.

Between you and the street
    Try a wired connection directly to the router. Some other games may have less restrict timeouts when staying connected to the online session. If you still receive disconnections then we know it’s not the wireless connection or the device.

As another test, if you are lucky enough to have a hot spot on your phone, you can check an entirely different network and see if you get disconnects. Granted your latency is likely to be higher on a cellular connection. Gamming at a friend’s house would also be a good test!

If you can eliminate all possible issues between you and the street, things get complicated since you now have an entirely unknown section (non-static as well) between you and the game server. Ping tests for packet loss, DNS change on your router/pc (I have mine set to the google DNS), etc. I'm basically guessing at this point since there are many variables at this point. It could be the shared line with your neighbors being saturated to the local Comcast hub
  • D34thly
    D34thly
    ✭✭
    I also have google as my dns. Its strange he is only having it in ESO, perhaps it was having it in other games, but was never disconnected and counted it as lag? I've never DC'd in ESO, but perhaps as soon a s you stop receiving data you disconnect. I know in most games it gives your around 10-20 seconds to reconnect before your booted. Also running wired through my router.
    Edited by D34thly on May 8, 2014 3:39PM
    Blacklist DC NA
    Iron Lotus DC NA