Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defeating Mannimarco.

• JaymesBurnerb14_ESO
    Well I would say to get out that you should either find a friend and group with him then port to player, or if you have another quest you can get to main map to way shrine out by going into quest log and clicking show on map on a different quest. Then select the right Way shrine and away you go. Honestly I am stumped by this fight but now I know there is something that needs to be interrupted I am gonna go back in. I don't understand how so many people can have trouble with it, but others clear it no problem. I still love the fact that there is a boss fight this hard in the game and hope they keep it around. Sure I am sinking gold into repairs, but honestly I like struggling. Walking through to vet 10 without breaking a sweat would be boring imho. If I find a build/strat that works well for me (Vamp/Sorc) I will post it on here to help the others. Other than that, Good luck.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to respec my sorc to even try to defeat him. Took 63 deaths, 9k gold for respec, 4k gold for repairs. We shouldn't have to do that. I am sure there has been people who have out right quit the game cause of this.
  • Pookitty71
    As a squishy Templar I was able to defeat Manni by doing the following:
    Save your Magicka for shielding and AOE. This is an endurance fight. You will not be able to take him down quickly.
    1. Shield yourself - use Annulment
    2. Cast Degeneration (damage for Manni and health for you)
    3. Move out of the circles he casts. They hit hard and knock you down.
    4. When the fairy ghost things appear - use Puncture sweep to get them down fast. Then get back on Manni ASAP!
    5. Blast him with your staff whenever you're not doing one of the above.
    6. Don't rush! - When Manni's life is low, it is so tempting to pull out all the stops and blast him down. Don't do it! His life bar seemed to be a small red dot for a minute or more, but I just kept my shielding up and my staff a blastin' and I got him!
    It took me 5 deaths to figure out this strategy and it was a long-ass fight (my arms and fingers were beyond spent). Eat and drink before hand and also keep health potions in your quick slot in case your shielding doesn't hold. Remember - This fight is about ENDURANCE and you can and will endure Manni's BS! Good luck.
    Edited by Pookitty71 on May 6, 2014 2:32AM
  • Betaguy
    Betaguy
    I just did this fight at lol 27 solo. You can get quests regardless of level. I'm lol 27 and I'm in the bong water area doing all the quests. Sure they are red but I jacked all points into health and bow....having no problems. lol 37 elites pose some issue but I can still dispatch them.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betaguy wrote: »
    I just did this fight at lol 27 solo. You can get quests regardless of level. I'm lol 27 and I'm in the bong water area doing all the quests. Sure they are red but I jacked all points into health and bow....having no problems. lol 37 elites pose some issue but I can still dispatch them.

Wrong quest. This is the Mannimarco in the Sancre Tor quest at lvl 40. This is the last boss of the Main Quest before going to Coldharbour.
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:29PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest question,

Do you fight him a second time? I think I might have done it way over level ~48 and he went down fast.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 6, 2014 2:47PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    On the other hand you could also simply design your game as an open world and not a game on rails that forces you to complete certain content before being allowed to access the next map/zone/quests. Then the terribad players could simply skip the quest or wait until VR10 until they can finally kill Lyris Doppelgänger or whatever silly encounter that's supposedly "impossible" to beat.
    Not a bad suggestion, that.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Crozmosis
    Crozmosis
    After reading comments in this thread and various others I was a bit intimidated by this fight before I went into it. I waited until my DK was lvl 44 and I'm maxed out in sword/shield and heavy armor. Finished him off on my first attempt in about three minutes.
    I just kept my shield up and spammed burning embers and light attacks on him. When his minions came after me I used inferno. Kept coagulating blood on me most of the time too.
    I know zenimax nerfed this fight since release I kind of wished they hadn't. It was a little too easy for my build.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He isn't easy for some. My sorc died 63 times.
  • elvigy01
    elvigy01
    ✭✭
    This is weird. I do not consider myself a leet player by any means but I breezed through this at level 46 and I'm reading these posts by other people in their mid 40s struggling with it.

I have a healing/Dawn's Wrath Templar. My magicka/magicka regen and spell resist are at soft cap so that helped. But basically I used a resto staff, threw a HOT on myself, zapped him with fireballs (forget name of spell) and heavy attacks from the staff. I saved Silver Shards for the ghost adds and yawned my way to victory. Every once in a while I threw another heal on myself.

And that's that. I never went below 90% health.

• Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the problem. ZOS says we can play any class, any way we want but for this fight if you are not spec'd a certain way then you can not defeat him, so that defeats the purpose of any class, play any way we want. I was a sorc spec'd with a bow and nothing else. Could not defeat him. Respec'd spending 9k gold to do that and added restro staff and after the 13th time using the restro staff and the HOT I was finally able to defeat him.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. I'm VR1 and I can not defeat him. I love how many of the suggestions are using skills that don't appear in my skilline. I find the level 50 stuff in Cyrodil to be much easier. They need to fix this.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvigy01 wrote: »
    This is weird. I do not consider myself a leet player by any means but I breezed through this at level 46 and I'm reading these posts by other people in their mid 40s struggling with it.

I have a healing/Dawn's Wrath Templar. My magicka/magicka regen and spell resist are at soft cap so that helped. But basically I used a resto staff, threw a HOT on myself, zapped him with fireballs (forget name of spell) and heavy attacks from the staff. I saved Silver Shards for the ghost adds and yawned my way to victory. Every once in a while I threw another heal on myself.

Its a level 40 quest.

I did it twice now at 40 and I can see why folks would have trouble. There is a lot going on at once and some folks just lock up like deer in headlights when things get chaotic.

This fight is still nothing on Kanrethad Ebonlocke. Screw that fight.
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    I did this on my NB 40 and think i nailed it on first try. Using some kind of heal-rogue build... it seems to work well many times when my NB just runs into a brick-wall using any other build. My stats are mostly put into magicka, and a little bit in health.

I'm using a restoration staff build that really helps to keep you alive. Together with siphoning strikes ability you get almost infinite magicka. Your light/heavy attacks will both heal you and regain your magicka quickly.

Then you just use shadowy disguise and concealed blade to dish out some damage and when you run out of magicka just drop to ranged light/heavy attacks with your staff.

If you need some extra healing just put in a heal ability from the resto skills.

Dont think i used any potions.

If you want your NB to stay alive in solo fights, try this build. It gets a bit messy with 6 NPC fights, but works even there... probably not in VR content though, i havent gotten there yet.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Wrong quest. This is the Mannimarco in the Sancre Tor quest at lvl 40. This is the last boss of the Main Quest before going to Coldharbour.

Ohh... THAT quest. :# I totally feel your pain.
    He is deep into a spell but backs out when you start to attack him.

Mannimarco has a number of attacks. He can teleport using a trail of lightning. He has the Skull Strike that Necromancer's seem to all use. he also has a charged version of this attack. He can lob a skull into the air. This skull, when it hits the ground, creates a massive AoE explosion. If he goes into a channel that opens a small portal, he will summon a few Haunted Spirits. He also has a drain attack, but it doesn't seem to heal him too much.

As the battle progresses, Mannimarco will open more portals. Each time he does, one of your allies will turn their attention to it. It seems to happen when he is at 75%, 50% and between 25-10% health. During this time, you can get a number of free hits on him.

The final portal can be made when he has very little health left. The Haunted Spirits should be of little concern. Just keep on Mannimarco and try to hit the Spirits with the AoE attacks you are using.

Undaunted skill line has that "blood fountain" heal thingie so if you're low in health try to pop it when he opens (another) portal.

Edited by Gwarok on May 7, 2014 8:49AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• njowoweb17_ESO
    1 shot for me at level 44-self healing dot,shades up,plate+stamina based damage outputs...had 100% control *flex*
  • Zagadka
    Zagadka
    ✭✭
    41 Sorc w/ no healing... I did get him down to 10% on the second try. It is possible, if you keep moving, don't waste magicka on single nukes, and take care of the AoE spawns. If you up destruction staff, use that constantly instead of nukes. I used a lot of mines and Frost Ring.

Where it turned for me was when my companions were all busy and I got swarmed... so ported out and am going to work on helath/healing (I went in with no food etc). Plus I plain forgot to use Atronach. It is very helpful to have things take aggro from you, so I might swap out something for a clannfear.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use AOE for first two waves of spirits, then go close to Mannimarco (all class, even a sorc should go close to him), you NEED to interrupt his life drain, otherwise, you will lose.
  • elvigy01
    elvigy01
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    elvigy01 wrote: »

Its a level 40 quest.

I did it twice now at 40 and I can see why folks would have trouble. There is a lot going on at once and some folks just lock up like deer in headlights when things get chaotic.

This fight is still nothing on Kanrethad Ebonlocke. Screw that fight.

Uhhhh....yeah. That's my point, which I think you missed. I'm talking about the other people in their 40s who are struggling. Heck, right above your post is a VR1 who can't finish it.

• Outlawful
    Outlawful
    ✭✭
    Can you progress in the game without beating him? I'm a lvl 49 NB Vamp, so I have self heals and do good damage. I just cant seem to get him down though. I'm to the point that I just don't care about the main story line anymore. I don't know if it's just insanely hard or I don't have the skill. I'm reasonably sure its not skill due to the fact that, other than dungeons, I've soloed to lvl 49. At this point I want to know if there is any way to just not do the main quest and still progress in game.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to complete this line to move to VR content. That is why I have such a huge problem with the difficulty. This one cannot be outleveled until its faceroll.

Molag bal cannot be outleveled period but you *can* facetank him. Hold block when the adds come out, let them kill themselves and keep pounding on him.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outlawful wrote: »
    Can you progress in the game without beating him? I'm a lvl 49 NB Vamp, so I have self heals and do good damage. I just cant seem to get him down though. I'm to the point that I just don't care about the main story line anymore. I don't know if it's just insanely hard or I don't have the skill. I'm reasonably sure its not skill due to the fact that, other than dungeons, I've soloed to lvl 49. At this point I want to know if there is any way to just not do the main quest and still progress in game.

no, you need to finish him before getting last quest.

Which stage did you die when fighting him (spirits), and how (damage from spirits? his AoE? life drain?)?
  • Zagadka
    Zagadka
    ✭✭
    This would be a lot less annoying if you didn't have to replay the entire bloody instance when you have to leave and come back.

What is the visual indicator for his life drain that must be disrupted?
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note: Volcanic Rune did help with the adds in this fight (as a DK).
    TBH, I kinda ended up button mashing this one blindly.
    nerdrage.gif"Did I get him?"
    */DOH!*
    Edited by Gwarok on May 8, 2014 11:53AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zagadka wrote: »
    This would be a lot less annoying if you didn't have to replay the entire bloody instance when you have to leave and come back.

a white flowing band connecting you and him, and you losing life quickly w/o being attacked in any other way.

Its the most damaging spell he does, simply get close and interrupt him whenever he does this. His near range attacks are not strong, so there is no reason not to get close.

PS, put on a damage shield or bound armor if you can, as a sorc.
    Edited by crislevin on May 8, 2014 11:21AM
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    had trouble here myself as a dps sorc in light armour. Its a must that you nterupt his draining thing. But, I switched to my restro staff (only have 2 heals for seige battles in rvr) and the fight became the easiest boss fight ive seen yet. I literally did not even have to move out of the centre of his massive aoe nuke. Simply heavy attacked him down, while putting up that gtaoe heal every now and again. I was actually pissing around mid fight and bashing him constantly at one point as my HP stayed at 100 most of the time. Scary to think what a proper heal specced sorc wouldve been like in this situation.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the jist I'm seeing is that if your character is a sorcerer, you just walk in and curb-stomp Mannimarco, while flipping through a magazine out of boredom.

But if you're not, well then it'll be a fight to remember.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum is off today ... double-post deleted.
    Edited by GreySix on May 8, 2014 2:14PM
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Outlawful
    Outlawful
    ✭✭

crislevin wrote: »
    no, you need to finish him before getting last quest.

Which stage did you die when fighting him (spirits), and how (damage from spirits? his AoE? life drain?)?

Different times. I guess my main problem is that I'm a glass cannon. 2 days now of nothing but dungeon ques and dying to him. Best I can do is ~40% health left. And thats if I go balls out.
This discussion has been closed.