The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

And... I still have to swap weapons to loot a body after combat.

twev
twev
✭✭✭✭✭
I couldn't even harvest the node next to the body either, before the weapon swap.
The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many years have they not taken this embarrassing bug seriously? Most of us have gotten so used to it we barely even think of how janky it is to have to do this anymore. But it is janky, and leaving it in this long just looks unprofessional.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I experience that too. Very annoying and hopefully fixed soon again.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If wearing Oakensoul, one must do a block/bash type of action to loot when the bug appears.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Blazyn
    Blazyn
    ✭✭
    Started happening for my friend and I too. She has never had this issue until now and I have had it for a while now.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Been having the issue a lot today on Arcanist using a Staff. Have to dodge roll or swap weapon to clear it. Cant interact with anything until I do that.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has persisted for quite a few years. However this Necrom update has made it much, much worse.

It is very annoying and frustrating.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge rolling fixes any issues i have with not being able to interact with things. I might try switching weapons next time since i have it keybound. Might be easier.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge rolling fixes any issues i have with not being able to interact with things. I might try switching weapons next time since i have it keybound. Might be easier.

I tried that as well. It works. great. Thanks for the tip.

Will be useful when using a char with only 1 bar, such as Oakensoul or pre-lvl 15.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never had this problem. Until now. Almost every time I killed something, the dead body becomes lootable only after a dodge roll. Super tedious and annoying.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »

I tried that as well. It works. great. Thanks for the tip.

Will be useful when using a char with only 1 bar, such as Oakensoul or pre-lvl 15.

True, I hadn’t thought about that. :)
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Lena_HJ
    Lena_HJ
    ✭✭✭
    +1 - and I can't swap bars on my baby character.
    Orc Elf == Best Elf :]
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing a lot of dodge rolling since yesterday's update in order to loot things or interact with things. Used to only rarely have this issue.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least its not just me...
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Mooncake
    Mooncake
    ✭✭
    Never happened to me before until yesterday right after the update. Very annoying.
    --
    Lyris Titanborn says: Sai! Your sword! It's working!
    Lyris Titanborn says: Sai! That's amazing!
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Same as many others: never had the issue until the Necrom update/release. Thought it might've been an add-on flaking out, but at least now I know it's not just me.
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before I would experience this once in awhile, after update and leveling my arcanist I been experiencing it more. The roll dodge seems to work the quickest next to bar swapping.
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    I never had thsi issue happens before the last patch. It's barely playable this way.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my first time experiencing this bug so consistently. It was after almost every kill while overland, in a trial, in a delve, etc.
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    I cringe every time there is an upgrade, yet I still buy it (I should say them, as I have 3 accounts I have to pay to upgrade). My mundus stone (steed) effects now disappear sometime after zoning, among a slew of other cosmetic issues. I haven't bothered to verify if the effects are actually gone or if they are just not showing as it's so annoying and it's not my job and I'm not the only one complaining. At least put up in a succinct single announcement what is known to be wrong & keep it updated & notate that it has been updated. Something that says what no longer works or no longer appears to work. I don't really want to have to read a tome of everything that has been modified to work differently just to find out if it's just my system that's bugged or it's a ZOS thing.

Outside of that, you guys (& gals) do a great job!

Addendum: Going to the desired Mundus stone (Steed) to reset it has no effect. But if I set it to a different mundus stone first, then I can reset it to the desired stone (Steed) and it will work correctly for a while. I still haven't determined exactly what is breaking it, but I do know that it doesn't take long to break it.

Addendum #2: Worked correctly for a while last night, alas it initially does not upon logging in today. Have no idea what the issue is.

* The *not being able to interact with item/enemy/entity* plagues me too, but *usually* pressing both mouse buttons at the same time once or twice seem to fix it - at least temporarily. *
    Edited by johnebrown on June 11, 2023 12:27AM
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before Necrom I never experienced this bug, now I encounter it regularly.
    Roll dodge helps, weapon swap, too, but today I had to do that after every. single. combat. Each and every random thing I have to kill makes my ability to interact with anything disappear. That's quite a hard hit to quality of life. Wasn't this supposed to be a year with more focus on QoL??
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    Before Necrom I never experienced this bug either. I don't know what's causing it, but it's very VERY annoying and it makes the gameplay JANKY. Please fix this ASAP.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't pick up the ball during Chaosball bc I attend BG's on my 'One Bar WW Warden'. Can't exactly slide the ring off and pick up the ball during neverending combat so that was far from a fun experience.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This problem was a rarity for me before the update last week (PS4 NA). Seems that I have as many 'unlootable' corpses as lootable now, needing me to dodge roll to correct the issue.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • MisFire
    MisFire
    Soul Shriven
    I just created an arcanist. Every time I use a light attack and an arcanist skill I'm locked out of looting the body, and I can not interact with the NPCs. The arcanist is unplayable for me. I will play something else until this is fix. The arcanist seemed fun but I really can't play it if I can't loot or interact. I'm on Xbox. Also I've never experienced this before.
    Edited by MisFire on June 26, 2023 3:38AM
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    Issue still present after today's maintenance.

Can we get any acknowledgement from ZOS that this issue is being looked at?
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    Issue is extremely prevalent with my 2H/Bow Stamina Nightblade.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started running into this bug recently too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    Bump until someone from ZOS confirms this is being looked into.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No doubt, this bug is very bad this patch. Instead of fixing an occasional occurrence, it happens very frequently now.
    When is this being fixed?
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7888249#Comment_7888249

This has thankfully been noticed by ZOS, but confirmed as such in an obscure thread in an obscure part of the forum as linked above.

Happy Roll-dodging.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic