The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High ping everywhere again.

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
The ping has been absolutely terrible since yesterday on PC EU. I started rebooting my router, then I followed the support suggestions from this page: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9094/ Checked everything. Then I contacted my ISP, we did a few tests. We couldn't find any issue with my service. I tested with other games and looks like it's happening only with ESO. Anyone having the same problem? It's lagging a lot even when using the bank or market.

The ping is extremely unstable, changing constantly to 500, 100, 999+, then 100 again, 400, 200, 999+ and so on... Really weird!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 2, 2023 4:18PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check your jitter because sometimes that gets overlooked when testing

Obviously check the load on your network. How many people are on it? Are you using service during prime time. Check afterwards to see difference
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your jitter because sometimes that gets overlooked when testing

Obviously check the load on your network. How many people are on it? Are you using service during prime time. Check afterwards to see difference

I've done many tests on different websites and it seems fine. But I also noticed that in the last couple of days I've been always in a queue to join the game at any hour. Which wasn't very usual.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just something wrong with the server. More and more people starts to notice this with every day. It seems like it's an instance based lag so at any given time only some portion of playerbase who is in affected instances will be noticing it but the amount of lagging instances seems to be growing with every day. For me at the beggining of the week it was happening once per 7+ BG matches now it's happening once per 3 matches.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 28, 2023 9:28PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    It's just something wrong with the server. More and more people starts to notice this with every day. It seems like it's an instance based lag so at any given time only some portion of playerbase who is in affected instances will be noticing it but the amount of lagging instances seems to be growing with every day. For me at the beggining of the week it was happening once per 7+ BG matches now it's happening once per 3 matches.
    Same here. I've been landing on instances with a lot of latency. Not sure if there's anything I can do to solve this at my end - already tried all the latency fixes suggested by ZOS without any improvements.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    Same here, unexplained lag actually started somewhere after the last update. Checked all the points mentioned in the advise: rebooted router, disabled addon's, flushed dns, changed dns, used another computer. Switched from our fibre connection to our "old" connection ehich is still active with another provider: same lag problems.

I think with all these tests, especially switching to another provider it really seems to be an ESO problem
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    In addition to my previous posting above, I also did a jitter test. They are well within limits (limit for gaming being <30 ms):
    dpo2cy85rixm.png
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting really worse and it's only on ESO. I already tried with a different router but nothing seems to solve it. Even during the time with few players I get the queue pop up when I try to login and the ping is extremely unstable and most of the time, now, above 800. Since there's no news about a failure in ESO servers I assumed that it was my ISP limiting the access to ESO. I have no way to know if they are lying but they insist that they are not blocking anything.

Meanwhile I quit playing anything else but ToT, because the game is now mostly unplayable at my end, but even ToT is insane, when I click on a card it takes ages to react. This is a mess. I hope I find out a solution soon.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! Now I'm being removed from the game while in a ranked match of ToT and getting my score stolen. [Snip]
    And then I get stuck with an Error 103 when I try to login.

iokl9xtw0pbn.jpg

[Snip] And I pay so so so much to support it. I don't understand this treatment.

And this:

aw7yuqp5isj5.jpg

Why am I getting kicked from the server? Why can't I play? I paid everything there is to pay, including ESO+.

[Edited for bashing]

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 7, 2023 5:05PM
  • Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    UP

Zos?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I tested the game elsewhere with a different service and it didn't make any difference. So, I'm sure now that the problem isn't at my end.

But then I found out something very weird. I was starting the game in Vvardenfell with most of my characters, but then I started another one in High Isle and the ping was ok. :neutral: So, I decided to remove all my characters from Vivec to Gonfalon and I'm now able to play again.

I really don't understand what's going on. I'm still in queue every time I login, but since I stopped going to Vvardenfell I no longer had problems with the ping or and I'm not being removed from the game. And the weirdest thing is that even on ToT I don't have any problems if I don't start a match in Vvardenfell.

Somehow looks like I might have some problem with Morrowind in my account or something. I didn't test any other DLC zones yet, but I'm sure I'll not play in Vvardenfell anytime soon.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest everyone drop their subscription until this is acknowledged. There has been complete radio silence about this glaring issue. I'm on other games till this is fixed or at least acknowledged
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    I suggest everyone drop their subscription until this is acknowledged. There has been complete radio silence about this glaring issue. I'm on other games till this is fixed or at least acknowledged

I think we can't pause our ESO+ subscription. I have it paid for 6 months. Anyway, I just found out that the extremely high ping is only in a few zones. The worst zone for me is Vvardenfell, it's unplayable at the moment. But in High Isle is all great. I guess that the zones might be in different servers.

This high ping problems started after the server update, which doesn't make any sense, because we were supposed to get a better service after the update.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have posted troubleshooting and suggestions in the following thread linked below.

Ping extremely high in overland areas
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    We have posted troubleshooting and suggestions in the following thread linked below.

Ping extremely high in overland areas

Like I said in the beginning nothing in https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9094/ solves the problem. I wrote that in advanced because I know we should check it first.

Anyway I solved my problem by moving all my characters from from Vivec to Gonfalon.

After all the problem isn't related with anything at my end but with the Morrowind which seems to have a lot of problems at the moment that started after the servers upgrade.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update. With the OP finding a workaround to their lag issue, we will now close the thread to future comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.