The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug - 2023-05-25]- appalling lag since maintenance of 2023-05-23. PC-EU

Bucky Balls
Bucky Balls
✭✭✭
PC-EU

Since maintenance this week all aspects of game play have been affected by appalling lag with latencies of 400-999+. My internet etc is fine and, from comments from other players this is a common experience of many players grouped in dungeons and battlegrounds with atrocious lag, delays in skills firing, unresponsive interface etc etc.

It even affects overland with latency all over the place regardless of peak/non-peak times (pc-eu has very definite peak times and outwith these times the lag is still horrendous).

Please investigate and remedy this.

@ZOS_Kevin

edit: The game is jittery slide-show. For comparison pc-na is fine.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 27, 2023 7:03PM
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I've noticed that in BGs. Sometimes matches are unplayable and lots of people in BG is lagging heavily. Delays are reaching up to 4 seconds. This is simply unacceptable.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 25, 2023 9:10PM
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing VCR the evening of maintenanace and at least 4-5 players in the trial were all complaining and getting 999+ pings and one checked and his was 5000 ping. they all re logged and restarted pc and routers and made no difference and today had players in guild chat also asking if anyone else was getting very bad lag spikes.It definately was bad after yesterdays maintenance and I am playing on PC-EU server
  • RitaNidec
    RitaNidec
    Same.
    Ubi facta loquuntrur nоn opus est verbis
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same here on PC EU. Although I have a normal gaming experience around 95% of the time, sometimes I get described lagspikes out of the blue for about 5 to 10 minutes.

For example yesterday evening game was almost unplayable for a few minutes while I was doing writs (!) in Davon's Watch.

Lots of guildies report the same problem too.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar thing here
  • shaxigamingeb17_ESO
    Yes it's really horrific. People will rubberband all over town, the dungeon, the trial, the battleground, or whatever you're doing. My ping is usually within the range of 60-100 on PCEU. And it is that 90% of the time now, but suddenly it'll start spiking up to 600, 700, 800, 900 etc, etc. Something went very wrong in the latest maintenance and it needs investigation
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Figured I'd link the other thread here, as there are multiple threads about this same issue.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/634537/pc-eu-starts-lagging-more-than-ever/p1

There is also one in the technical support forums.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they accidently removed more server resources than they usually do when they concluded this year's midyear mayhem event
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • terror_incarnate
    PC/EU Server

Terrible lag here too!

My ping varies from 54 - 500+ a lot of the time, but I've noticed that my FPS remains at around 90 (where it should be) and sometimes even when my ping is good at around 65 or so, the lag is still bad. In cities I'm seeing character animation (of players) stuttering when they move or run! Dungeon and trial runs are becoming quite difficult, especially when trying to tank or heal and abilities are sometimes stalling/lagging or out of sync. I've tried switching off all addons too, so it's not those which are causing this issue. Everyone in my guild says that they are experiencing similar problems, some more than others. It only seems to have started after the recent patch update. Can someone look into this please? Thank you.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are multiple threads discussing latency, we have decided to close this thread. Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.