The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

On one of my accounts I'm having difficulty with mouse hovering over responses so I can click

TaSheen
TaSheen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have three accounts, and play all three on both PC megaservers. My original main account is the one with the issue - and it's just since the last patch. In for instance, the stablemaster dialog, the "hover" action over "View Stable" takes quite an effort to get the lines to pop so I can click on that option. It's as if there's no longer a precise point at which the mouse will activate the selection. This is true for this account on both PC megaservers.

If it were all three accounts, I would consider it to be time to replace the mouse. However, it's fairly new. It's a simple 2 button plus scroll wheel Logitech B100 - which doesn't have anything really specific to "set" that would affect only one of three accounts. And if it WERE the mouse, surely it would happen on all accounts!

Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 19, 2023 5:11PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TaSheen

Would you be able to link a video showing this hovering issue you've experienced?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't any way to make a video. I can take a couple of screenshots that should show where my pointer is when not able to click, and where it is when it works.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is normal hover on the one account, no lines visible and the mouse cursor (which didn't copy with the screenie for some reason) was right over the space between the word View and the word Stable):

9qpNGWS.jpg

This one is after having "twitched" enough to pop the lines so the mouse cursor allows clicking the option (again, the cursor didn't copy; the position that works to pop the lines into visibility is the width of the cursor BELOW the words, just above the Goodbye option):

p48AkOE.jpg

BTW, this is the case for any dialog box with options, like my banker assistant, merchant assistant, normal merchants and banks, quest dialogs etc on this one of my three accounts, on both PC NA and PC EU.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TaSheen

Thank you for the screenshots.

As a starting point, have you tried running a repair through the launcher to see if that helps?
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did think about it, but I don't see how that could help just the one account - all three accounts are using the same game installation. I'll try that later though.

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran the repair, finished just now, pretty fast. Didn't change anything about the situation....

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With any peripheral related issue, you should try swapping it out just to eliminate that as the cause. While it probably is not the root cause lets make sure. So, try a different mouse.

Do you have any addons? Just try not loading any and see if that sorts it. I have seen UI weirdness after trying an addon.

Do you have the PTS? if so, does the issue show up there?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No PTS, I don't have the data available to download it and keep updating it. Addons - yes. Lots of them. Don't know why the other two accounts wouldn't be affected but I'll start in the morning without them and see what happens. I won't be back in the game again until tomorrow - time for fixing dinner and then reading!

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I remembered to remove all my addons, I absent-mindedly logged into the account in question, after a Windows security update. Weirdly enough, the issue is now resolved - so perhaps an update happened on the same date as the patch, and I didin't realize Windows had also updated the same day.

So can close this thread, though I still find it very strange that it affected only one of my three accounts. *shrug* Software issues....

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update on this situation. With the situation resolving itself, we will now close the thread from future comments.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.