The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC-EU - Extremely long "Requesting loggin" and "Requesting character load" after HW upgrade

davidtk
davidtk
✭✭✭✭
Extremely long "Requesting loggin" (10-30s) and "Requesting character load" (around 10s) after upgrading HW to PC-EU. I hardly saw it before the upgrade. On PC-NA the times are only about 3s.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 18, 2023 9:36PM
Really sorry for my english
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also getting horrendously choppy FPS a lot of the time - sometimes it's seconds per frame rather than frames per second! Especially in populated towns.

And I have also known it take nearly a minute to put me in a dungeon instance, by which time the other three members of the team had already cleared the first three rooms...
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Initial requesting login is indeed quite strange nowadays, but it's probably made so after their 3m cool down on swapping servers so it's tied with their protection protocol.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I am also getting horrendously choppy FPS a lot of the time - sometimes it's seconds per frame rather than frames per second! Especially in populated towns.

And I have also known it take nearly a minute to put me in a dungeon instance, by which time the other three members of the team had already cleared the first three rooms...

It means your cpu or disk drive are very slow. I play with i5-11400f processor @ 4200 mhz and pci-ex 3.0 ssd, i am always the first to login into dungeons and have to wait for others.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, I was always a lot faster than this until the recent ESO patch. My computer has not changed, therefore the game has changed.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Initial requesting login is indeed quite strange nowadays, but it's probably made so after their 3m cool down on swapping servers so it's tied with their protection protocol.

I have these incredibly long times only on EU, on NA server maximum 3s. So I doubt it's related to switching servers. I log in first on EU every day and still have incredibly long times as I described.
    Edited by davidtk on April 19, 2023 4:04AM
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    First login takes significiantly longer for me than before the hardware update. Switching chars takes about the same time.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »

I have these incredibly long times only on EU, on NA server maximum 3s. So I doubt it's related to switching servers. I log in first on EU every day and still have incredibly long times as I described.

Same deal for me, only PCEU, but I more meant that whatever they've changed in the login process besides cooldown delays it also.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, a few guildmates had the same thing and today it seems like something got fixed after yesterday's server problems.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The login issues affecting the PC EU servers should be resolved though it may take a few minutes for you to log in. With this situation resolved, we will go ahead and close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.