The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

kicking out players just because they are playing with a certain playstyle not enough?

Tradewind
Tradewind
✭✭✭✭
Is kicking out players just because they are playing with a certain playstyle not enough? Now they are kicking players out just because they can? I was playing as a Healer, and my role in the group was to heal.

I was in the middle of running the vEarthen Root Enclave dungeon with a group, and they kicked me out for no reason at all. They were speed running the dungeon, and I didn't say anything at all. We had already killed two bosses, and then they kicked me out right before the last one. What's wrong with this game?

Yes, I reported them all, but will Zenimax do anything about it? No.
njw02tcplsc0.png

Why was I kicked out? This is ridiculous!
0arg751osqvr.png

Question Subject: Customer Service Ticket
Question Reference # 230505-001817
Question Reference # 230505-001818
Question Reference # 230505-001822

If we play with HA, some players harass, bully, and kick us. If we play with a Healer, some players still kick us. Zenimax, please address this issue and work to stop such behavior.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 6, 2023 3:10AM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you just whisper all of them you would report them for kicking you, before you even knew why they kicked you?

It's a game mechanic provided by ZOS, I wouldn't assume reporting them for using it does anything.

Are you sure you fulfilled your role and they can have no other reasons for kicking you besides being meanies?
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Did you just whisper all of them you would report them for kicking you, before you even knew why they kicked you?

It's a game mechanic provided by ZOS, I wouldn't assume reporting them for using it does anything.

Are you sure you fulfilled your role and they can have no other reasons for kicking you besides being meanies?

There was no reason at all for kicking me out. None. Unless they were farming something in the last boss and kicked me out to invite a friend.

I know Zenimax won't do anything, as always. But once again, this situation proves that players are kicking out others for no reason at all, just because they can. Do you think this is fair? No, it's not. It's completely wrong. Players like this are toxic, and Zenimax needs to start working on something to prevent this from happening.
    Edited by Tradewind on May 5, 2023 4:35PM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see no proof that you were kicked for using a HA build in your post, that seems to be an assumption on your part. There are many reasons to kick a player but the most common is that a guildie or friend logged on that they wanted to run with so they kicked you and invited that person. Does it suck being removed mid dungeon, definitely, but kicking a player is almost never about persecuting a specific build and is normally social (as above with a friend or guildie) or performance related.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think kicking is a reportable offense.

Anyway, I'm sorry you experienced this. Getting kicked from a group doesn't feel good, and it's a shame if it really was just for some petty reason... but these are random strangers on the internet. You may be expecting too much from them.

I recommend attempting to find some like-minded players or guildies to run dungeons with. The group finder is quick and easy, but it produces completely random results and you're likely to get both the the best and the worst of what the game has to offer when using the group finder.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tradewind wrote: »
    But once again, this situation proves that players are kicking out others for no reason at all, just because they can. Do you think this is fair? No, it's not. It's completely wrong. Players like this are toxic, and Zenimax needs to start working on something to prevent this from happening.

To be honest, it sounds like you're making a lot of assumptions here.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably realized they don't need a healer, they need a 3rd or 4th dps. If they don't do something about self healing this will continue and they will have completely eliminated the healer role outside of very endgame activities.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you sure about that? I will report them every time they kick, bully, or behave toxically.

g4towc2zzk17.png

• Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you've been the Healer? Which sets did you use?
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like others said based on what you have posted there is not enough context as to why you were kicked, you only posted that you were kicked and that you were going to report the people for kicking you

and as others noted, getting kicked out of a group is generally in itself that being reported will likely not be actioned on
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TKo_ROUSE
    TKo_ROUSE
    ✭✭✭
    Is kicking out players just because they are playing with a certain playstyle not enough? Now they are kicking players out just because they can? I was playing as a Healer, and my role in the group was to heal.

I was in the middle of running the vEarthen Root Enclave dungeon with a group, and they kicked me out for no reason at all. They were speed running the dungeon, and I didn't say anything at all. We had already killed two bosses, and then they kicked me out right before the last one. What's wrong with this game?

Yes, I reported them all, but will Zenimax do anything about it? No.
    njw02tcplsc0.png

Why was I kicked out? This is ridiculous!
    0arg751osqvr.png

Question Subject: Customer Service Ticket
    Question Reference # 230505-001817
    Question Reference # 230505-001818
    Question Reference # 230505-001822

If we play with HA, some players harass, bully, and kick us. If we play with a Healer, some players still kick us. Zenimax, please address this issue and work to stop such behavior.

Why is your top picture cropped? What piece of loot is that reported in loot log?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you sure about that? I will report them every time they kick, bully, or behave toxically.

g4towc2zzk17.png

Yeah, if the info you gave us so far is everything that happened, I think you make a lot of assumptions. I'm also convinced kicking someone from a group on itself is something that ZOS will sanction people for. Nobody likes getting kicked, but I think this game would be a lot more fun (and less stressy) for you if you would stop seeing everything that's not so nice as something that needs action from higher hand.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    TKo_ROUSE wrote: »
    Why is your top picture cropped? What piece of loot is that reported in loot log?

2n4c23x26ut9.png

Edited by Tradewind on May 5, 2023 4:53PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like there is something missing to this story. I’ve been playing this game a long while and I can count on both hands the number of times I have been unjustifiably kicked.
    PvP needs more love.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their buddy who needs gear from the last boss logged on. That's why you were kicked, 100%.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Their buddy who needs gear from the last boss logged on. That's why you were kicked, 100%.

Only that makes sense. And do you believe this is okay?! It's not. ZeniMax can't allow this.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure nothing else happened you aren’t telling us about? Were there any discussions in chat, did you stand and look AFK, were you doing your role well? In all cases I’ve seen, if someone is kicked right before the last boss it’s because they’ve annoyed the rest of the group members by their behavior be it in chat, in game, or by being AFK.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • TKo_ROUSE
    TKo_ROUSE
    ✭✭✭

4vmy5ro0harz.png

c1x2d4c0fav8.png

Was it right after last secret boss? Sorry I assumed maybe you didn't realize it was final boss. I saw the achievement and a curated loot and was wondering if maybe they just kicked you to queue the next dungeon.

I am going to guess they decided to pull a friend in for final boss loot. Personally I think something like that is very rude. And I think that should at least get people a temporary ban from using the queue. It is different if someone is not pulling weight. But if they messaged back saying for a friend I could see it maybe being actionable. Next time don't say you are reporting them. Just ask why they kicked you.
    Edited by TKo_ROUSE on May 5, 2023 5:00PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have reported you for abusing the reporting system.

Players can kick anyone for any reason. And it should remain that way.
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    They should have reported you for abusing the reporting system.

Players can kick anyone for any reason. And it should remain that way.

Anyway...
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided it is best to close this thread as it provides nothing constructive and to prevent future derailment. When making threads, we ask that they be civil, constructive, and kept within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Tradewind
    Tradewind
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to guess they decided to pull a friend in for final boss loot. Personally I think something like that is very rude. And I think that should at least get people a temporary ban from using the queue. It is different if someone is not pulling weight. But if they messaged back saying for a friend I could see it maybe being actionable. Next time don't say you are reporting them. Just ask why they kicked you.

Because: "they decided to pull a friend in for final boss loot. "
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.