The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Buckle my ass in the horse seat

Gremlis
Gremlis
✭✭
Enough of the stupid horse dismounting already. I already dismounted more by 10 am than I did all last week. I dismounted riding on a flat paved road! Take it out and KEEP it out.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe your horse is trying to tell you something. Like lay off on the guar egg quiche.
  • Dorado
    Dorado
    Chalybos wrote: »
    Maybe your horse is trying to tell you something. Like lay off on the guar egg quiche.

I lol'd.

I still have this happen occasionally. It's not near as bad as it was during first week of early access/launch. Not sure if my pony is tripping over a rock or what. Just an uneducated observation (since I know nothing about the code behind it) but it seems like there are little random places in the maps still that will consistently dismount you or something.

• RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, it's been awhile but yesterday my poor Bosmer must have been thrown several times.
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    Mine does it too at times for no reason. No Mobs around I was not hit , it is just a random unmounts.

I just think mine is mad at me for jumping her off so many cliffs and hills. I even threatened to rename her glue if she did not act right....

but alas she still sniggers and unmounts me. "shakes fist at her mount"
    Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    If its this bad at a 30 speed can you imagine how terrible its going to be at 60 speed?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice 99% of the time when I get dismounted automatically, it's because i hit autorun+sprint right when i call the horse.

There's still the occasional blade of grass that dismounts me, but I've only seen a couple of those the past week. The big thing is sitting still for a few seconds after you call the horse.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    I notice 99% of the time when I get dismounted automatically, it's because i hit autorun+sprint right when i call the horse.

There's still the occasional blade of grass that dismounts me, but I've only seen a couple of those the past week. The big thing is sitting still for a few seconds after you call the horse.

I know what the French toast is up with that..lol everytime I mount and she just sits there I wonder if I should not have had that donut earlier...

On a serious note:
    It is annoying , and I always thought it was lag or a glitch. Glad it is not just me.
    Edited by Knovah on May 5, 2014 4:30PM
    Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is annoying but as others have said for me it's happening far less than in the beta\early access\immediately after launch.

The most annoying dismount glitch for me is when I'm dismounted by an enemy that I don't know is chasing me and then my left arm is frozen like I'm blocking but I have no weapon\shield and I can't do anything but move until I'm inevitably killed.