Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Game crashing since last night update

Feaky
Feaky
✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties launching game since the last update? I am using the launcher via Windows and when I launch the game, ESO loads briefly (1-2 secs) then just disappears. I have not changed anything on my end, but verified I am running as admin, firewall, etc. Tried launching the game directly (not through launcher) and same thing happens. Everything worked fine yesterday.

Anyone else having the same problem or have any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 15, 2023 2:47PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which server? You might try repairing the game? I'm not having any issues at all on either PC NA or PC EU.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Which server? You might try repairing the game? I'm not having any issues at all on either PC NA or PC EU.

PC-NA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, been logged into first PC EU for an hour this morning, and just logged back into PC NA after swapping accounts. Working fine for me, hope you get it sorted out!
    Edited by TaSheen on January 18, 2023 4:47PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing difficulties launching game since the last update? I am using the launcher via Windows and when I launch the game, ESO loads briefly (1-2 secs) then just disappears. I have not changed anything on my end, but verified I am running as admin, firewall, etc. Tried launching the game directly (not through launcher) and same thing happens. Everything worked fine yesterday.

Anyone else having the same problem or have any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Did you do anything in the lat 24 hours such as run windows update, change anything, add any new drivers or software? I'd start off by running a repair on your game, then scanning your windows installation for errors by running command prompt as an admin and typing in sfc /scannow
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA is also taking multiple tries to log into your character screen effectively since the update.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, tried multiple things such as reloading game with vanilla settings which worked, then added old settings back and re-logged and it worked. But only with admin off. After all of the this, it seemed to work with admin off vs on.

At this point, I am back into the game so thank you for checking into this thread.
    Edited by Feaky on January 20, 2023 7:58AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the updates regarding this crash issue for the OP. As the issue has now been resolved, we've decided to close the thread from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.