Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing items you would like to see in next chapter!

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For me a book that attacks guests as there's going to monsters like that

More books items to place in house

A signpost to write on
Edited by FeedbackOnly on January 26, 2023 3:10AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of books, bookcases/shelves which are filled with other things that are not books.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me a book that guests

A guest book?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those roof lines looked nice, but then they always add nice roofs into the new cities, but never make them available.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    With the Arcanist's new ability to make portals, I hope we get to place portals as furnishings. The houses have many explorable terrains, yet it takes many inventory slots to reach them. Portals would save up a lot of slots, and I think that the Arcanist class has opened Hermaeus Mora's Box (or book, literally) in not only class ideas (imagine if we get other Daedric-themed classes!) but ideas in other areas as well, such as housing.

TLDR: ZOS, if you're reading this thread, please add portal furnishings that we can use to traverse our houses!
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    For me a book that guests

A guest book?

Thank you...I was multitasking earlier and messed up

My subject was a trap book like you get close but book is a monster
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a fancy music box that can change the soundtrack that is played in the home. Like the Sacred Hourglass, but for music.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more than 2 houses tbh.

Oh but also tons of arcane book furnishings from Apocrypha, and a Hermaeus Mora statue for sure.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't actually looked at furnishings in detail since Deadlands as I've been away from the game, but if it hasn't been done yet, a large wooden platform that can be used as a floor that doesn't have gaps between boards and, separately, a parquet floor.

Reason being that when you're building over water it's always a bit strange to look down and see water through the floor, but it's a waste of slots to put stone underneath.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we have to go back to Morrowind, please give us the mushroom planters.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Hermaeus Mora stuff, Apocrypha stuff... NOT 10,000 more mushrooms and mushrooms encrusted stuff. I know some people like that, but there's is already such an amount i hope 3/4 of the furnishings aren't those.

I was sad to see the mount offered with the DLC was a ... mushroom encrusted horse.

The deluxe version mount has an appropriate look for me, lots of that.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Structural furnishings in various Dunmeri styles, colored Hlaalu lanterns (red and blue can be found in Vivec City and elsewhere), mushroom planters and the specimen containers with mushrooms in them (found in Vvardenfell Telvanni towers), lots of book furnishings, open books and scrolls, windows and books and lighting from Apocrypha.

If we’re getting single furnishing stations to contain them all, I reeeally hope we will be able to select the style of them!

Another open plot to build on.

The ability to queue emotes at nodes for houseguests and have them sit in chairs.

o:)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 27, 2023 10:37PM
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akatosh hourglass for those of us who missed it
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trevore wrote: »
    With the Arcanist's new ability to make portals, I hope we get to place portals as furnishings.
    Structural furnishings in various Dunmeri styles

Big time agree on both of these. Agree that now is the best, most fitting time ever for Point-to-Point Portal furnishings. What a massive thing that'd be housing builds too, really changes a lot and opens up a whole new dimension to making houses.

And yes, Structural Furnishings of the various Dunmeri styles is something I've been asking for since basically ESO: Morrowind 5 years ago lol. I think eventually adding Structural Furnishings for all the architectures in ESO is a goal they should strive for over time.

To add a new idea of my own: A "Scrying Pool."

An item that allows you to "Scry" to different places in Tamriel, so you would activate it, choose a location, for example Alinor, or Vivec City, and it would display a live display of that location.

Runescape back in like 2006 added this as an item for Player Houses and I always thought it was a super cool thing. Would love to see it also in ESO, and would be pretty fitting for this year's theme too. Always felt like a powerful Wizard watching places from afar with it.

Just wonder if it'd be even possible considering it's two very different game engines lol...
    Edited by Vehlir on January 27, 2023 4:42PM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cottage in in high isle by the sea.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same thing I want every time Pinky!

A bookcase that actually has shelves tall enough to fit the interactive book furnishings.

Seriously, we don't have one yet. There's a lot of bookcases and at best it's just the taller books which will clip into the shelves at the top and bottom and they can be positioned so it's not too noticable...but then it often makes it impossible to interact with them. The worst ones have shelves less than 1/2 the height of most books.

I've been wanting it (and asking for it) for years, but if ever there was a perfect release to include it this is it. (It would also be nice if it was just a regular wooden bookcase and not an overtly daedric one. Or more than one style.)

The ideal of course would be a bookcase where the books can be placed automatically, like the ones in Skyrim, so I don't have to spend forever tinkering with precision edits to make them fit. But shelves where they can fit would still be a big improvement.
    Edited by Danikat on January 27, 2023 11:36PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    Decorative armor (high isle would have been the *perfect time* to give us suits of armor as decorations!!), more decorative weapons, musical instruments (I see lutes and harps already out there in the game world so the models already exist!), garden-type plants (like the ones in the planters in Dreadsail Reef) and fruit trees.

And yes, a statue of Hermaeus Mora. I have a build going with statues of all the Daedric Princes (only missing Namira, and eagerly waiting for the crown crates with her statue to come back around so I can nab her).

I would also love more giant piles of books.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a furniture bag, similar to a crafting bag, where extra furniture can be stored. That you don't need an extra house just to store the furniture and you don't need to worry about furniture taking up an inventory slot. It's a quality of life thing that many people who are really into the housing, such as myself, would like to see implemented.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    I haven't actually looked at furnishings in detail since Deadlands as I've been away from the game, but if it hasn't been done yet, a large wooden platform that can be used as a floor that doesn't have gaps between boards and, separately, a parquet floor.

Reason being that when you're building over water it's always a bit strange to look down and see water through the floor, but it's a waste of slots to put stone underneath.

Flip the solitude platforms (the grey and blue mosaic stones) upside down. They have a wood underside without gaps. You can hide the stone seems pretty easy because they have a 1 unit difference in height than the actual wood surface.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »
    Northwold wrote: »

Flip the solitude platforms (the grey and blue mosaic stones) upside down. They have a wood underside without gaps. You can hide the stone seems pretty easy because they have a 1 unit difference in height than the actual wood surface.

Thank you!
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some more Dunmer furniture in general. But to be a little more specific I'd like some that look like the one from the TES V Dragonborn DLC and some more from TES III Morrowind especially for the Telvanni. Unless my memory fails me they had furniture more in line with the TESO Hlaalu and Redoran furniture. I'd like to have some more of that with a Telvanni spin like the Telvanni sigil on some of the pices. The current TESO Telvanni furniture is also in need of some new textures (like all the older stuff) if it is to be reused for the upcoming Necrom chapter.

Maybe a black book and other arcane books for my library.

Also some entchantment gear and alchemie gear for my laboratory are always welcome. Esptially if they are tailored to my perfered furnishing styles.

That aside I'd love some more furniture for my Aylied ruin or Alinor houses in the respective Styles.

Small Welkyn stones! And a rework of the light intensety of the Valar stones.

I also noticed that some of the basic kitchen things like appels need a rework since they totally show there age. I'm currently struggeling with a kitchen for that reason.

A fireplace/coocking stations tailored for the above mentioned stiles will also be a welcome addition.
    Edited by ThelerisTelvanni on January 31, 2023 7:26PM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waterfalls, natural ponds and pools, and streams/rapids/creek pieces to connect them all.

I feel like ESO does really well with nature objects, except for water. They did release a waterfall item with Summerset, but it's even got "small" in the name, and there are no streams or natural pools to connect it to anything.

Waterfall-Small-Everlasting-1-1.jpg
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a few little things.... roofs with shingles, big glass walls, windows with glass, more bathtubs, more pillows, swimming pools, cozy sofas, open closets with clothes in them, planters...
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many repetead requests like armor manequins, weapon racks, planters only with soil, water basins etc.

I wish for more structural furnishings, especially in the lacking categories, such as roof pieces, stained glass windows, triangular pieces for roof construction (sideways), and so on.

For me it would be an amazing improvement to see player placeable portals added in houses, or other forms of teleporting the player to a certain location. We could build up and speed up travelling in large houses. The game has various teleporting devices, besides portals, like the void fissure in Markarth, but also the grappling hook. These portals could be used for minigames, building vertically, and for shortcuts.

An other thing I would really love to place in my house is a wayshrine. Especially in the very large houses, a wayshrine is a nice addition.

I also believe the Akatosh hourglass should be available to unlock at all times.

There is something else I would like to see. A way to upgrade / change modules in your house. Like in Skyrim.
    One example is the Cat's Paw landing that has dirty walls. You could upgrade the house doing story quests or just paying resources. Clean the walls upgrade. Add an extra room upgrade. For larger houses, imagine starting with a small shack, and by doing the zone quests you get the opportunity to unlock new modules, like walls, a tower, a pool, a barn, and so on. More options for the same slot could motivate players to try different things, like upgrade to a crypt instead of a tower, or make the interior walls blue instead of red.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    A lot of good ideas, many asked for for a log time, but i need to point out something. If they don't up the item limit, the suggestions for things like "more books" is (IMO) silly. One bookshelf, filled with these "readable books" could take 50 slots or whatnot.

Its been mentioned how about a filled bookcase that links to certain books, or lore books found, etc. So one item that looks filled and worth adding to a limited housing limit, offers more for the space, and you get your "usable" bookcase.

I think they need more "grouped" things. Instead of a bookshelf you can put items on (12 slots) you have a filled bookshelf (1 slot), how about a filled feast table which so many people make to save some slots, things of this sort.

Then less people would feel the need to keep asking for house limit increases since 1 shelf wouldn't require so much to make it look nice.
  • Fennorian
    Fennorian
    ✭✭✭
    I’m hoping with the new chapter there will be some new Almalexia themed furnishings, as there are tribunal statues of both Sotha Sil and Vivec, but none of Almalexia as of yet. I’m also hoping that there will be some Necrom themed dunmer furnishings, because I really love the architecture that I’ve seen so far in the trailer. Fingers crossed!
    Quite literally an NPC
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that lets us pick which entrance a house uses in homes with multiple exits.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora statue (plus Sanguine and Jyggalag to complete the collection)

Almalexia statue to complete that collection
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of good ideas, many asked for for a log time, but i need to point out something. If they don't up the item limit, the suggestions for things like "more books" is (IMO) silly. One bookshelf, filled with these "readable books" could take 50 slots or whatnot.

Its been mentioned how about a filled bookcase that links to certain books, or lore books found, etc. So one item that looks filled and worth adding to a limited housing limit, offers more for the space, and you get your "usable" bookcase.

I think they need more "grouped" things. Instead of a bookshelf you can put items on (12 slots) you have a filled bookshelf (1 slot), how about a filled feast table which so many people make to save some slots, things of this sort.

Then less people would feel the need to keep asking for house limit increases since 1 shelf wouldn't require so much to make it look nice.

Well that will help with the slot limitation, but on the other hand create the "every house looks the same/more simular" problem. I perfer more slots, since I value my individual palcements.

Well that will help with the slot limitation, but on the other hand create the "every house looks the same/more simular" problem. I perfer more slots, since I value my individual palcements.

I certainly agree, but as we've been asking for more slots pretty much since housing was added, it doesn't seem like its a likely thing to pop up. Therefore by making these "group" items, it will save space and then you can add more individual stuff to personalize your home. Even swapping 1 or 2 current setups with one of these "group" items, could save a few dozen slots for elsewhere, you don't need to fill every home with them entirely.

Before they had "filled bookcases", when they were all empty, people all asked for filled ones to save slots. This is just the next step. A universal "feast table" with plates, food, etc. can be altered with your own lighting, some extra food bits, etc. and save dozens of slots while still making it your own. Same with alchemy shelves/tables, enchanting shelves/tables, weapon racks, armor stands, crate stacks, all manor of common groupings of items currently built all the time, just made into a 1 slot furnishing item.

Plus you already have the options currently available to design you own if that's what you prefer.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I certainly agree, but as we've been asking for more slots pretty much since housing was added, it doesn't seem like its a likely thing to pop up. Therefore by making these "group" items, it will save space and then you can add more individual stuff to personalize your home. Even swapping 1 or 2 current setups with one of these "group" items, could save a few dozen slots for elsewhere, you don't need to fill every home with them entirely.

Before they had "filled bookcases", when they were all empty, people all asked for filled ones to save slots. This is just the next step. A universal "feast table" with plates, food, etc. can be altered with your own lighting, some extra food bits, etc. and save dozens of slots while still making it your own. Same with alchemy shelves/tables, enchanting shelves/tables, weapon racks, armor stands, crate stacks, all manor of common groupings of items currently built all the time, just made into a 1 slot furnishing item.

Plus you already have the options currently available to design you own if that's what you prefer.

Agreed, it’s nice to have these filled furnishings as well as plain that you can further customize if desired! I was in Daggerfall the other day and saw a cabinet filled with dishes — that’s something I don’t think we have yet either.