The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

SOUTHERN/NORTHERN ELSWEYR EVENT GEAR , WHAT IS GOOD? WORTH SELLING/KEEPING???

Amethyst_Unearthed
Amethyst_Unearthed
✭✭✭
Hello!! I'm looking to see what gear in the areas of Northern + Southern Elsweyr are worth keeping? selling? Ever since the sticker book basically destroying the majority of the overland gear market I have stopped following information on sets that others are currently using or what sets might get used for certain reasons i.e. Darloc Brae for Pickpocketing/Thieving set/build. In case the overland sets I each zone might not be known by heart i listed them bellow, thank you for any help you can give me, I play on Xbox so i know the markets between platforms are VERY different. Thankyou everyone who replies, happy farming during The Season of The Dragon!!!

-Crafty Alfiq
-Vesture of Darloc Brae
-Call of the Undertaker
-Senche-raht's Grit
-Vastarie's Tutelage
-Coldharbour's Favorite
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2023 7:39PM

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • fleetingyouth_ESO
    fleetingyouth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I still sell just as much gear on the trader as I did before the stickerbook. I made several million gold last week alone on gear and sold a golded-out weapon for almost a million alone.

Gold is in abundance in the game and is much easier to get than stones. So lots of players still buy gear rather than rebuild from their book especially if it's an entire set.

As for what was worth selling before the event I'd say only Darloc Brae and Crafty Alfiq. Maybe a piece or two from other sets if it had the right trait but I don't remember seeing anything of value.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience I would have said you're gonna make more off the furniture plans/recipes than the gear unless it's the right trait. Guilds tend to share a lot of their extras, but there are several who aren't in one.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darloc Brae is good for equipping a character to do Thieves Guild / Dark Brotherhood stuff. I suspect prices even for useful items will hit rock bottom during the event, so I'm not even checking if they're worse anything and deconstruct everything.

The crafted gear sets you listed are things I only deal with for crafting writs, no idea if any of them is worth selling.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about XB pricing but this is what I have found on PC\NA.
    Right now, likely prices on all of it will drop due to the market being glutted from the event, so you may want to consider hanging on to the better pieces for later.

Only ones I've bothered selling are Crafty's, and Undertaker with certain traits.
    Darloc may be ok, but I've never seen it going for prices that are worth one of my trader slots, TBH I make much more consistently on motifs and furniture plans.

All figures below are OFF-event estimates, not sure how much price will drop during event. I only list Epic quality gear too. Superior can likely get you a few thousand for the traits below, but again I have other things that are better value for my trader slots.

Crafty's:
    Any pieces with Divines or Impen, but especially Head, Chest or Legs with those traits and Epic qual.
    Divines, lower to mid 5 figures.
    Impen, mid 5 figures easy.
    Jewelry, epic qual easy low 5 figures, say 10k-20k depending on market supply. When prices drop too low you're better off breaking down the jewelry for grains and selling those which are consistently good pricing (low to mid 5 figures)

Undertaker:
    I have not bothered with this set except pre and during PVP events. Pieces with Impen, (best Head, Chest or Legs), Epic qual.
    Jewelry and weaps seem more common. But with the prices I see some listing jewelry for, like 4 figures, they'd make way more breaking down and selling the grains, or platings.

Darloc's:
    Pricing is not consistent and usually not at a point where I'll bother listing. More value in the mats from breaking it all down.
    If it will sell well tho you will want Divines, epic qual. Actually right now they are listing for low 5 figures, not bad.
    Jewelry I break down.

For the other sets TBH I've no clue, I never sell them. I never run Southern Elsweyr, the latency at dragon fights in that zone is usually awful for me. So I know and farm N. Elsweyr quite well.

If you are newer to trading, a few things I've learned.
    • If you are looking to purely make gold, I would recommend sticking to the motifs from both zones, always good pricing in low to mid 5 figures for most of it. Then keep an eye out for the set pieces above with the better traits.
    • Get in the habit of checking the value of crafting materials before listing a piece, or improving anything with hopes to sell it at a higher price. Often there is WAY more value listing the materials instead of listing an item you used mats to improve, ESPECIALLY jewelry.
    • Personally, with any item I never consider improving it beyond Epic. Legendary materials have a LOT more value than you could get for selling an improved version of most things on a trader. I've seen where someone will list a way overpriced average item that's been improved to Legendary. I guess in the hope that merely by being gold quality it will bring them hundreds of thousands in gold. Maybe in very rare cases, but on average it's a waste IMO.
    • Best advice I could give is get familiar watching the market on something like TTC, then just start listing. Find what works well for you, adapt as you go. You never want to be the highest price listed of course, try to stay competitive with others but not overpriced.
    • Be patient. Especially during events sales tend to slow a bit for me, that seems to be the norm. It's ok to bank something you know has good value and just wait. When there are thousands of it listed, IF you can sell it, you won't get nearly what you could when there are only a few hundred being listed.
    • Always try to keep all your trader slots filled.
    • List what other players are looking for, not just junk you don't want.
    • Go for consistency in sales versus the hope of a huge payday.

Above all, just have fun with it and don't get frustrated if the gold doesn't come pouring in right away. It will begin steadily flowing as you learn and adapt your sales methods.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on January 27, 2023 2:14PM
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »
    Not sure about XB pricing but this is what I have found on PC\NA.
    Right now, likely prices on all of it will drop due to the market being glutted from the event, so you may want to consider hanging on to the better pieces for later.

Second this. Don’t bother trying to sell anything from the event for at least a few months.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland gear is already so easy to get and people who are likely to spend gold on it have already likely filled out their stickerbook and can just reconstruct a piece at will. Events like this flood players with gear as well to the point of making it more likely you are wasting a trader slot. That being said, the only pieces I try to sell are Alfiq purple jewelry. I may throw a few Alfiq impen body pieces in if I have a slot, but those are usually the first I will pull. And there are enough motif drops that I probably will list almost no gear through the event. Even so, Alfiq isn't as much of a desired set as it was a few years ago.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst ESO+ free trial is on decon it and sell the mats, everyone wants mats, the gear will be too common.

I deconned several 100 items yesterday collected just from the part of day the event ran! With double drops everywhere there will be tons around for months! 😀
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone, you are all very helpful as always. I find of all platforms this community is the most helpful and mature, and for that i appreciate you all.

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sell all the vendor trash (white and generic green) and deconstruct the rest - that way I get the trait stones, which can be valuable.

One thing to watch out for is the value of jewellery versus the value of the grains you can get from deconstructing them. In particular purple items, only a few very specific items are worth more than a purple grain.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafty Alfiq is a popular set in PVP. The jewelry sells for a decent price (5-10K gold on average). But that was before the event.