Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden class

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
Is warden the top op class out there now because some people say it and lot of people are using it as well?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP supposedly but I doubt they overtake DKs still, in PvE... also no.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I am wondering is it possible to make a good 1 bad frost warden also is winter revenge worth using when I hear is not as good and I don't like wall of elements neither it suck.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

I am wondering is it possible to make a good 1 bad frost warden also is winter revenge worth using when I hear is not as good and I don't like wall of elements neither it suck.

I'm having some trouble understanding this question, are you asking if frost warden is viable? If so, it very much is. The thing about frost warden is status effect application. The important thing is the recent change to warden's glacial presence passive. It now increases the damage of the chilled status effect by a large amount. You want to take advantage of this by using the charged weapon glyph on your front bar, along with (in pve environments) using a arctic blast, winter's revenge, unstable wall of frost as your damage over time skills with frost reach as your spammable.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You shouldn't believe what you hear. Especially when some say this and others say the opposite.

Fact is that the Ice Warden has been considerably buffed over the last patches.
    Several changes to passives and abilities have given it a large boost in damage.
    However you need to build for that. For example like @ESO_Nightingale has layed out.
    You want to take advantage of this by using the charged weapon glyph on your front bar, along with (in pve environments) using a arctic blast, winter's revenge, unstable wall of frost as your damage over time skills with frost reach as your spammable.
    Granted, it is powerful as a group DPS, but I personally do not like this setup for SOLO PvE, as I suspect OP wants a build for...
    It has burst heal, but not enough HoT and it makes almost no use of the new Advanced species passive. Plus there is no debuffing the enemy besides minor brittle.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on January 24, 2023 2:33PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Winters revenge is still worth using yeah, I use it on backbar. Wall of elements is a must-have because of enchant renewal and honestly frost wall can be useful. I don’t know about one bar. There’s one bar ha wardens but apart from that I’m not sure, you wouldn’t be using winters revenge or wall of elements probably though, those are backbar skills.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You shouldn't believe what you hear. Especially when some say this and others say the opposite.

Fact is that the Ice Warden has been considerably buffed over the last patches.
    Several changes to passives and abilities have given it a large boost in damage.
    However you need to build for that. For example like @ESO_Nightingale has layed out.
    You want to take advantage of this by using the charged weapon glyph on your front bar, along with (in pve environments) using a arctic blast, winter's revenge, unstable wall of frost as your damage over time skills with frost reach as your spammable.
    Granted, it is powerful as a group DPS, but I personally do not like this setup for SOLO PvE, as I suspect OP wants a build for...
    It has burst heal, but not enough HoT and it makes almost no use of the new Advanced species passive. Plus there is no debuffing the enemy besides minor brittle.

it works great in solo pve, what do you mean? applying your own brittle and having strong blocking bonuses really helps. lotus blossom is very good for solo and arctic acts as your burst heal. i get 12% or more crit damage from advanced species since i sometimes slot bird of prey, making it 16%
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 24, 2023 3:20PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it works great in solo pve, what do you mean? applying your own brittle and having strong blocking bonuses really helps. lotus blossom is very good for solo and arctic acts as your burst heal. i get 12% or more crit damage from advanced species since i sometimes slot bird of prey, making it 16%

Oh, you mean on a two bar setup? Yeah, then okay. There will be enough bar space for everything. Of course. I thought you meant a one bar setup, as requested by OP. Sorry. :D
    I am wondering is it possible to make a good 1 bad bar frost warden also is winter revenge worth using when I hear is not as good and I don't like wall of elements neither it suck.

Pretty sure this was a typo.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

I'm having some trouble understanding this question, are you asking if frost warden is viable? If so, it very much is. The thing about frost warden is status effect application. The important thing is the recent change to warden's glacial presence passive. It now increases the damage of the chilled status effect by a large amount. You want to take advantage of this by using the charged weapon glyph on your front bar, along with (in pve environments) using a arctic blast, winter's revenge, unstable wall of frost as your damage over time skills with frost reach as your spammable.

Sorry I mean 1 bar
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Winters revenge is still worth using yeah, I use it on backbar. Wall of elements is a must-have because of enchant renewal and honestly frost wall can be useful. I don’t know about one bar. There’s one bar ha wardens but apart from that I’m not sure, you wouldn’t be using winters revenge or wall of elements probably though, those are backbar skills.

But what is the best for 1 bar and also wall of elements suck because it don't do lot of damage for all the elements.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Oh, you mean on a two bar setup? Yeah, then okay. There will be enough bar space for everything. Of course. I thought you meant a one bar setup, as requested by OP. Sorry. :D
    I am wondering is it possible to make a good 1 bad bar frost warden also is winter revenge worth using when I hear is not as good and I don't like wall of elements neither it suck.

Pretty sure this was a typo.

1 bar I was talking about.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my lazy setup for my frost warden:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=456050

Maybe not the most optimized, but I find it is easier to play than more frost oriented setups with Frost Reach and Arctic Blast. The uptime of chilled and brittle on Bosses is between 60% and 80%.
    Arctic blast would also force me into melee and I do not like that for the MagDen. I only use birds because I can stay ranged. If not, I switch to Frost Reach, ironically.
    And in group content I can swap Growing Swarm in for the flowers.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on January 25, 2023 7:48AM
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    This is my lazy setup for my frost warden:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=456050

Maybe not the most optimized, but I find it is easier to play than more frost oriented setups with Frost Reach and Arctic Blast. The uptime of chilled and brittle on Bosses is between 60% and 80%.
    Arctic blast would also force me into melee and I do not like that for the MagDen. I only use birds because I can stay ranged. If not, I switch to Frost Reach, ironically.
    And in group content I can swap Growing Swarm in for the flowers.

You can use Serpent’s Disdain set + Force Shock skill. This will provide 100%
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For solo PVE it's a lot of fun, but I think all classes are. The only thing I don't like about frost Wardens at the moment is the passive skill that feels like you're being punished for not using a frost staff. Works against the build freedom of the game imo. Otherwise, I think they're in a pretty good place compared to most classes.

My favourite solo playstyle right now is a frost Warden tank. I love rocking up to world bosses and being able to hold their attention while other players kill them, or even solo them myself. Bonkers high damage isn't essential imo because overland enemies all die so fast anyway, and that frees you up to create some weird and wonderful playstyles.

I use one hand and shield with the Frozen Watcher set and Turning Tide set, paired with Oakensoul for the 1-bar build you're after. I shield charge to engage a group of mobs, then hit gripping shards to lock them in place and deal AOE frost damage, then hold block which, thanks to Frozen Watcher, summons another AOE frost blizzard around me for as long as I hold the block button. As soon as an enemy attacks me I can bash them with Power Slam, buffed by 33% damage thanks to the Riposte CP slottable, and unleash the Turning Tide set's AOE. Super satisfying! I use the bear ultimate so that he's munching down on all the enemies locked in place and freezing in my blizzard, which pairs almost brokenly well with the Strategic Reserve CP slottable (boosts your health recovery by the amount of ult you have multiplied by 3, for a total of 1,500 extra health recovery - you just never spend ult on the active part of the bear ult. Let him do his own thing). You can either use Arctic Blast for another frost AOE here, or the alt morph Polar Wind for an amazing heal and HOT that affects both you and your bear (or companion, or other players). I opt for Polar Wind for the benefits to my bear, companion, and other players in world boss encounters. I find regular mobs already die fast enough without the extra AOE. And now almost all your damage (gripping shards, frozen watcher, turning tide) damage scales by your max health rather than weapon/spell damage stats, you can just stack that to insane 50k+ heights. Survivability or damage? Why not both!

You can also swap out Turning Tide for Void Bash and Iceheart, which helps group enemies together even more for gripping shards uses, provides yet another passive frost AOE, and additional survivability from damage shields. But I like how Turning Tide gives me something to react to while blocking. If you literally just want to hold block and watch everything around you die though, then Iceheart is a fantastic alternative, but you'll probably want to focus more on weapon/spell damage now rather than health, making Arctic Blast preferable over Polar Wind.

Man, I really love this game sometimes.