Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never have the threads of fate become so twisted...

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah #justdunmerthings, love the culture. We can do the same in our homes with the excess of houseguests and basement rooms lol

I'm sure they'll enjoy it. I'll even feed them culinary specialities from exotic far-away places (Clockwork City Flavorless Nutriment Paste is very special, believe me).

Edited by Syldras on January 22, 2023 6:42PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Syldras wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Interesting, but do you really think ZOS will let us kill Sun-In-Shadow? Me either. :smile:

They'll just make up a new one. It's not difficult to build a cliché mad scientist character. Actually they already did this once with Arkasis, the alchemist in the Stone Garden dungeon.

That said, I find clichés rather boring. Foreseeable. Always the same.

Based on ZOS's penchant for bringing back well-known characters with little regard for lore continuity, this seems the perfect opportunity to recycle Mannimarco,
    even if you left him securely in the hands of his nemesis instead of freeing him.

We know he escaped eventually but not when
    For all we know that could have been shortly after molag bal defeat as he lost control over many soul and may have been temporaly weaker.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For seven years I've been looking at these unusable doors, wondering what's meant to be on the other side. Now, maybe we'll find out.
    abyamtZ.jpg

There's a note from an H Mora cultist outside the doors...
    6WcATNQ.jpg

Location in Stonefalls...
    32Yue3y.jpg
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For seven years I've been looking at these unusable doors, wondering what's meant to be on the other side.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-map-Apocrypha's_Gate.jpg
    ;)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Glad this was shared on the Forum too and not only on Twitter or other social media platforms.

Just wanted to follow up on this. We do try to filter as much to the forum as possible. Sometimes it isn't possible because of forum limitation, but most of the time, we do share stuff like this on the forum. However, we often share it in our News section.

We posted this here in the general section today as it isn't "news" by technical definition. But we're glad more ppl are seeing it.

You mentioned sometimes it isn't possible due to forum limitations - what limitations exactly? Reminds me of our previous conversation here. I think it's safe to say anything that gets posted on social media should get posted here. IMO, Interviews and social media should be shared here so that the official forums are comprehensive and we can discuss it here where developers are (theoretically) present.

Hopefully you can see this from a different perspective.

Thanks for sharing the post this time.
    Edited by Destai on January 22, 2023 7:50PM
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    Alpharos7 wrote: »
    Just hoping that if the chapter does indeed revolve around Hermaus Mora as expected, that Neloth also makes an appearance. That would be amazing!

Pretty sure he's yet to be born in our timeline here.

From some basic research it looks like his age is disputed. It would just be too much of a coincidence not to have him appear. I'd love to meet a much younger Neloth on the lower rungs of the Telvanni ladder, it would definitely add some additional dimensions to the character, and it would explain his fascination with Hermaus Mora.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing another thing in.

Lady Clarisse Laurent: "I may stick around for the peace talks. Or I heard about some strange happenings in the Telvanni Peninsula. Or Hammerfell. I haven't been there in ages."

Any guesses what the strange happenings could be? It must be something obvious if there are rumours about it even outside Morrowind.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    There's been something for monster lovers virtually every year just about.

You had dragons, then vampires and werewolves, then daedra and finally those cute fauns that are so cute

and now tentacles. We've reached the tentacles.

And this album is going to be my head-canon unofficial soundtrack for it. https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Tyranny/Tides_of_Awakening/76751

So is there no way to listen to clips on that site?

It's also on Bandcamp, here: https://tyrannydoom.bandcamp.com/album/tides-of-awakening

I listened to that band a lot when playing Skyrim's Dragonborn expansion so if we are revisiting Hermaeus Mora it would make sense to delve into some of the darkest Lovecraftian doom metal I know.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been something for monster lovers virtually every year just about.

You had dragons, then vampires and werewolves, then daedra and finally those cute fauns that are so cute

and now tentacles. We've reached the tentacles.

And this album is going to be my head-canon unofficial soundtrack for it. https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Tyranny/Tides_of_Awakening/76751

So is there no way to listen to clips on that site?

It's also on Bandcamp, here: https://tyrannydoom.bandcamp.com/album/tides-of-awakening

I listened to that band a lot when playing Skyrim's Dragonborn expansion so if we are revisiting Hermaeus Mora it would make sense to delve into some of the darkest Lovecraftian doom metal I know.

Thank you! Bandcamp works. Appreciate the link!

[ETA} I know I'm ancient compared to a lot of people here, but I do love me some seriously great metal - and that first track is AWESOME. I'm off to listen to the rest, and buy the album too! Again, thanks!
    Edited by TaSheen on January 23, 2023 1:54AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder how they are going to shove Raz into this expansion?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just hoping that if the chapter does indeed revolve around Hermaus Mora as expected, that Neloth also makes an appearance. That would be amazing!

Pretty sure he's yet to be born in our timeline here.

From some basic research it looks like his age is disputed. It would just be too much of a coincidence not to have him appear. I'd love to meet a much younger Neloth on the lower rungs of the Telvanni ladder, it would definitely add some additional dimensions to the character, and it would explain his fascination with Hermaus Mora.

They can surely do so as his age wasn't confirmed (just knowing he's not 4k y.o. lol) but as he wasn't in Sadrith Mora I assume he's not around at this time considering he never was on a mainland. I'd love to see him anyway, if not Tharn anymore.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing another thing in.

Lady Clarisse Laurent: "I may stick around for the peace talks. Or I heard about some strange happenings in the Telvanni Peninsula. Or Hammerfell. I haven't been there in ages."

Any guesses what the strange happenings could be? It must be something obvious if there are rumours about it even outside Morrowind.

Well, Hammerfell's crisis is just about gravity. Once they pick up the hammer, everything will be fine. No need to bring out the big heroes for that. :smile:

The Telvanni are always getting into trouble. There pretty much isn't anything that wouldn't be a crisis there. All it takes is for some Telvanni to be involved in some ego-driven endeavor and the rest of Tamriel will have to trod up there to stop them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Telvanni are always getting into trouble. There pretty much isn't anything that wouldn't be a crisis there. All it takes is for some Telvanni to be involved in some ego-driven endeavor and the rest of Tamriel will have to trod up there to stop them.

Oh, now I see what will happen: It's Magister Varkenel's glorious return! Over 500 years after the creation of the Vvardvark he has invented another animal. The, uhm... Dragon-Guar. A mix between Dragon and, obviously, Guar, with a bit of Cliffstrider mixed in for extra aggression. And now it's gotten a bit out of control and these things are threatening two worlds: Morrowind - and whatever that thing's called where these n'wah live.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, now I see what will happen: It's Magister Varkenel's glorious return! Over 500 years after the creation of the Vvardvark he has invented another animal. The, uhm... Dragon-Guar. A mix between Dragon and, obviously, Guar, with a bit of Cliffstrider mixed in for extra aggression. And now it's gotten a bit out of control and these things are threatening two worlds: Morrowind - and whatever that thing's called where these n'wah live.

Dragon-Guar. :smile:
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two worlds hang in the balance

Didn't ZOS say just last year that they're moving away from generic end-of-the-world plotlines? Quote from Studio Director's letter in 2021:
    Our content plans will be to back off major plots with "end of the world invasion" themes for a bit to tell a traditional "Elder Scrolls" story of political intrigue and factional infighting

Was that just for 2022? We going back to villain of the year episodes now?
    Edited by xgoku1 on January 23, 2023 2:08PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »

Didn't ZOS say just last year that they're moving away from generic end-of-the-world plotlines? Quote from Studio Director's letter in 2021:
    Our content plans will be to back off major plots with "end of the world invasion" themes for a bit to tell a traditional "Elder Scrolls" story of political intrigue and factional infighting

He said "for a bit". Obviously, that bit is over already.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and I am wondering whether the feedback they think they got was "destroy Nirn or go home".

I am not looking forward to the next level of "OMG!" in a brand new world-ending story that has to try and top all previous attempts. I thought that Molag Bal vacuuming up Nirn into his realm was good enough to last me for a while, and was done much better than the ones that have followed it.
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and I am wondering whether the feedback they think they got was "destroy Nirn or go home".

I am not looking forward to the next level of "OMG!" in a brand new world-ending story that has to try and top all previous attempts. I thought that Molag Bal vacuuming up Nirn into his realm was good enough to last me for a while, and was done much better than the ones that have followed it.

Well, since they're not trying to shove the entire story into one year this time, maybe it will have a chance to play out better over the course of a couple years, with smaller intrigues that build up over time.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly can't care less if that's a political intrigue with slight occult fleur or a world shattering event with expensive fire show *choir of damned souls intensifies* if that's a good, deep enough story with enough lore meat to sink teeth into.

Preferably without any more brain damage done to the vestige in a process as they're already damaged enough to question his every action every two sentences. Less Disney, boring druids and more ES weirdness.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The culmination of Year of the "Breton" (r: Druid) literally ended in a "end of the world" plotline, so maybe they meant for after what they had already worked on? Maybe this year will be more political intrigue mixed with saving 2 worlds.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on January 23, 2023 3:02PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am 99% sure they saw the poor feedback for 2022's story and just decided to reset and return to the good ol' Impending Doom plotline.

I'm sure they can pull this off in an interesting way, but IMO these stories are ultimately pointless in a prequel like ESO because we know Nirn is "just fine" in the 12 games that happen after TESO chronologically.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already got the confirmation that the story started in the upcoming Chapter will span multiple years and at least continue in the Chapter next year, pretty much like we had during Morrowind and Summerset.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naryu stuff in the crown store. Surely, it can't be her returning again. Hasn't she tangled the threads of fate enough already? :s

PC EU
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu stuff in the crown store. Surely, it can't be her returning again. Hasn't she tangled the threads of fate enough already? :s

Crown store offerings don't mean anything before chapter, or dlc release. What about all the other limited time offerings? Do those have connections to the chapter as well? I'm sure someone will come along and try to prove that otherwise. If she is in it, which I already suspect anyway only because it's been so long, then it's coincidental.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as the story is interesting and written well then I don't really care if it is potentially world-ending or not. Plus, Daedric Princes are giant a-holes so if Nirn is weak and vulnerable then they will see an opening and go for it.

I also like that they seem to be abandoning the approach that each race gets a deep dive before going back to any area. It makes sense if Bosmer and Redguard are the only two left and you changed up your format where this new format can't do much of a "deep dive" like other years could. Plus, when you revealed one being a focus, you automatically knew what was coming the next year... kind of ruins the surprise a bit. Unless of course we all got thrown off and are wrong lol.

Also, @xgoku1, that is a good point about the stories being pointless since we know that the Princes didn't win but the same could be said for a lot of the stories. A lot of people want a story that finishes up the Falinesti storyline from the AD zones but it's already written in TES lore and timeline when it returns, so kind of know the outcome. Would still love to go see it and the Imga though. In the end, for me, it comes down to how good the stories are. Although I wouldn't be completely against a storyline where we lost for once, like Infinity War, be cool to see that.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Crown store offerings don't mean anything before chapter, or dlc release. What about all the other limited time offerings? Do those have connections to the chapter as well? I'm sure someone will come along and try to prove that otherwise. If she is in it, which I already suspect anyway only because it's been so long, then it's coincidental.

Morrowind was her last appearance? A while ago, then.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I might watch the Chapter boss fight on YouTube while playing Elden Ring a second time. If it looks more challenging than High Isle, I consider buying it. Ok?
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Morrowind was her last appearance? A while ago, then.

No, she appeared again last year at the Zenithar festival.
    Naryu stuff in the crown store. Surely, it can't be her returning again.

Things in the crown store or not - I'm quite sure that she will. "Fan favorite". If there's anything remotely Morrowind again, they'll probably throw her in. Wouldn't even be surprised that if a returning character is featured in the cinematic trailer, it will be her again. Personally, I dislike this meaningsless recycling. I've written it somewhere else already: If it's mainly a Telvanni story, I'd want to see a Telvanni leading us through the story.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, Naryu would be a thousand times better than Evelie and Jakarn.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, Naryu would be a thousand times better than Evelie and Jakarn.

I'd agree but still if she's there just for the sake of old familiar face it would flop just the same as those two. She's already reappeared with some unknown to us lore about things we've done, so with such approach I won't be expecting much.