The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden replacement for Templar healer?

MidniteOwl1913
MidniteOwl1913
✭✭✭✭✭
Post U35 I've been disappointed in my Templar healer and wondering if a Warden would be a better choice for vet content?

Bringing up a new toon is a pain, so it would have to be a lot better...

PS5/NA
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well currently Warden healer is always chosen because of the area Major Resolve and Maturation passive. So wherever you go you will be appreciated as Warden healer. However the other healer in raids are purely based on class composition and it is rather a flex spot in terms of class. Currently Nightblade is chosen as second healer class for most of the time though.
    Edited by Treeshka on January 23, 2023 8:49PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Well currently Warden healer is always chosen because of the area Major Resolve and Maturation passive. So wherever you go you will be appreciated as Warden healer. However the other healer in raids are purely based on class composition and it is rather a flex spot in terms of class. Currently Nightblade is chosen as second healer class for most of the time though.

I was not aware of this — what makes nightblades particularly desirable as healers at present?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was not aware of this — what makes nightblades particularly desirable as healers at present?

I believe it’s because their passive benefits a stamina composition and they can also DPS while healing, meaning higher group DPS.

As a warden healer, warden healer is great. Along with previously mentioned bonuses, you can heal from range. Warden I believe is more AOE than Templar is, though. There’s no Breath of Life equivalent since vines got nerfed (twice, because the first time killing it wasn’t enough). With Betty you can get spell damage and sustain which is great.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I believe it’s because their passive benefits a stamina composition and they can also DPS while healing, meaning higher group DPS.

As a warden healer, warden healer is great. Along with previously mentioned bonuses, you can heal from range. Warden I believe is more AOE than Templar is, though. There’s no Breath of Life equivalent since vines got nerfed (twice, because the first time killing it wasn’t enough). With Betty you can get spell damage and sustain which is great.

I never really adapted to warden — everything seems to be delayed or area-based. I’ve always preferred playing templar or necro healer, but it’s been a process adapting to all the changes from last year and figuring out what is no longer useful (I feel like necro lost a lot of utility) and what new I might try. I should try NB healer so as to have the full range of potentially desirable options. :)
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My second healer is a NB and I have found myself using her more and more as the templar just doesn't work as well for me right now.

I like to have two different healers though so Warden, maybe...

PS5/NA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd say Warden is best healing class for all PVE. They bring Minor Vulnerability, Minor Intellect, Minor Endurance, Major Resolve and Minor Toughness, as well as solid heals, a unique synergy and the ability to easily add Minor Brittle (on multiple enemies).

Nightblade is useful for the Minor Savagery, and easier access to Minor Endurance and Intellect than Warden with Refreshing Path. They also have the unique ability to apply both Major and Minor Cowardice to enemies, reducing the incoming damage to allies.

Both of these do a better job of preventing incoming damage than Templar can. So things that may be a one-shot can become survivable with Warden/Nightblade healers.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so Warden it is! Maybe I'll wait though until it goes on sale in the crown store. It would be the first toon I've actually paid for... :smile:

PS5/NA
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Post U35 I've been disappointed in my Templar healer and wondering if a Warden would be a better choice for vet content?

Bringing up a new toon is a pain, so it would have to be a lot better...

It depends on the type of vet content you're running. If it's 4 person, you can really bring whatever you want, since the meta really only "firmly" applies in 12 person content. This may be stuff you already know, but in 12 person, the healer is sort of at the whim of the raidlead, and has to prepare to bring whichever buffs the group is lacking after all other roles have been assigned. I'm a diehard Templar fan, but I rarely get to heal on one because the Warden is such a strong option for the group. They give major resistances to the entire group in a massive radius, provide AoE major breach, minor vuln, AoE minor cowardice, AoE minor intellect/endurance, group minor toughness, needed synergies for Alkosh wearers, and decent healing strength. Their passives and skills offer a decent little toolkit for any support. I recommend having one at least ready to go, even if you lean towards your Templar most of the time.

Nightblade healers have a similarly useful toolkit, but with different skills. Major and minor cowardice, minor intellect/endurance, major expedition, AoE minor vuln, group minor savagery, HUGE healing potential and incredible ultimate regen which pairs really well with sets like Pillagers, Sax, and Master Architect.

You don't NEED to start out your healing adventures with every class, but with the way things change in this game, it's good to have them in your back pocket just in case. A prepared healer will get rostered really quickly in general.
    Edited by p00tx on January 25, 2023 4:28PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which vet content are you doing?

Why do you find your class weaker now?

What other problems are you having?