The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rarest Dungeon Loot Should Be Group-Wide

Alpheu5
Alpheu5
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'll preface this by saying that I'm not opposed to carrying people through content they otherwise wouldn't be able to complete in the process of pursuing my own goals. Hundreds of runs, both random and premade, involved brute forcing other members of the group through to the end for the chance of getting what I'm looking for.

That said, it's irritating, infuriating, even, when the benefit for all of that effort is directed to the party member with the least contribution to the success. So many times while farming style pages, leads, motifs, and other rare drops, there will be those people clueless as to what is happening, then walk out of the dungeon with something you may be on your 20th attempt at receiving. It's one thing to be magnanimous, but doing multiple runs for the item you desire and watching it go to someone else without so much as a thank you or acknowledgement of your existence begins to feel like you're just being walked over and wears on your tolerance for anything less than perfect in future attempts.

Groups at a basic level work toward a common goal and interact with the same items as everyone else, and the death of the final boss is the end of their obligation to one another. Why, then, is the quality of the reward not shared within the party? Everybody gets gold, a trash item, a monster helmet, and a purple set item that everyone can trade amongst themselves with equal value, and then out of nowhere this one person gets a golden style page. It's a major disincentive to want to continue running with subpar players.

As the title says, the rarest loot should be dropped for everyone that ran the dungeon. Similarly to how an incentive for doing a vet hardmode is a guaranteed motif page for everyone involved, leads and style pages being group-wide give players a reason to struggle through the content together. Even in premades, unless I'm running with the closest of friends, the majority of my experiences aren't "I got what we were looking for, but I'll stick around to help you get one, too," it's nearly always something like "lol I got it kthx bye", resulting in the added effort of finding a new member to replace the lost one, hopefully at the same or better quality, and time lost waiting to fill the slot.

All in all, the unreliability of strangers in a premade and the possibility of your desired reward being given to the weakest link lead me to be of the opinion that all members involved in a successful run should all be given the rarest loot if it happens to drop for anyone.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2023 5:19PM
Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is farming different things for different reasons at different times. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect everyone to understand what's been rare for you, and be sure to offer it or be vocally grateful at the end of the run. RNG is RNG.

In my opinion, Stickerbook solved most of this... you know you can run something and get it in x amount of runs at most, at your unluckiest. Way better than before when you never knew if you'd EVER get it.

Motifs and style pages are cosmetic and aren't "needed" for game progress and, as such, I would say are fine the way they are as drops.

If it became too easy to get rare things, nobody would run things multiple times and the whole reason content works as repeatable would go away. My two cents.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Everyone is farming different things for different reasons at different times. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect everyone to understand what's been rare for you, and be sure to offer it or be vocally grateful at the end of the run. RNG is RNG.

I agree. It also wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people do what I do and don't even check the loot they got until they're back in town sorting out what they want to keep, sell, decon etc.

If someone says during the run they're looking for a specific item and would be willing to trade for it if anyone else gets it then I'll check to see if I got the thing they wanted. Otherwise I don't have any idea what's considered rare or what I should be surprised I picked up and I won't know what I've got until sometime later (sometimes not until the next day).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play solo so don't encounter this but are you saying, for instance, that if you run a group dungeon the final headpiece can get taken by ONE player and everyone else gets nothing?? That's crazy!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    I play solo so don't encounter this but are you saying, for instance, that if you run a group dungeon the final headpiece can get taken by ONE player and everyone else gets nothing?? That's crazy!

No, OP is saying that everyone gets the actual headpiece but not everyone gets the gold style page that may be available in a certain dungeon while the weapon styles are in the crown store. It’s a rare cosmetic runebox, not a piece of gear.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only "rare" drops i can think of that they would be talking about would be:
    • antiquity leads
    • monster mask style pages

everything else in the dungeon is not too bad to get because of curation

the actual rare items in the game that do need tremendous help would be the upgraded war torte items, especially the one to get the 150% recipe because its just unnecessarily rare
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Northwold wrote: »

No, OP is saying that everyone gets the actual headpiece but not everyone gets the gold style page that may be available in a certain dungeon while the weapon styles are in the crown store. It’s a rare cosmetic runebox, not a piece of gear.

This is specifically what wore down my patience enough to make a thread about it.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.