The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Letters being sent out to streamers in advance of the reveal

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the way the letter calls the Player Character "Proxy". A proxy is a stand-in for something or someone. So, the "chosen one" of a higher power, or maybe an avatar. This reinforces Norianwe's suggestion in the new tutorial that the Player Character has been chosen. It's lore now.

I think this is far too in-your-face for role-players who like to follow the lore. It's pressuring players about how they define their own characters, reducing choice.
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the way the letter calls the Player Character "Proxy". A proxy is a stand-in for something or someone. So, the "chosen one" of a higher power, or maybe an avatar.

It makes sense as you're chosen by Hermaeus Mora in this story.
    "The tide of fate swirls around you with glorious fury and has chosen you to serve as its surrogate in a crisis most perilous."
    "Master of the tides of fate" is one of the names of Hermaeus Mora.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the way the letter calls the Player Character "Proxy". A proxy is a stand-in for something or someone. So, the "chosen one" of a higher power, or maybe an avatar. This reinforces Norianwe's suggestion in the new tutorial that the Player Character has been chosen. It's lore now.

I think this is far too in-your-face for role-players who like to follow the lore. It's pressuring players about how they define their own characters, reducing choice.

Daedric Princes typically don't act as their own agent in matters on Nirn. They act through proxies, surrogates, patsies, which often end up being some player's character.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And being called "mercenary" discarded the wishes of people who like to follow the actual lore of this game in being the main character chosen one for the last two years and probably even since the end of Summerset.
    Edited by TiaFrye on January 22, 2023 6:46PM
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with other's responses: In Skyrim, Mora called me his "champion". Nothing was further from the truth.

Referring to you as "proxy" reflects typical Daedric princely aspirations, not your response to them. Even Sheogorath recognises free will. After a fashion.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on January 22, 2023 8:47PM
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year people expected a new class (some said battlemages), and we got cards...so watch out.
  • Arbitrator
    Arbitrator
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the reveal has something to do with Spellcrafting... God knows the developers have no idea how to make all classes/roles fun and balanced. Maybe with spellcrafting we can at least "balance" what we like instead of being shoehorned into what they make broken...