The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Guild Vote, 2023

• fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    Amottica wrote: »
    Wanting them to vs desperately needed is not the same. It is not a need nor are we desperate for them.

Okay, I feel like I DESPERATELY NEED active abilities for the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. There.
    No, but seriously haha I don't know why you're arguing here. Some people would really like to see more abilities added to the current guild lines. There are multiple threads of people discussing this so clearly there is a demand for it. And I know I personally would take more selection of active abilities over proc sets (sets in general) any day so again.... agree to disagree about the whole "we don't need active abilities" spiel you're on because that is really just your opinion, and apparently not even the majorities so idk what you're on about with all this "we" stuff to begin with.
    Edited by fizzylu on January 20, 2023 5:44AM
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    Snamyap wrote: »
    I would like to see them all expanded. What I wonder though is why do they put a mage and fighter guild house in every main city of every chapter/dlc, and then do nothing with it. There are so many side quests in every zone, why not connect one or two to those guilds.

100%. All they do is pick up the quest and send them straight back to the base game zones for their alliance and start the questline, assuming you are a new player/start a new character in the current expansion.

I don't think it would be any more work considering how many quests they make to write a quest for Valaste, from the mages guild for example, in one of the new zones to make the mages guild make sense in that zone because it seems fairly redundant otherwise. Same could be said for Fighters Guild npcs, etc.

https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.

Tic Tacs Tormentor | Immortal Beemer | Gryphon Fart | Codslayer | Yawnbringer | Drainsbreaker
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    Wanting them to vs desperately needed is not the same. It is not a need nor are we desperate for them.

Okay, I feel like I DESPERATELY NEED active abilities for the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. There.
    No, but seriously haha I don't know why you're arguing here. Some people would really like to see more abilities added to the current guild lines. There are multiple threads of people discussing this so clearly there is a demand for it. And I know I personally would take more selection of active abilities over proc sets (sets in general) any day so again.... agree to disagree about the whole "we don't need active abilities" spiel you're on because that is really just your opinion, and apparently not even the majorities so idk what you're on about with all this "we" stuff to begin with.

I merely stated my opinion that I think the TG and DB skill lines do not need active abilities, that their skill lines make sense for the DLC story they are part of, and help beyond. I also fail to see how this is desperately needed as there is no way active skills are needed in those lines. But we are just noting our opinions on this matter; no one's opinion is better than another.

I will note that such a drastic change to probably any passives in these skill lines to add an active skill would likely mess up builds some players have for thriving and such. That would be a very negative aspect of such a change. It would probably be better to add a new skill line.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    I will note that such a drastic change to probably any passives in these skill lines to add an active skill would likely mess up builds some players have for thriving and such. That would be a very negative aspect of such a change. It would probably be better to add a new skill line.

Why would they have to change the passives? All the passive abilities in those skill lines have nothing to do with combat.... simply adding some combat active abilities on top of them would not influence what already exists in any way. Zenimax has broken and changed things more drastically before, but again; this isn't even one of those cases where that would apply since the current passives could just remain as is since they have nothing to do with active combat abilities.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would they have to change the passives? All the passive abilities in those skill lines have nothing to do with combat.... simply adding some combat active abilities on top of them would not influence what already exists in any way. Zenimax has broken and changed things more drastically before, but again; this isn't even one of those cases where that would apply since the current passives could just remain as is since they have nothing to do with active combat abilities.

It is an assumption based on my observation of how different "skills" are designed. I suppose if they make the added active part that made sense in relation to the passive and the guild, then it would make sense. For that, an actual justification other than "desperately needed"is a necessity if Zenimax is to even consider the idea, let alone design the new skills.

Regardless, it is more likely that any new skills will be added in a new skill line that is part of a new chapter or DLC.

Have fun, Good luck with your idea.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood

I merely stated my opinion that I think the TG and DB skill lines do not need active abilities, that their skill lines make sense for the DLC story they are part of, and help beyond. I also fail to see how this is desperately needed as there is no way active skills are needed in those lines. But we are just noting our opinions on this matter; no one's opinion is better than another.

So you’re stating “we” don’t need more active skills with the premise of a fear that new ones will destroy old passives?

There are ways to work around this, like extending the passives from 5, to 10, or doubling them up… they could even settle it by moving the non-combat ones to Legerdemain or throwing them into the Green tree as passives.

Dark Brotherhood could bring us a Blade of Woe that would be a single target, direct damage, Ultimate that has execution scaling and could still have a line of text stating it one shots basic NPCs, among many other debuffing abilities that could implement more sources of things like Cowardice and Vulnerability.

Thieves Guild could have an entire active skill line dedicated to escape, implementing stamina versions of popular skills like Shadowy Disguise from a smoke bomb, an extended dodge for a stamina version of streak with different sources of evasion and expedition granting minors that are generally hard to come by… etc. etc.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 20, 2023 7:44AM
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    It is an assumption based on my observation of how different "skills" are designed. I suppose if they make the added active part that made sense in relation to the passive and the guild, then it would make sense. For that, an actual justification other than "desperately needed"is a necessity if Zenimax is to even consider the idea, let alone design the new skills.

It's not my luck that influences the outcome of such an idea haha it is a very sensible way to expand upon the game and bring more content to parts of the game that many players enjoy.... so considering I've already been convinced Zenimax has poor judgment when it comes to this game and are constantly wasting it's potential, I'm sure they'll never do this haha which is sad for the game and it's players, but it is fun to at least discuss with some like-minded forum users.
    Have fun as well :)
    There are ways to work around this, like extending the passives from 5, to 10, or doubling them up… they could even settle it by moving the non-combat ones to Legerdemain or throwing them into the Green tree as passives.

I really think they could just leave the current passives alone. Even with the addition of active combat abilities, there doesn't necessarily have to be combat passives abilities too. Just adding 4 active abilities and 1 ultimate would be enough for me haha that way it wouldn't mess with the things that already exist, but still add some nice content themed around parts/lore of the game I and many people I know enjoy. It really is just such a waste the way they currently are.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    I just want more fighting skills for the dark brotherhood. Like assassination, but the nightblade got that covered, I think.
    Also more fighting skills for the thieves guild, like traps, snares, immobiizations and the types.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    I just want more fighting skills for the dark brotherhood. Like assassination, but the nightblade got that covered, I think.
    Also more fighting skills for the thieves guild, like traps, snares, immobiizations and the types.

That's the thing, other classes should have access to Dark Brotherhood-esque style abilities haha too many people love that lore too much for it to be "covered" by one single class. I know I love the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild, but I would never touch a nightblade (I have, didn't like it). I mean, seriously haha even in TES V players were able to unlock abilities through the Thieves Guild with the whole nightingale situation.... again, it's just such a waste that there's nothing like that in ESO.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you’re stating “we” don’t need more active skills with the premise of a fear that new ones will destroy old passives?

Dark Brotherhood could bring us a Blade of Woe that would be a single target, direct damage, Ultimate that has execution scaling and could still have a line of text stating it one shots basic NPCs, among many other debuffing abilities that could implement more sources of things like Cowardice and Vulnerability.

Thieves Guild could have an entire active skill line dedicated to escape, implementing stamina versions of popular skills like Shadowy Disguise from a smoke bomb, an extended dodge for a stamina version of streak with different sources of evasion and expedition granting minors that are generally hard to come by… etc. etc.

In part, yes, that is part of what I have said. I have also noted, yes, there is a way to do it. However, I have also noted what I see what I think is a better way to add new active skills.

You are free to disagree with my opinion on the matter just as I disagree with yours. No sweat on my brow.

• Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    I don’t see the value in doing thieves guild. I’ve been playing for several years and can’t bring myself to do it, as it just seems like a waste of time. Is it just about achievements or is the story really good?

The Main Story is really good. Even the side quests for the main guild members are fantastic.
    That was the time when, unlike now 😤, characters had more depth than a muddy pond.

Challenge: I bet you cant figure out what is going on until the big reveal. 😎
    read, think and write.In that order.