Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

beckoning armor rework concept...

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
instead of pulling enemies this ability now makes any corpses created last a lot longer,(i mean A LOT)summons one corpse on cast, and grants the minor armor buff... Also the effect of this morph is changed to be more subtle like but would also cover more areas instead of being this hulking mass of bones clinging to your back.. id like to provide a better description through art but sadly im not the most accomplished artist.... maybe ill find something on google : 3
Edited by Sparxlost on January 18, 2023 5:45AM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this another "I only pvp" fix?

BA as it is now works great for a lot of pve situations, and it already creates a corps on expire. If it created a corpse on cast, would that be in addition to the one on expire or replace it? What would dictate that it couldn't then just be spam-cast to creat multiple corpses?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about summoner armor gets reworked instead? I don’t see the point in it but I see the point of beckoning armor. I don’t understand why theres only beckoning armor rework threads.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    So is this another "I only pvp" fix?

BA as it is now works great for a lot of pve situations, and it already creates a corps on expire. If it created a corpse on cast, would that be in addition to the one on expire or replace it? What would dictate that it couldn't then just be spam-cast to creat multiple corpses?
    Soarora wrote: »
    How about summoner armor gets reworked instead? I don’t see the point in it but I see the point of beckoning armor. I don’t understand why theres only beckoning armor rework threads.

um no....

summoners armor reduces the cost of some skills and even further does so with expunge skill which is good for tanks as they need to sustain themselves.....

THIS reworked beckoning armor is a dps rework to make necromancer better in both pve AND pvp as they have less resistances but more corpses to play with which guarantees augmented abilities for increased damage or healing...

so maybe summoners could be buffed as well but that isnt the point..... i personally dislike the pull on beckoning armor because it is useless to me to be able to have some rando pulled towards me at random intervals... but thats just me...
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I already have plenty of corpses to play with. Why would you redo a skill that works perfectly and is the only class-specific pull for necro tanks? Oh, I see. Because of PVP.

If you don't want some rando pulled towards you, don't use a skill that pulls randos towards you.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of changing a skill that doesn't really need a change, how about we add one of the many things necro is lacking in their kit? Like either of the offensive buffs? Or an on demand stun (something that literally every other class has)? Or maybe a functional spammable, since skulls is laughably bad compared to the many other options from weapon skills/guild skills/world skills?
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro is one of the most useful and sought-after classes to have in trial groups. If anything they just need something added back for having empowering grasp wrecked.

I suppose summoner's armor could use a look, but it's not totally worthless. As a Necro you have several armor buff options you should be using situationally:

-Beckoning Armor when you need to chain stuff. Works great in fights like VRG for frogs. Have to use a diff. option on fights like vmol twins so you don't yoink your buddy's adds.

-Summoners armor - when you want to still get your armor buff, leave a corpse behind on recast, but not yoink things and not deal with the healing / shield debuff of Balance. I suppose this skill could use some love, but it still has a purpose. There are some fights when I don't want to yoink, and i'm relying on my own heals so the debuff of balance is sketchy. SA works great there, even if it's cost reduction for summons is lackluster.

-Balance - when you dont need to yoink, don't care about corpses and have enough heals and also need mag recovery

-heavy armor buff - only for immobile fights but an often overlooked option in those cases as both morphs can be good in niche situations.

With so many options please don't take away my yoink.

Also it should be noted that beckoning armor is rarely a substitute for slotting a Silver Leash. If you need to yoink often then you prob need to run both.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of changing a skill that doesn't really need a change, how about we add one of the many things necro is lacking in their kit? Like either of the offensive buffs? Or an on demand stun (something that literally every other class has)? Or maybe a functional spammable, since skulls is laughably bad compared to the many other options from weapon skills/guild skills/world skills?

because what you want is more difficult than what i am offering and accomplishes less for necromancer in the long run....

think of it this way... before you had a rarely useful and most definitely uncontrollable utility/armor skill... now you have a skill that actually provides you with a buff that other classes dont have.... which is what every class has and honestly one measly pull that doesnt even do damage isnt doing it for me as utility...

i thought scythe was pretty good at least that was what people were saying when i had asked for it to get buffed before....
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    I already have plenty of corpses to play with. Why would you redo a skill that works perfectly and is the only class-specific pull for necro tanks? Oh, I see. Because of PVP.

If you don't want some rando pulled towards you, don't use a skill that pulls randos towards you.

when i said randos, i was referring to any random person. NPC or not... this wasnt made with specifically pvp in mind and honestly im sick of people saying something that isnt true.... it is here to help necromancers as i honestly believe it would perform better than the way the current morph does...
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many necromancer skills already create corpses. The other morph makes some of those skills cost less, most of them in fact. Honestly, it seems the other morph already helps in this area while the beckoning armor morph provides the class its only, and its unique pull option. As a tank, being able to just taunt distant enemies and draw them in overtime, and stepping into an aoe to draw in enemies without even having to look at them offers something no other class has. Removing that for redundancy doesn't feel all that worth it.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Many necromancer skills already create corpses. The other morph makes some of those skills cost less, most of them in fact. Honestly, it seems the other morph already helps in this area while the beckoning armor morph provides the class its only, and its unique pull option. As a tank, being able to just taunt distant enemies and draw them in overtime, and stepping into an aoe to draw in enemies without even having to look at them offers something no other class has. Removing that for redundancy doesn't feel all that worth it.

unique as it is if it really is necessary it would belong elsewhere as it seems to be counter intuitive as a personal defense skill... i doubt uniqueness trumps usefulness as i dont want to run a myriad of different skills just to learn and time my corpse drops and instead would prefer something a little more reliable when i have need of tether or any other potentially corpse reliant skills....
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sparxlost wrote: »

because what you want is more difficult than what i am offering and accomplishes less for necromancer in the long run....

think of it this way... before you had a rarely useful and most definitely uncontrollable utility/armor skill... now you have a skill that actually provides you with a buff that other classes dont have.... which is what every class has and honestly one measly pull that doesnt even do damage isnt doing it for me as utility...

i thought scythe was pretty good at least that was what people were saying when i had asked for it to get buffed before....

Except "Rarely useful" is entirely false. Beckoning armor is an excellent defensive tool against ranged glass cannons in PvP. Other people in this thread have also stated how useful Beckoning is in PvE scenarios. What necro actually needs are the things it is lacking when compared to other classes.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 20, 2023 11:54PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a perfect tank skill though? Allowing a tank to passively control enemies positions in a fight while reducing the damage they take and generating corpses for their other skills. And from my time as a necromancer healer and dps in vet trials, corpse generation never really was an issue, especially since blast bones is used so often and many of the skills that consume corpses don't use them nearly fast enough to need any more beyond that one alone.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭

Except "Rarely useful" is entirely false. Beckoning armor is an excellent defensive tool against ranged glass cannons in PvP. Other people in this thread have also stated how useful Beckoning is in PvE scenarios. What necro actually needs are the things it is lacking when compared to other classes.

yes assuming it were a 1v1 scenario, but in group play there is no gaurantee that it would be them who is pulled thus making the skill useful only under certain conditions..... as a tank when your job is to take damage it would probably be better to pull enemies rather than to wait for them to pull themselves in this specific manner of speaking...

a beckoning armor change is not game-over for necro tanks...
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes assuming it were a 1v1 scenario, but in group play there is no gaurantee that it would be them who is pulled thus making the skill useful only under certain conditions..... as a tank when your job is to take damage it would probably be better to pull enemies rather than to wait for them to pull themselves in this specific manner of speaking...

a beckoning armor change is not game-over for necro tanks...

Even in group play, the skill was changed to proc every 2 global cooldowns. That's every other skill, which means even if three people are wailing on you, you have a high chance of interrupting each of their combos on CC cooldown. In fact, I'd argue it becomes more useful in 1vx scenarios as you are interrupting more attackers, negating more damage.

In PvE, the reduction of the cooldown to 2 seconds also means you aren't "waiting around" for very long. You can soft aggro a group of mobs, and use your globals on more important things while ranged trash is pulled to you.

Edit: Just want to clarify that i mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to trash on your idea at all, I just think that all things considered Necro's defensive/utility kit is fine as is, and where they really need help is their somewhat lackluster offensive kit.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 21, 2023 2:49AM