Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companion Equipment Prices

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I can't seem to find to figure out how to price companion equipment. Since they are not exactly titled it's difficult to narrow them down on TTC; I don't use the add-on because I can never figure it out. I get like for example a dagger that increases damage is worth more than a dagger that increases health. Basically, is there some kind of standard or system to quickly judge if a piece of companion equipment is worth selling or should just be sold to NPC merchant?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 20, 2023 6:05PM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do my price checks on the TTC website, they're called "Companion's xxx". For example, here's the search result for Companion's Jack in Aggressive trait:

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/SearchResult?ItemID=23467&ItemNamePattern=Companion's+Jack&ItemTraitID=26
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you plan to sell Companions gear
    first check check prices at Tamriel Trade Center (works only for PC NA and PC EU)
    greens even in good traits are rather cheap, but it is up to you to decide as this still may be better than selling to NPC
    blues in good traits are OK, purples in good traits are really expensive - you sell then via Trading Guild to other players
    Sells well:
    - medium Aggressive
    - light Soothing
    - heavy Bolstered
    - jewelry in three traits above plus Quickened
    - purples in bad traits may still sell to players if you are lucky
    PC EU
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is where to farm companion gears?

And is the gold ring for companion that you get in high isle a 1 off kind of gear, as in you can only get 1?
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jtm you just run with Companion wherever, except solo Arenas (but you can take Companion to normal Dragonstar, as this arena is soloable, and quite boring). Do bosses. Whatever bosses - public dungeons, 4-man if you solo (there are many easy ones), world bosses - these guys drop Companions gear rather well.

Golden Quickened ring is the unique event reward and it is bound. So, yes, you cannot buy another such rings.
    PC EU
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    I can't seem to find to figure out how to price companion equipment. Since they are not exactly titled it's difficult to narrow them down on TTC; I don't use the add-on because I can never figure it out. I get like for example a dagger that increases damage is worth more than a dagger that increases health. Basically, is there some kind of standard or system to quickly judge if a piece of companion equipment is worth selling or should just be sold to NPC merchant?

I've used TTC (the add-on) to price my companion gear and it's always sold, even the pieces worth millions. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting it to work. You could ask for a price check in your guild or even in zone and someone will usually pipe up with the price to chat.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Jtm you just run with Companion wherever, except solo Arenas (but you can take Companion to normal Dragonstar, as this arena is soloable, and quite boring). Do bosses. Whatever bosses - public dungeons, 4-man if you solo (there are many easy ones), world bosses - these guys drop Companions gear rather well.

Golden Quickened ring is the unique event reward and it is bound. So, yes, you cannot buy another such rings.
    Duo normal dragonstar is very effective, faster than solo and you get the 2 player buff, xp buffs like events and potion and scrolls works on companions.
    Dungeons give much less XP from kills than arenas.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    My question is where to farm companion gears?

And is the gold ring for companion that you get in high isle a 1 off kind of gear, as in you can only get 1?

companion gear can drop from any enemy loot (better chances on bosses), but you have to have a companion active in order to get the chance, no companion, no companion gear

if i solo a dungeon and kill all the bosses, i usually avg 1-2 companion gear drops per run for example

and yes the gold ring currently is a one off and the only gold companion item that we could get
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014