The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Buying Mages Guild Upgrade Max Mora's Whispers Effectiveness?

Caribou77
Caribou77
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty much the discussion title. Does anyone know if buying the Mages Guild upgrade for one of your characters also transfers the number of Shalidor's Library Books to that character, thereby maximizing the effectiveness of the Mora's Whispers mythic?

I'm level 8.5 Mages Guild on one of my toons, and would really like to use the mythic on a different toon, but there's no way I'm going to find all those books all over again...

Thanks for your help!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2023 7:02PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nope, afaik buying mages guild only unlocks the skill line.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Tannus15 said, unfortunately it does not, which has become the reason I refuse to buy Mage’s Guild on new characters, as that Mora’s Whispers might one day be meta and I don’t want to have to double back on my lore books after maxing out the skill lines.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you level the mages guild with the books, you should get about 75% of them by the time you max out the skill line so not too much to clean up

moras is definitely based on the lorebooks actually read as tracked by your shalidors library section of the lorebooks
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies/help. Sigh.

I really don't like hunting books, or leveling characters through quests to 50 at this point, as I'm mainly a PVP'er. Hmph.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is also an issue on the PTS, since you need to collect the whole library before you can test this item.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you may as well not buy the mages guild if you want anything besides the basic skills. It doesn't give you access to Eyeve either. Nothing but the skills.
    PS5/NA