Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many surveys do you let build up before doing them?

CallmeFishmeal
CallmeFishmeal
✭✭✭
I'm currently sitting on a about 40 of each and every survey in the game. Thinking it's about time.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 17, 2023 11:29AM
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been known to get up to over 150 before I do them, then complain about them not all picking up at the same time instead of going back to the same spot 10 times in a row and i need to do them as I get them but never do lol
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do them after writs everytime otherwise its just a problem piling up for me
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been working my way through mine recently, only got 2 zones left to do.
    I had 25+ of each type on each zone 🤪
    Edited by Hamish999 on January 17, 2023 8:39AM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only keep clothing and jewellery, and do them when I have 5 for that zone
    Soupy twist
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do them after writs everytime otherwise its just a problem piling up for me

Same, do writs on four characters and collect the survey's I get the same day.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say 3-5, then I might do others in the zone if easy to get to even if single.
    Some who is far from wayshrines often get get higher numbers.
    South east in Shadowfern, the alchemy one north in Malabal Tor.
    Who was funny as I did not know it was an location or an quest there before I got an survey there :smile:
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save them for when there is a weekly endeavor for collecting materials.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Between 10 and 20. As I'm sporadic with doing writs, it can take me weeks to get that many.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    I save them for when there is a weekly endeavor for collecting materials.

I do this, too
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    About five to ten of each kind. I end up sitting on more treasure maps than surveys because the numbers throw me off, I don't remember which map goes with which spot, and being on console its a minor nuisance to look them up.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no specific number, it's just when I feel like they're taking up too much space and I have time and feel like doing them, or when there's an endeavour for collecting materials.

I have 1 dedicated crafting character so he holds all of them, and the master writs and when he starts running short on inventory space it's usually because of one or the other, so then when I have time I'll clear them out.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I ever have more than 5 on a given character. I pick them up either when I'm in the area, when I wait for something (like guildies to gather for an activity) and have time to kill, or when it's an endeavour (gather 8 such&such, that's 6 done, and probably the remaining 2 on my way there).
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally what accumulates between Free ESO+ Trial events, which hopefully Zenimax hosts two or three times a year.
    4 months rough average is like 10..12 of each survey (with serious deviations) if you craft top tier daily on 18 characters.
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do them immediately now (or at least within 2-3 days, if I don't have time to do them instantly) not to clutter my inventory anymore. Before that, they sometimes stacked for a few weeks and I had about 3-7 each. I always found running back and forth at one spot for the respawn annoying and dead boring.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently without eso+, so I'm doing none of them. Sometimes I just destroy the inconvenient ones, especially if there's only one. When Craglorn and Wrothgar were the only ones to go to, it was done daily. I was also less rich in materials then, so the need was more immediate. The only ones I have any real desire to get are the jewelry ones, and I'm even starting to get enough cushion on those supplies as well.

I've stopped doing daily crafting writs both because I have enough reserves to weather a bunch of gear changes and I'm tired of it. Part of the return on your writs is surveys, and if you skip them your supplies have no income. So I'm breaking the cycle and wasting less time in game doing chores.

I really, really wish I could sell them or consolidate them like Aetherial Ambrosia uses up your Psijiic recipe.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily and exact survey amount. But, what I usually do is store purple clothing and all jewelry I want to decon in my bank, along with surveys and treasure maps. I decon those items whenever my bank gets over 400 slots used. Once my bank is over 400 slots used even after deconning the purple stuff, I then do my surveys and maps.

Without those things in my bank, I usually sit around 240-250 full in my bank. So 150+ slots of surveys and maps before I do them all. Usually every 3 months or so. And often while I am queuing for BGs or dungeons.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot. Like a lot. An entire chest at my house plus some bank space.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of them
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to do the handful I get every day. Once in a while it will get to two or three days but I tend to avoid that. It only takes a few minutes and prevents a build-up of duplicate survey sites, which seems to be a very strong annoyance to all those that have them. I don't blame them. So I choose to do them on the daily.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hold khajiit's skooma. (That number is 7847)

surveys-1-18-23.png?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one has done perhaps 1/3 of the surveys he has ever received.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On all my various accounts and platforms (PC NA, PC EU, XBox NA), close to 10k.

#StackingSurveys4Science Largest stack currently: 149.

I'll do them when
    1. There's an endeavor for harvesting nodes from the world or collect survey report
    2. The market price of mats is over the gold reward of crafting writs
    3. I'm going to turn off my ESO+ for a while and I want to fill the craft bag.
    4. I run low on mats for crafting writs and I can't find any on my guild traders or the local traders in my crafting area. If I have to leave the area to get more, I might as well collect surveys for free.
    5. I've done my writs and waiting in a queue.

If you use LazyWritCrafter, you can use the command /countsurveys to tell you how many surveys of each profession you have in your inventory and your bank.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let them accumulate on my dedicated harvester. You kinda need one if you aren't ESO+.
    Only once I get close to running out, I will collect all surveys of that type. And only that type.
    This has proven to he the least amount of bother and the most time efficient way.
    read, think and write.In that order.