Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Surveys

Galadius
Galadius
✭✭✭
I feel like if I stack up a bunch of surveys in the same spot, I should be able to loot all 12 Woodworker Surverys worth of goods in one go, instead of the ole Run, Forrest, Run! - WAIT COME BACK! 12 times.
You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, wait, Forrest didn't run far enough away. DO IT AGAIN! FARTHER NOW!
    You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you expect it to work? More nodes, or more in each one? The first option could get really silly if you save up hundreds, and the second would get a lot of complaints when one node has a lot less than another, as RNG will do from time to time.

You can log out and back in instead of running away, but the nodes need the chance to respawn somehow.

And some people would want their hirelings to go fetch for them, anyway.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galadius wrote: »
    Oh, wait, Forrest didn't run far enough away. DO IT AGAIN! FARTHER NOW!
    You can use the distance between Geirmund's Hall Wayshrine and the Eastmarch's enchantment survey location as a benchmark of the distance required to travel to respawn surveys.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Provided that the loot table and drop rates don't change I wouldn't see an issue. But the reason why the nodes are the way they are is to prevent exploits. So not sure how that would work.

The only solution I can think of that would work is to make them tradeable so you can offload them to players that want to do them.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys used to be unique and only in specific zones for that tier of writs (which is why Coldharbour, Craglorn, and Wrothgar have multiples in them). They did not stack. Getting another matching survey would prevent you from fully opening the reward box you get from doing them.

They were always designed to be done right after that day's writs.

They acquiesced and allowed them to stack (by removing the 'unique' tag), along with changing them with 1-Tamriel and leveling them to the character/crafting level of the specific character so the pool got significantly larger.

The 'problem' of resetting surveys and having massive stacks of them is entirely player-driven and a result of specific actions.

P.S. I say this as somebody who does stack up their surveys on a mule character. My minimum threshold for clearing a stack of surveys is at least 10 in one location (and I have some stacks of 60+ for enchanting nodes). For many survey types, collecting them is among the most efficient use of game-time to gold value when collecting multiple surveys at a location, even with the time spent resetting.

I really, really struggle with the idea of them taking what is already one of the most efficient gold-making processes in the game, even more effective.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points