The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thank you to ZOS for PVE combat changes and Happy New Year

Kalterran
Kalterran
✭✭
I thought it was important to say thank you so much to ZOS for running the game and for how much more accessible the combat has been made recently for guilds to get onto PVE veteran content.

I have been able to help teach a new group of players from my guild get into veteran content that would not have been able to get into this level of play without the recent combat changes. For players with significant lag due to living in rural Australia, or people with older computers, or people living in cheap student accommodation with unreliable internet who simply cannot do advanced light attack rotations as a skill may or may not fire when they press the button, and bar swaps needing a couple of seconds to confirm if they have worked or not, the changes to empower and heavy attack sets have revolutionised how they can play.

Learning advanced mechanics, knowing when to push damage and when to hold back, knowing what skills to use in particular circumstances, learning how to stack, working well as a team, are all still required for veteran trials in a way that is a level beyond normal trials and dungeons, and it is really good to see people with a little lag being able to use builds that allow them to achieve veteran content through hard work and learning the mechanics, and not being hindered simply due to button activation speed.

The game is in a really good place at the moment for people like this. Light attack builds are still far ahead, and veteran hard mode trials are still very much the province of perfect Light Attack rotations, but ZOS really has achieved the stated concept of bringing damage to a more reasonable difference, with the best LA builds reaching about 120-130k DPS on a target dummy, and the best Heavy Attack builds reaching about 80-90k DPS.

So, @ZOS_Kevin and @ZOS_GinaBruno : Thank you for the game, Happy New Year, and thank you for helping more people get into veteran content and taking the leap of experiencing such a rewarding teamwork part of the game this year!
Edited by Kalterran on December 31, 2022 10:41PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 sec dots made me love esos combat a lot more.

I can finaly relax a bit during rotations
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!