Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden in Vateshran Hollows...(Solved) :)

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
i'm having such a hard time and need some direction please. Bare with me, i'm not a super experienced player (only been playing almost a year), and have been struggling with things.

i've just started VH, normal. Managed to get to the last boss, however, it's not that he's killing me per se, unless you count with boredom. i seem to only be able to get him down to like 79% or so, but then no matter what i do, his life doesn't seem to drop anymore.

i play a warden, try to play a one bar type, but at this point i'm willing to try whatever that is semi idiot proof.

All i'm really after is the black dye.
Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on January 14, 2023 2:33AM
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legate black dye is way better. Go for that instead.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »

can't. pvp kills my soul.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you tab targeting to the boss to make sure that you're hitting the boss, and not just the adds around the boss? There isn't a gold bar mechanic on that fight, so there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to continue damaging the boss.
    ErMurazor wrote: »

I could teach a brand new player how to build a character and beat VH with a sub CP character in less time than it would take to get Legate Black for the majority of ESO players!

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Tab targeting.

CGP, i took another look at the mechanics, turns out i wasnt aware of the colors he turns in relation to the platforms and being immune to attacks on the corresponding ones.

With that tidbit fixed, i just killed him. :D

That being said, i'd love to hear any thoughts on a one bar magicka warden build for me lol i've been enjoying frost, but have looked over so many guides and crap i'm kinda a little confused and very lost.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to your last question, lightning staff heavy attack 1-bar build does well on a warden, similar to a sorc. Sergeant's Mail chest, jewelry, weapon, Noble Duelist (solo) or Storm Master (grouped with Pen source) for the other set, and 1 pc slimecraw or other...

then Deep Fissure (that morph for the Breach), Winter's Revenge, Unstable Wall, Arctic Blast, and Mystic Orb. With the right CP, you do great AOE damage while also having a high health regen/heal rate and good mobility.

i originally put that together for Arenas, but use it for pretty much everything, with only slight CP tweaks. I only bother to go back to frost staves when i need a brittle-den for a trial.

• merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick, easy, greasy one-bar warden build coming up for you.

Go grab the Blood Drinker set from Bloodroot Forge, and the Pillars of Nirn set from Falkreath Hold. Then go grab the Sea Serpent's Coil, or alternatively you can grab the Ring of the Pale Order if you're still struggling. Then one piece Slimecraw for either your shoulder or helmet. You'll want dual daggers, and if you can transmute them, I recommend one as Nirnhoned and one as Charged. All armor is Stamina, and you'll want blue food for stamina and weapon power potions for sustain and major buffs.

Your bar is simple;
    Bloodthirst, Deep Fissure, Either Growing Swarm or Fletcher Infection depending on your sustain, Bird of Prey, and Barbed Trap. Your ulti is just stam bear.

This is a single target setup, and you can feel free to use the backbar for trash mobs. I recommend 2h, and just go with Cleave and Stampede on your back bar, along with Deep Fissure, Bird of Prey, and Barbed Trap as well as stam bear. Just swap to this bar to clear trash mobs.

Rotation is simple, use potion on cooldown, and light attack weave with Bloodthirst, keeping all your other skills up on cooldown, and popping the bear attack whenever it's ready.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the Vatesh gear you need on a Sorc. You can streak through that stupid wall of doom that closes in on you. 10 times easier, at least.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    You can streak through that stupid wall of doom that closes in on you. 10 times easier, at least.

This is how I managed to finally do it on vet.
    Edited by N3CR01 on January 14, 2023 1:54PM