Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is There an Add-On to Hide Floating Pet Markers?

Darkstorne
Darkstorne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Let's say I toggle the UI off to take a screenshot of my Warden with his bestest teddy bear pal. The game thinks I don't want to hide the pet marker too, so it will be helpful and keep that part of the UI permanently visible for me. But I'm a bit of a rebel, an occasional radical thinker, and I'm definitely on too much moon sugar, so I got this wild thought that maybe... just MAYBE... screenshots might look a little better without that floating marker above my bear's beautiful behind.

Any chance an add-on exists for this? Or maybe even that ZOS already created a toggle for this marker in the UI options? I struggle to think of many players spinning their camera around without these floating markers thinking "Now WHERE on Nirn did my winged twilight go!? I just can't possibly locate these things without floating markers!"

52594133352_2336676e66_o.jpg
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear Diary: Camped out on this gods-forsaken hill all night. Teddy's still suffering from this strange case of floating-arse-marker. Caught him running around in circles trying to catch it last night while he thought I was sleeping. At least that confirms it's not just me seeing things. Was beginning to think I'd picked up a bad batch of moon sugar in Leyawiin last week. Maybe he contracted the marker from these festering swamps? Must see an alchemist about it next time we're in town...

52596479043_aa2714b8c9_o.jpg
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear Diary: Made it back to Leyawiin this afternoon. Stopped in at an alchemist to ask about Teddy's floating-arse-marker but she gave me the damnedest response: "Oh that's not a bug, it's a feature!" Imperials... don't know their Brain Rot from their Witbane, and this alchemist is clearly suffering from both. So I thought I'd take Teddy to the cathedral instead, and I know I've never been the pious sort but sometimes you got to stoop to these things. Or at least, I would have, but apparently these hallowed grounds are too precious and they don't want Teddy wandering about inside knocking all the pews over, so we got turned right back around. Honestly, I think they saw a Khajiit, thought about all the silverware and septims they got in their donation boxes, and Teddy was a good excuse.

Well, to hells with these marshes anyway. Elsweyr is right across the border and maybe the warmer weather is all my best bear needs to get over this disease. I hear the moon sugar is better over there anyway. Always did intend to travel to the land of my ancestors one of these days...

52598442138_3209cdd7c2_o.png
    52598349850_8f7652a799_o.png
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear Diary: It was a long trek over the hills, but we finally made it into Elsweyr. How my paws missed dry ground! Teddy isn't taking to the warmer weather. Started roaring at everything. Offered him some moon sugar I picked up in Rimmen but he roared at that too. I suppose I'd also be a grump if I had a permanent arse-marker.

52600834963_ee3c33190d_o.jpg
    52600574679_e445f83664_o.jpg
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news, I researched it and found 2 textures related to icons above pets/group members:

/esoui/art/nameplates/namplateandicons.dds
    texture1.png

/esoui/art/nameplate/ui-nameplate_plus_icons.dds
    texture2.png

I tried to disable them by using RedirectTexture API function but it didn't work so there are 2 options:
    * ZOS disallows modifying those textures
    * There is yet another nameplate texture hidden somewhere that I didn't find
    Edited by perfiction on January 1, 2023 7:10PM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for looking!

The closest thing I found was this add-on: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info820-UltimateUIHider.html#info

pvw2528.jpg

It hides pet markers, as well as a bunch of other things that don't get hidden by the default UI toggle (like quest markers, floating health bars, enemy highlights etc), but it hasn't been updated since 2018 and judging by the comments has quite a few issues with it now. Also, I quite like that floating health bars aren't hidden by the default UI toggle because it means the game is still really playable. It's more of a minimal UI toggle I suppose :smile:
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    I use screenshot helper -addon. It removes everything when you turn UI off.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    I use screenshot helper -addon. It removes everything when you turn UI off.
    Wait... does this mean my problem is solved?

BUT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THESE SCREENSHOTS NOW!?

52601224154_154a95589e_o.jpg
    52600964271_036cd51e4a_o.jpg
    52600962446_6a8f307ae1_o.jpg

I guess the floating-arse-marker story must come to a close. Many thanks @Balastar :smile:

And if anyone can figure out an addon that hides JUST the pet markers, please @ me to let me know. I really do like how elements like quest markers and floating health bars stay visible with the game's default "hide UI" option. It keeps the game playable with a minimum HUD.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Does this setting do anything?
    kh711qb8yeb5.png
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    Does this setting do anything?
    kh711qb8yeb5.png

YAAAAAAY! It was that simple! Thank you so much :heart:
    52602390540_2140ef540a_o.jpg
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Let's say I toggle the UI off to take a screenshot of my Warden with his bestest teddy bear pal. The game thinks I don't want to hide the pet marker too, so it will be helpful and keep that part of the UI permanently visible for me. But I'm a bit of a rebel, an occasional radical thinker, and I'm definitely on too much moon sugar, so I got this wild thought that maybe... just MAYBE... screenshots might look a little better without that floating marker above my bear's beautiful behind.

Any chance an add-on exists for this? Or maybe even that ZOS already created a toggle for this marker in the UI options? I struggle to think of many players spinning their camera around without these floating markers thinking "Now WHERE on Nirn did my winged twilight go!? I just can't possibly locate these things without floating markers!"

52594133352_2336676e66_o.jpg

It's in the settings of the Ultimate Immersion Settings and Addons
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons