The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why is it so hard to find clothes nodes?

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I’m running around the map and can only find like 2 of 3 clothes node plants. I ran for like 30 minutes.

I tried with a maps, but it doesn’t seems to match where I find my ressources. I need bast and it seems impossible to get that. I searched through guild store and everything.
Edited by Nic727 on December 20, 2022 3:18AM

Best Answer

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m running around the map and can only find like 2 of 3 clothes node plants. I ran for like 30 minutes.

I tried with a maps, but it doesn’t seems to match where I find my ressources. I need bast and it seems impossible to get that. I searched through guild store and everything.
    I gave up my New Life charity writ simply because I had no bast in my inventory, and it's very, very time-consuming to get some, so fulfilling the writ became a long, boring grind.
    They should multiply by 5 the number of nodes you can find and multiply by 2 the chance to get special material during an event like that.

I ran across the entire starting area and only found 1 clothing nodes, 5 woods and 3 mining.
    These event writs are probably a lot easier for long-term crafters, because they've passed the leveling up stage, and have accumulated plenty of the higher level materials. I'm still leveling up my crafting skills, and every time one of them reaches the next level, the next writ requires materials of which I have little or nothing in my inventory. But I guess that's part of the leveling up, I guess. At least I'll be able to say I worked for my master crafter achievement! :)
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 24, 2022 4:15AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Answer ✓
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to one of the newbie zones, Betinick is best.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General tips: the Keen Eye passive makes them stay out more. As mentioned, the Starter Zones of Betnitkh, Stros M'kai, Bleakrock, and Bal Foyen pack a full zone's worth of nodes into a much smaller area making for fast harvest. If you choose Bal Foyen, note that IME, the clothing nodes are more concentrated inside the Fort Zeren area.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I gave up my New Life charity writ simply because I had no bast in my inventory, and it's very, very time-consuming to get some, so fulfilling the writ became a long, boring grind.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

They should multiply by 5 the number of nodes you can find and multiply by 2 the chance to get special material during an event like that.

I ran across the entire starting area and only found 1 clothing nodes, 5 woods and 3 mining.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I'm quite embarrassed to admit: I only yesterday, after over 2.5 years playing ESO, noticed the auto-loot and auto move to craft bag settings. Since I started crafting for the first time a week ago, I've been foraging the hard way: E to select a material, R to move everything it contains to my main inventory, I to show the inventory, right-click + 'Stow' to stow it in my craft bag, then finally E to confirm that. Whew! <<wipes sweat from brow>> :)
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it is a matter of daytime (and zone - starter zones are probably best).
    In general, I don't think there is a shortage of nodes.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starter zones might be feasible for PC. Bots are rampant on console. I usually go to grassy areas like northern bangkorai or lower wrothgar.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starter zones might be feasible for PC. Bots are rampant on console. I usually go to grassy areas like northern bangkorai or lower wrothgar.

They are blight, but mostly they are after jewelry mats and leave everything else alone. That said I don't think for clothing nodes they are much better than any other zone except the trash mobs are so easy to get rid of.

When I need some particular resource I usually will map out a route with the nodes I'm interested in and just cruise it over time.
    PS5/NA
  • Shlomo666
    Shlomo666
    Soul Shriven
    I gave up my New Life charity writ
    The new life charity writs are usually too expensive for what they give you back.
    Even if you have the materials you would be better off selling them in a guild store (at least on PC).

• MacLayden
    MacLayden
    Have more clothing maths then any other, Could be a bit of luck finding nodes. Do most of my harvesing in NE.
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    If you have done summerset quests and have access to Artaeum its good place to farm nodes small island no enemy's except delve and quick re-spawn of nodes plus a bonus its beutifull
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helps a lot when one wears Adept Rider set that grants a max speed with medium armor even for low lvl character.
    On PC upload an addon which shows all available node locations nearby on a minimap.
    Guess it's a HarvestMap addon by Shinni. Minimap comes from AUI - Advanced UI addon by Sensi.
    Can't miss anything.

Mlq5.png

And btw my perfect zone for quick harvesting all resources is Bal Foyen, second is Bleakrock Isle.
    Just not on a peak time, to avoid competition.
    Edited by Gargath on January 6, 2023 8:16PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Helps a lot when one wears Adept Rider set that grants a max speed with medium armor even for low lvl character.
    On PC upload an addon which shows all available node locations nearby on a minimap.
    Guess it's a HarvestMap addon by Shinni. Minimap comes from AUI - Advanced UI addon by Sensi.
    Can't miss anything.

Mlq5.png

And btw my perfect zone for quick harvesting all resources is Bal Foyen, second is Bleakrock Isle.
    Just not on a peak time, to avoid competition.

If I could have just one add-on on console, it would be that one. I have to use the map I have formed in my head from years of farming a zone instead.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before I started using keen eye for finding materials, I turned the grass off in the video settings. Clothing nodes and some alchemical nodes are sometines in a patch of grass and turning the grass off make those nodes easier to see.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--