The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Critical Charge vs Focus Charge?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hiya!

Wondering which one is good for a Stamplar.

Critical Charge cost stam and does DOT
Focus Charge does AOE damage, cost magicka plus gives the stun (which will let me HA)

Suggestions on what to do and how one uses their choice?

Tankz,

Z

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are running 2H I would Critical Charge. If you run DW run toppling charge.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on December 20, 2022 2:37PM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focused Charge (Toppling Charge specifically) has good synergy with particular sets, e.g. Stuhn's Favor. And that complements Stamplar's ability to create a lot of pressure with Power of the Light and Radiant Destruction.
    If you are running 2H I would Critical Charge. If you run DW run toppling charge.

DW does give better class skill tooltips, but I love the on-kill passive for 2H for Stamina sustain.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't run either of those abilities on a stamplar unless you are running rush of agony
    Beam, jabs, htd, camo hunter, javelin
    Race against time, ele sus, vigor, living dark, rune
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't run either of those abilities on a stamplar unless you are running rush of agony

Cool! so no gap closer for you @gariondavey
    what are your running for weaons - staff and bow?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Cool! so no gap closer for you @gariondavey
    what are your running for weaons - staff and bow?

Dw + ice
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden