Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frostbite set. I’ve changed my opinion.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frostbite - Mothers Sorrow - Monster helm / Mythic

Frostbite - Relequin - Monster helm / Mythic

These both work very well on my mag warden I actually prefer the first in almost any piece of content

Another set everyone seems to be asleep on is pestilent host
    Edited by acw37162 on January 31, 2022 5:13PM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Frostbite - Mothers Sorrow - Monster helm / Mythic

Frostbite - Relequin - Monster helm / Mythic

These both work very well on my mag warden I actually prefer the first in almost any piece of content

Another set everyone seems to be asleep on is pestilent host

Or Witch-Knight set. Also very good.
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    the way frostbite works rn it's still beaten by other sets but not by much. if/when we get more frost damage skills like we've been asking for for years, it'll be able to overtake them when you build specifically for frost damage. when you build a frost damage build you only use 2-3 frost damage skills at the moment because of the few frost damage options we have, they're mostly terrible compared with any other real options. we also would like to have more than 1 frost damage monster helmet. That being said. It's not unusable. Just outclassed.

Yes - absolutely right "like we've been asking for years"

What is ZOS policy on frost damage? to slowly drip feed it to us over a decade? Where is the imagination from the devs??

Many things have been suggested over the years on how to solve the unsolved issue, for example why can't all monster sets change their elemental damage based on the staff you are using, like elemental rage does? ooh we have one called Iceheart - big deal....Why can't the Maw set summon a frost breathing Daedroth or Grothdarr trigger a circle of frost? anything ANYTHING????

What are these people messing around at? There's so little choice and its just absolutely poor

Another example would be for all pets to assume that damage type also like the deep fissure pet or cliff racer, to replace "magic damage" nonsense with frost damage, or give us a check box so we can choose our damage type or revert to it original type

The frostbite set was originally given a lukewarm response as really it didnt give anymore damage over using anything else, what its the point of it therefore? may as well use the done to death mothers sorrow, spinners, necropotence builds which still do more damage to frost dps anyway

The community has been asking for this for years - so what is the problem?
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One set you could look into is Ice Furnace from Direfrost Keep. Every time you deal frost damage, you deal additional flame damage. Running this with a lot of frost DoTs will quickly add up.

Probably not completely meta, but definitely worth looking into. It's main downside is that it's a heavy set iirc so would likely have to run it on jewelry + weapons (and maybe 1 armor on chest if you run front/back bar set ups with a jewelry mythic).
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    One set you could look into is Ice Furnace from Direfrost Keep. Every time you deal frost damage, you deal additional flame damage. Running this with a lot of frost DoTs will quickly add up.

Probably not completely meta, but definitely worth looking into. It's main downside is that it's a heavy set iirc so would likely have to run it on jewelry + weapons (and maybe 1 armor on chest if you run front/back bar set ups with a jewelry mythic).

yes it's heavy so if want it for dps u can only use it jwl wep.

also it has a 1 sec cd, so doesn't matter if u have one or ten dots.

and its damage is fairly weak since there's better options
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

yes it's heavy so if want it for dps u can only use it jwl wep.

also it has a 1 sec cd, so doesn't matter if u have one or ten dots.

and its damage is fairly weak since there's better options

Yeah it's not good unfortunately. Frost sets that are alright are frostbite if you don't want to do any weird conditions to proc the effect, perf whorl and iceheart if you struggle with survivability. Everything else has been tested and is bad. Unfortunately, ice furnace, Icy conjuror, hrothgar's chill, ysgramor's birthright and nunatak aren't worth your time.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the point made above about having a meet with minor slayer. 5% buff isn’t something to turn down
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    festegios wrote: »
    I agree with the point made above about having a meet with minor slayer. 5% buff isn’t something to turn down

yep, you're required to run at least 1 set in pve which does kinda feel bad, but at the same time, it makes trial sets really valuable so i kinda don't hate them. though, we really just need more sets focused on filling niches and maybe even class specific sets. no more of these sets like back alley gourmand enough is enough with the generic condition for good payoff sets, classes should be using niche sets that apply to what those classes can do uniquely from others. that's currently not the case.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX