The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vDSR Twins HM Brand Bug

AlekWithK
AlekWithK
✭✭✭
Are devs aware of the Frostbrand/Firebrand bug in vDSR's Lylanar and Turlassil Hardmode fight, and is there a fix coming for it? The brands currently deal significantly more damage than they did pre-U35 and often kill players who are properly stacked. It seems that previously the projectiles the brands fired did not effect the players with brands, keeping them safe, but now players are able to be hit by their own projectile or their stack partners and often die. I doubt this is intended as it often kills players otherwise playing the mechanic correctly. The only current workarounds are to roll dodge out of your stack at the last moment, or to shield with ward master CP for the 10% damage mitigation. Neither of these are 100% guaranteed either.

It's frustrating playing this fight knowing that you're just going to have to spend a portion of it resurrecting people who are playing the mechanic exactly as intended.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 5, 2022 7:31PM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlekWithK wrote: »
    Are devs aware of the Frostbrand/Firebrand bug in vDSR's Lylanar and Turlassil Hardmode fight, and is there a fix coming for it? The brands currently deal significantly more damage than they did pre-U35 and often kill players who are properly stacked. It seems that previously the projectiles the brands fired did not effect the players with brands, keeping them safe, but now players are able to be hit by their own projectile or their stack partners and often die. I doubt this is intended as it often kills players otherwise playing the mechanic correctly. The only current workarounds are to roll dodge out of your stack at the last moment, or to shield with ward master CP for the 10% damage mitigation. Neither of these are 100% guaranteed either.

It's frustrating playing this fight knowing that you're just going to have to spend a portion of it resurrecting people who are playing the mechanic exactly as intended.

I havent noticed any issues with it.. if you push the right button and stack the bubble on the right boss everything smooth as butter!
    Options
  • AlekWithK
    AlekWithK
    ✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    I havent noticed any issues with it.. if you push the right button and stack the bubble on the right boss everything smooth as butter!

It's not an issue with the bubble, its a bug with the brand mechanic in HM. RealLoveBVB posted a more detailed link bout it above ^^

Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They dang well better be, because every single time I die to this bug I send in a /bug report.

I see it is conspicuously left out of the patch notes this morning however....
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

Since there is already a thread discussing the Lylanar and Turlassil bug, we are going to go ahead and close this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope you will continue the discussion here.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.