The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon to save mail ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there any addon allowing me to save mails to external files ? I have one I'd like to save for sentimental reasons. I noticed 2 on the net: Postmaster (last updated 1 year ago, but currently awaiting a new owner) and MailR (last updated 3.5 years ago). I'm not sure of the exact functionality of these 2, though, I haven't installed either because of their age.
Edited by vsrs_au on December 1, 2022 9:06AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General answer: The age or any "outdated" tag does not say if they work or not! Just ignore that and read the addon comments first at www.esoui.com e.g. If addons do not work you can read that by 90% chance there directly!

Else: You need to simply install and tests that.

Postmaster just works fine for me, since ages.
    If they say they can save the mails, try it.

I cannot say if MailR still works with the mail saving but just try it.
    All they can do is save that to you SavedVariables files (read here what that is and wher to find them for your addon in question: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9235 )
    and you need to backup that SavedVariables file then or openit with a text editor and copy the text.

But before you do that complicated workaround: Why not simply saving a screenshot then or copy the text from the mail to a notepad txt file?
    Less effort, same result in the end.

I think MailR (in the past years ago) showed you an own UI ingame for saved mails, so that would be a benefit if it's still available and working.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    General answer: The age or any "outdated" tag does not say if they work or not! Just ignore that and read the addon comments first at www.esoui.com e.g. If addons do not work you can read that by 90% chance there directly!

Else: You need to simply install and tests that.

Postmaster just works fine for me, since ages.
    If they say they can save the mails, try it.

I cannot say if MailR still works with the mail saving but just try it.
    All they can do is save that to you SavedVariables files (read here what that is and wher to find them for your addon in question: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9235 )
    and you need to backup that SavedVariables file then or openit with a text editor and copy the text.

But before you do that complicated workaround: Why not simply saving a screenshot then or copy the text from the mail to a notepad txt file?
    Less effort, same result in the end.

I think MailR (in the past years ago) showed you an own UI ingame for saved mails, so that would be a benefit if it's still available and working.
    OK, if they're the only 2 options I'll try them. I briefly looked at saving the text of the mails, but there didn't seem to be any way to copy the text, i.e. I couldn't select the text to copy it to my PC's clipboard. I'll try it again later today.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click into email text, press CTRL+A to select all then CTRL+C to copy to clipboard like in every windows program and then CTRL+V in your text editor to paste it.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Click into email text, press CTRL+A to select all then CTRL+C to copy to clipboard like in every windows program and then CTRL+V in your text editor to paste it.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't work. For now, I just screendumped it (twice, because not all of this particular mail is visible without scrolling). The one I wanted to save, by the way, is a system mail, not a user mail, if that makes any difference.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or siri's other addon which should be able to copy all kind of ESO UI text to a text file:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info553-Chat2Clipboard.html