The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store Log in issues

Silent_Josh
Silent_Josh
Soul Shriven
Can't buy crowns because it is asking for browser identification, when I enter the password it wants to EMAIL me a browser confirmation verification link which I have not received. Click the button for resend and tada... nothing.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 22, 2022 7:03PM
  • Silent_Josh
    Silent_Josh
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, 38 minutes later I finally got the email
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can’t log in to store to buy new content. Mysterious email with code never arrives
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in to any of my account pages for any of my accounts.
    I get the "new device" message and says it successfully sent a code but the code never arrives. Not for any of them (I have multiple accounts, none will work).
    Logging into the actual game is fine though.

On the upside for me, it's dragged on for a couple of hours doing this and I've talked myself out of buying crowns, not going to bother now. Can live without Markarth for the accounts that don't have it :)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Dealing with the same issue. I am NOT getting the confirmation emails. Would be much better if we could use phone text verification. Have been waiting over an hour to get the code, and all I am trying to do is buy crowns.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Still got no codes despite repeated tries. I put in a ticket and of COURSE they didn't read the ticket properly. I can log into the GAME. I CANNOT log into my account on the Web to buy crowns, etc because I keep getting "login from new device" (nope, same computer, never got that prompt before a few days ago) and I NEVER get the confirmation email. If someone can please escalate this that would be great. I want to buy crowns before the event is over....
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with my BANK everytime i try to log in i need to go through this call/text verification crap. Its agitating enough for me to pull everything n go back to cash! Aparently they insist upon this great feature
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did finally get the emails to log into accounts.
    However, I tried again today and AGAIN got the message its from an unknown IP which is ridiculous.
    Sometimes I get a code almost right away, sometimes never.
    As a result, the accounts I am managing to log into I'm cancelling the subscription, just in case I can't get back into them when I need to.
    Something is wrong, your system isn't recognizing IPs or sending codes or something, no idea what is the problem.

Update : One account I simply cannot get a code for so I can access it. I've tested the email and it's working fine. This account is scheduled to renew its sub in 3 days and I want to cancel it. This is ridiculous.
    Edited by Alastrine on November 19, 2022 3:39PM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    STUPID THING!
    I STILL can't get a code for one of my accounts!
    I can't submit a ticket because it wants the game consultant file and THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!!!

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A SUPPORT OPTION FOR LOGGING INTO ACCOUNT ISSUES???????????
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    STUPID THING!
    I STILL can't get a code for one of my accounts!
    I can't submit a ticket because it wants the game consultant file and THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!!!

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A SUPPORT OPTION FOR LOGGING INTO ACCOUNT ISSUES???????????

Agreed, they want me to switch my associated email because they still think the problem is on my side. IT IS NOT. Got a confirmation email at 5 AM last night, logged in with "remember me" and it WON'T. [snip] This is [snip], PLEASE FIX. EDIT they are SO not trying it's obvious. Do they want me to buy crowns or not? I want to get the items from the Impressario and the only way I can get them is if I buy crowns due to my schedule. It's intellectually offensive to have to have a week of back and forth with help desk staff who obviously didn't bother to read the original post, and who are doing everything to blame the end user. News flash: Either A) Fix the login confirmation email issue or B ) let people change to either a text message or authenticator confirmation. All that is happening right now is that people who are trying to give you money are getting pissed off AND missing out on items during the event. Please fix already, properly, and get rid of the copypasta canned useless help desk replies.

[edited for bashing & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 21, 2022 7:28PM
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I did finally get the emails to log into accounts.
    However, I tried again today and AGAIN got the message its from an unknown IP which is ridiculous.
    Sometimes I get a code almost right away, sometimes never.
    As a result, the accounts I am managing to log into I'm cancelling the subscription, just in case I can't get back into them when I need to.
    Something is wrong, your system isn't recognizing IPs or sending codes or something, no idea what is the problem.

Update : One account I simply cannot get a code for so I can access it. I've tested the email and it's working fine. This account is scheduled to renew its sub in 3 days and I want to cancel it. This is ridiculous.

Yup, they apparently [snip] and think that the problem is somehow on our side. Two factor authentication is OLD. It should be easy, not hard.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 21, 2022 7:29PM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no confirmation email for that one account.
    The email hasn't changed in the 6+ years I've been playing that account, and never had this issue before last week so something somewhere has broken.
    I DO NOT WANT THIS ACCOUNT TO RENEW PLUS on the 23rd. Glad I always pay through Paypal I guess I will go cancel the subscription and hopefully that will work if I still can't log in.

I am NOT doing a ticket and having to do a bunch of game consultant files for something that has nothing to do with the issue. I will quit playing this account before I do that.

And of course, no admin has posted in this thread yet either.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Still no confirmation email for that one account.
    The email hasn't changed in the 6+ years I've been playing that account, and never had this issue before last week so something somewhere has broken.
    I DO NOT WANT THIS ACCOUNT TO RENEW PLUS on the 23rd. Glad I always pay through Paypal I guess I will go cancel the subscription and hopefully that will work if I still can't log in.

I am NOT doing a ticket and having to do a bunch of game consultant files for something that has nothing to do with the issue. I will quit playing this account before I do that.

And of course, no admin has posted in this thread yet either.

Yep. Sadly, I'm getting nothing but canned replies that clearly show that nobody in support is actually reading my request -- the usual "oh, you can't log into the game? Did you check your spam filter? Do you still have access to your email?" It only took 4 tries to get it "escalated" to someone who actually bothered to read the ticket. 2FA is OLD TECH and should be easy peasy plug and play.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    And yes, would like an admin to chime in if possible. Crowns and subs are what's keeping this game going. You'd think that this would be a top priority.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has gotten their issue resolved, we are going to close this discussion. If you still need help, please go ahead and start a new thread in PC Technical Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.