The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I'm guessing broken "true way clay dials" lead.

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev: "The drop probability is supposed to be 0.1."

Coder: accidentally puts it in as 0.1%

QA: "Working as intended."
    Edited by Bergzorn on November 8, 2022 5:49AM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Neugeniko
    Neugeniko
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

I would prefer it stayed in a more visible section of the forums to further expose this sad design by accountants.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, confirming that the "true way clay dials" lead is not working as intended. However, the team is aware and has a fix for this. The fix will be available in the next incremental.

Also we checked with the team on "frog metal buckle". This is dropping and working as intended.

So... 0/216 is 'working as intended'.

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

Are you sure this is working as intended?

Also, I find these thread relocations incomprehensible so please do not thank me for my understanding.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll echo what others are saying and ask ZOS to please double check the numbers. Many players are reporting hundreds of blacksmithing writs done with no lead drop.

First, check that it really is working as intended.
    Second, if what we are seeing is intended, please consider changing the intended drop rate.

Doing potentially hundreds of writs and not getting a lead is not a good thing. You get that, right?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all, confirming that the "true way clay dials" lead is not working as intended. However, the team is aware and has a fix for this. The fix will be available in the next incremental.

Also we checked with the team on "frog metal buckle". This is dropping and working as intended.

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

Also, I find these thread relocations incomprehensible so please do not thank me for my understanding.

0/288

Glorious.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

0/288

Glorious.

I am fairly certain this is buggy. We only have one or two vaguely confirmed drops of this lead and they also only guess that it came from the blacksmithing lead (when looking at this image in the article). It is pretty much impossible that nobody else got it yet, given that so many players do daily writs.

Unless, we are looking at the wrong place. ZOS didn't wether they checked the info on their internal test server or on the live server either, would be nice to get clarification.

A clarification would be great @ZOS_Kevin

We also have no information wether the Storm-Weathered Drafting Top lead actually drops or not, nobody has found it yet.
    Edited by Alcast on November 9, 2022 11:55AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

0/288

Glorious.

I am fairly certain this is buggy. We only have one or two vaguely confirmed drops of this lead and they also only guess that it came from the blacksmithing lead (when looking at this image in the article). It is pretty much impossible that nobody else got it yet, given that so many players do daily writs.

Unless, we are looking at the wrong place. ZOS didn't wether they checked the info on their internal test server or on the live server either, would be nice to get clarification.

We also have no information wether the Storm-Weathered Drafting Top lead actually drops or not, nobody has found it yet.

I am probably the least indicated for this anyway.

I had to loot 113 fire moth thingies to get the lead.

Because ZOS' answer to those like myself that often find themselves in the 'wrong' outlier cluster is

qxz9iagct5ke.gif

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Just wanted to let everyone know we confirmed this lead is currently bugged and not dropping. We'll work on getting this fixed in an upcoming incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

0/288

Glorious.

Just realised that the picture shows a Blacksmith’s Crate IX.

I don't get those, I get Blacksmith’s Crate X.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

0/288

Glorious.

Interesting. I'll be respeccing into tier 9 and doing writs at that level for a few days to test. That would be quite annoying if the intended method requires specifically rank 9 and not 10, but stranger things have happened.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: After downgrading my blacksmithing to tier 9 instead of tier 10, I pulled the Frog Metal Buckle lead on toon 5 today. I'm not saying for sure this is what's required, just that it happened to work for me. I'm hoping we can get some more data on this.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: After downgrading my blacksmithing to tier 9 instead of tier 10, I pulled the Frog Metal Buckle lead on toon 5 today. I'm not saying for sure this is what's required, just that it happened to work for me. I'm hoping we can get some more data on this.

this sounds like its bugged to me if its only working on a specific crafting tier
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this sounds like its bugged to me if its only working on a specific crafting tier

But ZOS checked and said the sourcing is correct. They did a thorough check, right?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But ZOS checked and said the sourcing is correct. They did a thorough check, right?

likely story lol :D
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno could we please get confirmation that this is what the developers intended? That they intend us to re-spec and run the writs at a tier lower than normal?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to load up my EU account as well as 2nd, 3rd and 4th accounts to get a larger sample size. It's entirely possible I just got really lucky and the level has nothing to do with it. I'll get some more data soon.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm about to load up my EU account as well as 2nd, 3rd and 4th accounts to get a larger sample size. It's entirely possible I just got really lucky and the level has nothing to do with it. I'll get some more data soon.

Thanks, much appreciated :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno could we please get confirmation that this is what the developers intended? That they intend us to re-spec and run the writs at a tier lower than normal?

No, this is not intentional and we did discover an issue with tier 10's specifically. We're working on getting this fixed, though just to set expectations, it won't be in next week's patch as we're still working on the fix itself.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, this is not intentional and we did discover an issue with tier 10's specifically. We're working on getting this fixed, though just to set expectations, it won't be in next week's patch as we're still working on the fix itself.

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Will wait until the fix is rolled out.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on November 9, 2022 9:07PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

0/288

Glorious.

Our hero, thank you.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I... lost for words.

O/252 now.

0/288

Glorious.

Our hero, thank you.

Pleasure, at least we got clarification and a fix in the works.

Once the devs get into the 'system is working fine, this is a you problem' rut things can get pretty tedious.

Fortunately it wasn't the case this time.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello! After reading todays patch notes, i see no mention of the "true way clay dial" lead being fixed. Can you please clarify if you meant today's incremental, or a future incremental?
  • alienmz
    alienmz
    ✭✭✭
    None of the three broken leads is mentioned in the patch notes - a clarification would be fine.
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭

Hello! After reading todays patch notes, i see no mention of the "true way clay dial" lead being fixed. Can you please clarify if you meant today's incremental, or a future incremental?

This. Can you let us know, please, ZOS???
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pinging @ZOS_Kevin as well
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried the one Eldertide boss in High Isle several times post-patch, but nothing.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading Gina's message that was posted last Wednesday (Nov 9),

"We're working on getting this fixed, though just to set expectations, it won't be in next week's patch as we're still working on the fix itself."

She very clearly said it would not be in today's patch.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »
    Reading Gina's message that was posted last Wednesday (Nov 9),

"We're working on getting this fixed, though just to set expectations, it won't be in next week's patch as we're still working on the fix itself."

She very clearly said it would not be in today's patch.

That was about the bug with the one Syrabane lead and writs, not the true way clay dials one.
  • Duke_Falcon
    Duke_Falcon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Lore wise the True Way Clay Dial may drop from this world boss. Ascendant Executioner & Ascendant Harrower: @ Dark Stone Hollow on High Isle. There's a quest giver right out front that belongs to the Stone Druids, who are The True Way, and its like a Stone Quarry when you go in there.
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Dev: "The drop probability is supposed to be 0.1."

Coder: accidentally puts it in as 0.1%

QA: "Working as intended."

So is the drop impossible to get, or is it just 1% instead of 10%?
    Edited by Duke_Falcon on November 21, 2022 2:08AM