Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are your feelings on multi-rider mounts?

• Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented neither well or bad. (Neutral opinion)
    They do help when you are showing a new character around, at least is a lot faster :smiley:
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented neither well or bad. (Neutral opinion)
    Hamfast wrote: »
    They do help when you are showing a new character around, at least is a lot faster :smiley:

That's assuming one has any interest in grouping or new characters. Sorry - SO not my thing.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen one and don't have one, so I have no idea. :smile:
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented badly, and missed the mark entirely.
    I have a friend who has just started playing and is really like a 2 person mount to help get them started (eg psijic quest) BUT the one in game is SO DAMN UGLY AND DEFORMED that I wouldn’t be seen dead in it, and the PRICE is ridiculous. Make it cost max $AUD 10 and look nice and I’d buy one.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented badly, and missed the mark entirely.
    ZoS paid no attention to all the posts about how the single rider horses have deformed hind legs. Then they bring out the 2 rider mount with the worst hind legs and looking even more deformed - and ZoS ignores all the posts saying how ugly it is.
    I hope they aren’t wondering why they haven’t sold many.
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented well.
    I am unfamiliar with the idea of multirider mounts in other games, so to me they seem just fine. I got one for use in Cyrodiil, as I am always one of the first to get to a destination, and I would bring along the group leader so they could type in chat while not worrying about riding. I think 3 other people in our ball group got the mount, and it is super useful. Also use it to carry around low-speed players in Cyrodiil.

Outside of Cyrodiil, I use it when doing something with a new or slow player, or when bringing someone to a werewolf shrine if they don't know where it is. And when I would play with my older sister, she gets lost really easy, so it is great to keep together. I personally find it quite handy, but I do agree that the horses reallllly need a rework, even if just a skeleton edit (inverse kinematics make any hooved mount's legs look disgusting), and the price is pretty gross (but I get most of my crown items by trading for gold.) At least it looks to be sort of a draft horse and not those twiggy-legged ones.
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few people use them in-game, but I'm indifferent. If people enjoy them, great! I can't see ever wanting or using one myself, different strokes for different folks. :wink:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented in an ok fashion, but some features could have been better.
    I finally caved and got the horse because of the number of times I wanted to reach down and pull my friend up on my horse so we could get somewhere together faster. Particularly if they were starting a new character/story while we were roleplaying.

They work exactly as intended, and have been great fun so far.

My biggest gripe is the back legs of the horse. With all horses, really, but man with this one its really obvious how very wrong the legs are.

It was expensive. I will not be getting the dwarven spider one because of this.

Also, it clips beast tails off, which is not great.

But overall, it's been fun and makes things much easier.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented in a poor way, but some features are ok.
    I mean, they do what they're supposed to; def need to fix the tail clipping thing though. It's also kind of sad that they're locked behind the crown store, but let's be real.... isn't everything at this point? hahahahaaaa but my biggest issue with them is probably just how stupid they look. The two seater saddles.... man, they make me laugh. I don't know why they look so goofy to me. The dwarven spider one is equally as bad.
    Edited by fizzylu on November 3, 2022 2:44AM
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented in a poor way, but some features are ok.
    My friend bought me a multi-rider mount because I guide her everywhere anyhow, but the mount is not great looking and there is no easy way to use it without switching it to my default mount. This means I basically never use it.

There needs to be some way to summon a muti-rider mount separate from how we summon our normal mounts.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK

The first one was ugly and way overpriced. Don't know how well it did it's job because I refused to buy it.
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe they were implemented wonderfully.

My favourite aspect of these mounts is when you ride one belonging to a friend who has a dodgy connection, and you get to experience the amazing sensation of teleporting through the sky and ground. Magnificent. Utterly marvo.
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    In addition, I like that they look similar to the basic Bay Dun (different colour hooves). Our group got much enjoyment during MYM from me offering to give people rides on my 'brand new multi-person mount!'.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The poll would have served better information if it had only three choices. Liking the way the mount was implemented, not liking the way the mount was implemented, or not caring about the mount at all.

That is really all the poll is trying to measure. My reply is I do not care about such a mount.

As for the price, it is about what I expected considering the costs of simple rider mounts. Even though I will never buy one the price seems very appropriate.

• Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    My friend bought me a multi-rider mount because I guide her everywhere anyhow, but the mount is not great looking and there is no easy way to use it without switching it to my default mount. This means I basically never use it.

There needs to be some way to summon a muti-rider mount separate from how we summon our normal mounts.

I use the RandomMount addon; it has an option to automatically assign the multimount when in a group.
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I likely would never use a multi-rider mount if it was stuffed in my collections for free unless it was far out enough to try once for laughs. (I'd definitely would like to try a really long horse which takes large group of 12 (or 24) once, for example.) But if othe people are willing to pay for that, good for them.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't vote, no option is matching. For me it's: I don't care. I was never interested. Beside, since normal mounts already have room for improvement, how was it possible to expect that the multi-riders mount could be better?
    Think about it: they need to put two chars on same mount that should - in theory - not change size: on the graphic point of view, it was a lost challenge from the first moment.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just do not like current mounts.

The idea is good. But if you do not like current mounts you will not use them.

8 leged fire horse attro was a good picture of a possible mount. But just more fatty horse we have in shop ? - do not just look really good (
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other: not interested in them in the slightest
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just not interested in it, I think the current one looks kinda... ugly tbh no other way to put it. I don't really care one way or the other if someone else is out there enjoying them though, more power to em.

Now if they'd just add a longcat mount.. that might pique my interest :D
    love is love
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    I believe multi-rider mounts were implemented in an ok fashion, but some features could have been better.
    They are useful, but I wish you could hop onto a group members mount while you were in combat. That would give it actual value outside of wanting to yell into zone chat while riding, or for when you are still leveling your mount
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had no strong interest in these but my friend got the horse and we tried it. I realized I sort of expected it to be a feature not a specific mount. It's either really boring and/or a lot of overhead when you try to use it when switching characters and then you realize ALL your characters have to equip the same boring looking mount (thus rendering all other obtained mounts pointless) or you are constantly switching mounts or not bothering to use it.

It's probably fine if you have one friend and you each only have one character and you don't care at all about switching up the looks of your mounts/characters. Otherwise I understand the point of it even less than I did when it was theoretical and people just wanted it.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was quite excited to see one being available.

Coming from WoW, i sorely missed my multi person mounts from an RP standpoint. And, they did make getting lower levels around much easier and faster. Slower typers could also focus on typing to RP instead of not running off the road.

However, i think, they took a good shot at it, but missed the mark a bit.

The price, being a BIG one... HUGE cost to many, (like myself) so i wasn't able to get one.

And then there is the fact that, as others have mentioned, it's liked a stretched limo of a horse.

WoW did it right, they just used a larger creature for the multi person mount that made sense, and that could like, 'realistically' handle the weight of more people. Nothing saying a mammoth or something couldn't've been used instead, or, again, as others have mentioned, perhaps a carriage or something similar.
    Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on November 5, 2022 7:22PM
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW did it right, they just used a larger creature for the multi person mount that made sense, and that could like, 'realistically' handle the weight of more people. Nothing saying a mammoth or something couldn't've been used instead, or, again, as others have mentioned, perhaps a carriage or something similar.

Yeah, WoW definitely has a better selection for multi-rider mounts.... but that games setting, lore, and etc allows for so much more diversity. In ESO we have what? Things like horses, lizard/frog things, bears, big cats, and some mechanical spider? Now they try to get a little more diverse, but even then a lot of them just look like reskinned versions of other mounts (like the heavy weights). ESO will never be able to get on the level of WoW having two seater rockets or even mounts where you turn into the mount haha a carriage or something would have been neat though. Only other game I know that has done carriage like mounts (they are only one seaters, but still) is Albion Online.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I just don't see the point in multi-rider mounts. I guess you could ferry around another player with a slower mount but it seems like a cumbersome thing to implement when they could just fix their flawed mount system in the first place.

I was gifted one. Its useful in Cyrodiil if your friend is slow. Its okay for overland, but again, pertains mostly to mismatched speeds over long distances.

Theyre all pretty goofy to me. I find them slightly goofier than the others, but the bar is pretty low.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised at how many people say that the duo mounts are silly. I think the horse we have so far looks a bit busted graphically. But it's a really cute RP feature with friends and the concept of two people on one horse is very normal, not silly?

On another note I agree with others that there should be a duo mount given to every player for free or at least purchasable in game for gold at like 40k like the others at the stables.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of like a stretch limo. Who ever heard of a horse with a front saddle and a back saddle? Must be planet Alina.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe they're such gamechangers as to warrant the accusation of pay to win. You'd need a lot of two-person mounts to produce a clear advantage in Cyrodiil. That being said, they're interesting novelties: I rode as a passenger on one - despite having a fully-upgraded mount - and it was fun. Does that fun justify the price tag? Hell no. Ever since their implementation I believe I've seen less than 5 people with that poor, mishappen horse. It appears to me the benefit of being able to give a ride to players with slow mounts isn't worth the absurd price.

Nevertheless, I still eagerly await the introduction of multi-rider stick mounts.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • omnidoh
    omnidoh
    ✭✭✭
    They should have created a multi-rider "saddle" that can be toggled on or off, thus allowing us to use ANY mount as as multi-rider. I'd pay 5K crows for that, but the basic horse was disappointing.
    I only purchased it for the utility of carting my friends around on occasion.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not compelling for me at all (I assume they are for 2 human players, not myself and my companion) since I almost exclusively play solo in the world.

The addon disabling fiasco has kept me from even considering them. I do have too many spare Crowns and could buy them, but I haven't even played much since the botched update, let alone looked through the store.

That may work out well if I end up abandoning these Crowns as I did my ones on the PS4, but that is not good for their ongoing business of extracting money from me.
    PC
    PS4/PS5