The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

On character select screen all the ""a" characters in names are missing

TaSheen
TaSheen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
And I use a lot of "a" in names. I guess this must have happened after the patch on Thursday? Anyone else seeing this? Names are fine in game.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 3, 2022 10:28PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Which platform are you on, @TaSheen?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, on PC, and this is showing up on both megaservers. As well, the "a" in Cancel on the Login dialog is not there either.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this just "a" on their own? Or literally every "a"? Mine is fine (and I'm disappointed. While a frustratingly stupid bug, that sounds hilarious).
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this with various letter on xbox
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    It has happened on Xbox from time to time on my fiancés account. I have never noticed it on mine but has noticed it on his. Letter changes and is like that until the game is rebooted and is fine for days/weeks and it will pop back up from time to time.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's literally every "a" on the character select screens. Sorry for so late to reply, had to go buy a car. And yes, logged in just now, and all back to normal! Thanks!
    Edited by TaSheen on September 9, 2022 11:23PM

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had that problem with ability descriptions before where the A in ability names get all funky with vertical lines through them. It comes and goes from time to time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for letting us know that the characters are back to normal after relogging into ESO. Since help is no longer needed, we will be closing the discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.