The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No new houses in U36 at all? What is the long term plan here?

chrisfeng
chrisfeng
✭✭✭
High Isle has just one house, and no gold-purchasable house (beside the inn room), now FireSong has no new houses at all.

I understand some slow down is a good thing, but what is the plan from this point forward? 1 new house per year?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 6:33PM
  • TristormExG
    TristormExG
    ✭✭✭
    I take about a 10% chance we're going to find out why this is happening. Have been asking these questions since the chapter came out with no gold house.
    It's a sad year for housers this time around, which is confusing to me because I'm certain housers are the whales of this game. Including me, so alas. Disappointed.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    As a fellow housing enthusiast I was incredibly disappointed to see no new house once the PTS went live yesterday. It's been a highlight of mine over the last few years to explore new content on the PTS and check out the new houses and furnishings. New houses and furniture are the reason I play the game, the reason I make gold is to buy all the new plans and materials.

This year has been such a drastic departure from previous years in this regard and I'm left with very little motivation to log in daily. I have plenty of gold and with no housing expenditure on the horizon to plan around I have no reason to log on and do my crafting writs etc.

I would like some sort of explanation from the devs as to why this decision has been made because as others are saying, it's quite baffling.

• chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also super disappointed with the lack of housing in High Isle so far. Really disappointed there's no house coming with the final quarter of the Legacy of the Bretons, the final quarter of the year-long story always features an epic new house.

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m wondering if there’s going to be another community event that ultimately unlocks a new house for everyone.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm also super disappointed with the lack of housing in High Isle so far. Really disappointed there's no house coming with the final quarter of the Legacy of the Bretons, the final quarter of the year-long story always features an epic new house.

It would be great to get one of those Stonelore underground houses in the final quarter. They are small but very charming and appealing for some reason, haven’t quite figured out why. Maybe just because they are so unique.

I want a little garden with it too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be great to get one of those Stonelore underground houses in the final quarter.

That's what I was hoping we'd get. Something similar to Ryvana's house.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • KMarble
      KMarble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elvenheart wrote: »
      I’m wondering if there’s going to be another community event that ultimately unlocks a new house for everyone.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but as far as I remember every single house introduced in the game was available on the PTS cycle prior to releasing. Same with the events. If memory serves, the last house to appear on the PTS was the chapter's house (sorry, I don't remember its name).

There will be no community event this year, nor a free house. The next event - the High Isle one - will have the last ticket for the outfit. Then, we have the 4th quarter events - witches, Greymoor (being tested on the PTS rn) and New Life. The witch festival was tested on the last PTS cycle and New Life will probably be tested next week. The final reward for those last 3 events is the hourglass.

I highly doubt they are keeping a house off the PTS to surprise us. There was no house for gold this year, the amount of furnishings available through the achievement vendors went down, as have the amount of furnishing plans (don't get me started on the diminished drop rate for those...).

I'd love to be wrong about this, so feel free to point and laugh, if I'm proved wrong.
    • carly
      carly
      ✭✭✭✭
      ZOS was nice enough to give us homes as rewards a few times and for that I am grateful, but I don't expect them to keep doing it every year. I know many that weren't into housing were not happy about that as they would have preferred something else be offered that catered to their tastes.

You can't and won't please everyone all the time, but rewards should vary so that other players can enjoy something that they like so I can't be upset about that.

That being said, I did expect one to be offered for sale in this last chapter. They might just not have had the capacity to do it this time.

• Elvenheart
      Elvenheart
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      KMarble wrote: »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but as far as I remember every single house introduced in the game was available on the PTS cycle prior to releasing. Same with the events. If memory serves, the last house to appear on the PTS was the chapter's house (sorry, I don't remember its name).

There will be no community event this year, nor a free house. The next event - the High Isle one - will have the last ticket for the outfit. Then, we have the 4th quarter events - witches, Greymoor (being tested on the PTS rn) and New Life. The witch festival was tested on the last PTS cycle and New Life will probably be tested next week. The final reward for those last 3 events is the hourglass.

I highly doubt they are keeping a house off the PTS to surprise us. There was no house for gold this year, the amount of furnishings available through the achievement vendors went down, as have the amount of furnishing plans (don't get me started on the diminished drop rate for those...).

I'd love to be wrong about this, so feel free to point and laugh, if I'm proved wrong.

Sadly, I do think you are correct, but if they do surprise us with something I’d be too happy to point and laugh. 🙂
    • RagnarSw
      RagnarSw
      ✭✭✭

The prize was already datamined and the community event prize is the Firesong DLC.
    • Eveance
      Eveance
      ✭✭
      RagnarSw wrote: »
      The prize was already datamined and the community event prize is the Firesong DLC.

Yeah, what a huge let down and disappointment. For someone who subscribes to ESO+ you get nothing at all from this event.

This Chapter is aweful when it comes to housing (well also in many other points since U35). I had so many house wishes when I saw High Isle. And we got nothing. Just one city house that should be for gold but was for crowns and limited. I dont even really count the Seaveil Spire, its not placed in the new area High Isle but in Betnikh.

I wanted a nice High Isle caste. What I also thought will come is a Druid house and a Pirate house with a ship. These three would have make so much sense for the chapter. But nothing.

• ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.