The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Brigandine style

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
Im not sure what category this would belong in, but is there a style in eso that is closest to a brigandine or coat of plates? If so do share!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is (or was) a Pirate Costume Pack in the Crown Store.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ikm not a fashion expert, it may be worth asking on the pinned fashion megathread. I do have a vague thought there may be something with a similar style, but I would have to be online and look through as I am not sure if it would be more quilted than metal or laqueur plates
    Soupy twist
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell, ESO doesn't have anything like cloth outer/plates inner armor.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is as far away from brigandine as one can almost possibly get.

I've thought for some time we could use some more armour styles that looks like brigandine, gambeson or some other padded armour, lamellar and mail armour.

Edit: As if there is a brigandine style? Not really.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 31, 2022 10:40PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've thought for some time we could use some more armour styles that looks like brigandine, gambeson or some other padded armour, lamellar and mail armour.

Sorry, I was thinking of something else. :#
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Windhelm Scaled Tunic and Second Legion ... chest piece ... are all that come to my mind that are even close
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No guarantee on if/when it's coming out, but there's a costume on some of the NPCs at the beginning of Dreadsail Reef who wear something like that. This pic is from one of the datamines:

aw_crwn_costumes_sailoratarms_1x1-9745d4d54a4a.jpg
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah rip :(

I was kind of using the medium outlaw style as a brigadine of a sort, just imagining that there are plates and/or splits underneath the layers of leather, but Id rather have a more “obvious” brigadine
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No guarantee on if/when it's coming out, but there's a costume on some of the NPCs at the beginning of Dreadsail Reef who wear something like that. This pic is from one of the datamines:

Though that looks cool, its more akin to a gambeson which is something you may wear underneath armor even a brigadine
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Ah rip :(

I was kind of using the medium outlaw style as a brigadine of a sort, just imagining that there are plates and/or splits underneath the layers of leather, but Id rather have a more “obvious” brigadine

Yeah, I've thought for some time we are quite lacking in armours that were actually commonly used back in the days in real life. Or styles that are look more like clothes or simple armour. The imperial armours are also lacking in something more proper greek/roman looking.
    Costumes are not styles, though. Would've been better if that or something like it came out as a style.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like orc medium armor pretends to be a cheap italian-like brigandine (about XV or earlier) over a fur jacket.
    It is available as motif (orc, medium), costume (orc scout) and disguise (red rook) with minor differences.
    600px-ON-npc-Seamount_Scout.jpg
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like orc medium armor pretends to be a cheap italian-like brigandine (about XV or earlier) over a fur jacket.
    It is available as motif (orc, medium), costume (orc scout) and disguise (red rook) with minor differences.
    600px-ON-npc-Seamount_Scout.jpg

Hmm this is interesting, I can do without the fur, but then again it is orcish. The main unfortunate part is that it doesn’t dye well with other armor pieces making it look awkward at best, especially when the fur is like that. Damn.