The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prior Thierric is underwhelming

Zastrix
Zastrix
✭✭✭✭
I am currently making a vampire stamina nightblade build for update 35. I managed to get 100k this patch but trying to give it more versatility in trash fights. I've been looking into monster sets and still the best is stormfist which doesn't fit thematically. I like the idea of Prior Thierric but literally nobody is using it. It doesn't do to good DPS and it has a 15 second cooldown.

If it was reduced to something like 8 seconds then I could see to use it, even then it would be underwhelming.

This is all damage summed over the duration before then next proc starts:
Nerien'eth does around 2.1k / s
Stormfist 2.2k /s
Prior Therric is around 0.5k /s
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 20, 2024 4:12AM
110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it's underwhelming but you have to take into account that it does more than just its proc damage. It is also increasing your AoE damage done, so that will add damage that will vary from player to player and build to build.

IMO, this set should function as a support set and increase the AoE damage of YOUR GROUP rather than just the individual wearing the set.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it's underwhelming but you have to take into account that it does more than just its proc damage. It is also increasing your AoE damage done, so that will add damage that will vary from player to player and build to build.

IMO, this set should function as a support set and increase the AoE damage of YOUR GROUP rather than just the individual wearing the set.

Touche but it's like only 5% and now with u35 that's basically nothing. If I parse 100k on trash fights regardless of monster set the additional 5k is not worth it at all as stormfist can give me a bump of idk 50-100 more k on its' own.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely underwhelming as a pure dps set.
    It definitely should be looked into more as a support set though as its a unique buff to aoe damage which will help a lot of the common DoT's such as wall, endless hail, stampede, etc.
    It depends if it warrants a slot over running something else though. Maybe if zos increases it to 8% or 10% aoe damage increase to make it more interesting as a support set for group play.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    even though it increases aoe dmg it's still bad. it should have 100% uptime tbh.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • QB1
    QB1
    ✭✭
    This set has been irrelevant since its release. It needs 100% uptime and 10% aoe dmg increase
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age, last active August 2022, and we would want current feedback. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.