Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug: controls do not work

boi_anachronism_
boi_anachronism_
✭✭✭✭✭
So my controller is new, works perfectly in my main screen for ps, works in other games perfectly.

I was able to log in to ESO for all of a half hr maybe. Went into my random dungeon and my character was in perma block, again no issues in my playstation menu, can navigate fine. I decided to close and restart. Now I can't even log in. It's just stuck on the opening "press x to start" and it will not start. Zero commands are working in app but all my other games function perfectly.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 17, 2022 5:37PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it would help I can send a video but obviously I can't login to do a normal bug report.
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    When that happens in game, turn your controller off (from the controller itself) and then turn it back on by pressing a button to make it sync back up. Should reset your controller.

Which controller? PC? PS? XBOX?

Also for block being stuck, when that happens rapidly press the block trigger fully down and see if it resets. (this is why I love nintendo switch pro type controllers for games like this. No triggers, just buttons.)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @boi_anachronism_

What type or brand controller are you using?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playstation brand PS4. Did a hard reset and it fixed it but it happened on and off several times and only in eso. Hasn't happened again since last maintenance so whatever it was it's fixed.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update!

Since the OP issue is resolved, we will go ahead and close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.