The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Controller Problem

zellsantarellib14_ESO
Ok I play an Xbox controller when playing on the pc game and was doing alright until I went and down loud Minion Addon program. All the controls are wonky, from mouse sensitivity/cursor speed moving faster each time I turn, using my left joystick it auto dodge everything I move instead of the LT+A, chat box on the left side instead of right. Only when using the D-pad was able to move normal speed but only up down, left or right and at the same time it did the other functions and a few other things. I have tried doing resetting both game pad and keyboard, I tried doing set to default and nothing worked. Only when reinstall the game did everything went back to normal but after restarting my computer the settings of Minion were back one and not sure what else to do. I really dont want to be reinstalling the game every time if I can help it, is there any other way to fix it?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 2, 2022 2:03PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most addons aren’t compatible with the game pad UI. You need to carefully read the info page on every add on you are interested in to find out if it is game pad compatible before installing it.

At this point I recommend removing all of your addons. To do this in game, choose “addons” from the options on the left when you’re at the character select screen when you login. Uncheck everything.

To go further (which I would do), remove the add on files from your pc completely. Open your documents folder and go to Elder Scrolls Online > Live > Addons. Delete everything in the addons folder. Then your game should launch normally.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zellsantarellib14_ESO
    It worked fine sense the start of the year, when I first started the game, only after I tried doing minion did things get all screwy. I went into the addon folder and there is nothing there so not sure what else it could be. Though question here is there supposed to be a Addonsettings and usersettings text document?
    Edited by zellsantarellib14_ESO on July 30, 2022 3:18PM
  • zellsantarellib14_ESO
    Ok I reinstall the game and for some reason it is still doing it. What I notice too when logging in I had press the A button so many times before it let me in to the long in screen. When I do the password, I press A again and it doesn't work, I also notice when I do use any of the control buttons the icons would appear but then go back to keyboard icons. Now if I just useing the keyboard stuff everything works fine but when using the controller everything is not acting like they should. So I dont know what else to do.
  • zellsantarellib14_ESO
    The only other think I can come up with is I need to go through every key binding and set it differently. Unless there is another way that can make it easier.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zellsantarellib14_ESO Do you have any other controller using games or services like Steam loaded? If I have steam running while playing ESO my controller will do several unwanted functions per button press since Steam loads its own controller configuration.
    Edited by danno8 on July 30, 2022 9:34PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zellsantarellib14_ESO

In fact the way you describe the UI fluctuating between controller and KB+M sounds exactly like what happens when I have Steam running in the background while playing ESO.
  • zellsantarellib14_ESO
    Well as it stands, I got it working right, not sure how but its working fine for now. I believe I did have steam running which didn't think was, so I got out what ever windows it was on and reset my stuff again and seem to work.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update that your controller issue has been resolved. At this point we will now close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.