Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

WHAT IS THE VISION ZOS?

boi_anachronism_
boi_anachronism_
✭✭✭✭✭
You have said things like balance, accessibility, x,y,z but what do you mean by it? What is the end goal? Rght now we just got a bunch of key words and catch phrases being thrown around. Where is the game going? If you want players, player retention and player trust back we need to understand where we are headed so we aren't dealing with patch whiplash constantly. This is something I think the majority of players will agree with, regardless of feelings on the content of u35. We just want to know what is happening instead of being constantly blindsided.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 3:47PM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 3:34PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »

[snip] Second that is a SHORT Term goal and a vague one at best. It does now explain or give any kind of idea what to expect as far as changes moving forward. Third that is something they JUST Said with the most recent press release and does not explain why the game still feels like it's in beta 8 years later. [snip]

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 3:35PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that at this point anything ZOS says would help them regain trust. Just like the yearly studio director's letters, it will be just words.

What would do it for me personally? To be honest I'm not sure. A couple of polished content-rich well-written updates with small consistent changes with obvious goals, I think.
    (Note: Volendrung-ing combat and balance while stating goals isn't it)

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    [snip]

Vision, direction, whatever. There are systems they implemented and said there were expanding upon that are acknowledged to be unfinished. Companions, hybridization, pvp issues, what's the road map for that for example. Are they considering expanding battle spirit and further separating pve and pvp. This while a big project would ultimately make their lives infinitely easier. Things like oaken soul would no longer be an issue, sets that actually raised the floor would not be an issue as they won't become a mess for pvp. A good swath of the community has been asking this. A few years ago they did have a vision. They had live Q&As and regularly communicated with the community. I would like to see a return to that.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 3:36PM
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have said things like balance, accessibility, x,y,z but what do you mean by it? What is the end goal? Rght now we just got a bunch of key words and catch phrases being thrown around. Where is the game going? If you want players, player retention and player trust back we need to understand where we are headed so we aren't dealing with patch whiplash constantly. This is something I think the majority of players will agree with, regardless of feelings on the content of u35. We just want to know what is happening instead of being constantly blindsided.

b0igk51kvblp.png
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After review, we have decided it best to close this thread as it provides nothing constructive and is leaning heavy on the Baiting side. When making threads, we ask that they be civil, constructive, and kept within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 3:50PM
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.