The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We really should be able to change the companion hairstyle.

SerasWhip
SerasWhip
✭✭✭✭
I like Mirri but she looks like a boy with that hair.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 22, 2023 2:23PM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i guess i wouldn't mind this but i do need to question why mirri's hair making her look masculine (which i don't even see myself) is even a bad thing, considering she is sorta supposed to be quite the tomboy in the first place so even if we assume she has boyish hair, it ends up being a good design since it's appropriate for her character
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    i guess i wouldn't mind this but i do need to question why mirri's hair making her look masculine (which i don't even see myself) is even a bad thing, considering she is sorta supposed to be quite the tomboy in the first place so even if we assume she has boyish hair, it ends up being a good design since it's appropriate for her character

HMMaEtn.jpg
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see companions with a wee bit of customization due to the doppleganger effect in ESO when there's a bunch rezzed at once. But Mirri doesn't look like a fella ta me.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to change their hair.

I'd give Bastian a long hair style which would fit his having tattoos better than the traditional meticulously combed style he currently has.

I'd change both Ember and Isobel's styles to something more flowing and feminine rather than the styles they have now that look more like hats than hair.

I wouldn't touch Mirri's hair because I never want to use her again anyway.
    PCNA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want us to be able to make them wear headgear.
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    HMMaEtn.jpg

Yeeaah, I do not see a boy. If so then every woman and girl with a neat pony tail, braid, bun etc looks like a boy.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or a helmet or hat.

And bonus would be that we wouldn't have so many clones running around.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want us to be able to make them wear headgear.
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    HMMaEtn.jpg

Yeeaah, I do not see a boy. If so then every woman and girl with a neat pony tail, braid, bun etc looks like a boy.

Nah, not all. This particular braid style makes it look like she is rocking a buzzcut from the front. Because there is no additional hair showing from the front angle.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like this, sometimes I change my own characters' hairstyles bsaed on what they're doing so this would be fun for companions too
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that we should be able to change companion hair styles, but not with your reason why.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    I'd like to see companions with a wee bit of customization due to the doppleganger effect in ESO when there's a bunch rezzed at once. But Mirri doesn't look like a fella ta me.
    Yep. I have nothing against any of the companions' default appearances, but when you see them everywhere it's kind of jarring at times.

SWTOR had a really good solution for this with companion appearance customization items, making slight changes to their faces and hairstyles. I really thought ESO was going to leverage the Crown Store for that, but alas, nothing yet.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine you can't change their face but do think you should be able to equip a helmet. Disagree strongly that Mirri looks masculine just because her ponytail is neat.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izzy needs highlights. Her hair looks like a helmet and bring able to select another hairstyle would help
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we should be able to change other player's hair styles - some just look unbecoming. There is a quest with the wabbajack where you can change someone's appearance. Maybe if we got to keep the wabbajack we could use it to change the appearance of other people, or our companion's appearance.
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to put a hat on bastion and ember.
    ]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    Hats and Hairstyles should be allowed lol
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circlets for Mirri and Isobel. Ember. . . however absolutely needs to replace her hairstyle with something that doesn't look like someone dumped their laundry basket on her head.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Vrelanier
    Vrelanier
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the companions like how they look. Sharpie doesn't like it when you use the outfit station, he'd prob hate it if you changed how he looks.

Mirri def doesn't look masculine, hair or no hair, buzzcut or no buzzcut.

Ember has the cutest hair, Bastian's suits him the best.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has made some amazingly looking khajiit and....Ember :'(

Her hair needs replacement with something simple or none at all.

Isobel has almost the same hair style with Ember but is much better and tidy.

• Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi there,

Since this thread was created in 2022 and there is a thread already discussing Customizable Companions, we decided to close it down. To keep all of the feedback consolidated into one place, you may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.