Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Someone should have said it. The Daggerfall Paladin Costume is terrible.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, I am not a professional concept artist. And no, I am not a fan of everything shining and pretentious. But this costume is an event award of the whole season, and it looks like it was taken from somewhere from canceled models. Dragonguard berserk is better. Dufort's new armor looks better. Yes, anything looks better. And this suit is too flat, completely unsightly in terms of design. I don't know how to put it, sorry.
b6aec701abb81bef64e607011f3cfe8d.jpg
PC/EU
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you dye it red or does it come that color originally? It doesn't look that bad to me if you could dye it different colors.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    I totally see where you're coming from but for some reason it has really grown on me. Initially, I thought it looked like a grown man wearing a child's costume, but now I kind of like it lol
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkadiMZ wrote: »
    I thought it looked like a grown man wearing a child's costume

Here are some of my feelings.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on July 21, 2022 5:31PM
    PC/EU
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They definitely didn't do it any favors leaving it in a default rubedite color scheme...
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will gladly pass on it, gives me time to complete my golden Indrik and collect the pet fragments all over again. Less need to do IC dailies during Midyear Mayhem \o/
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like one of the power rangers :D
    Master Angler
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just looking at this on PTS. Something went very wrong with the shape of the pants at the back...

atppWTw.jpg

You really need to see this in 3D to appreciate just how bad it looks.
    PC EU
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I am not a professional concept artist. And no, I am not a fan of everything shining and pretentious. But this costume is an event award of the whole season, and it looks like it was taken from somewhere from canceled models. Dragonguard berserk is better. Dufort's new armor looks better. Yes, anything looks better. And this suit is too flat, completely unsightly in terms of design. I don't know how to put it, sorry.
    b6aec701abb81bef64e607011f3cfe8d.jpg

Awful. Reminds me of how badly they messed up the Ancestral Imperial Style as well. I know they get tired of negative feedback but things like this are just so disappointing.
    Scourge of the Pact * Sorrow of the Covenant * Sunder of the Dominion

Today victory is mine. Long live the Empire.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bubble gum knight.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go, go, Power Rangers!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a costume that is the reward for participating in multiple events, it looks kinda bad - at least on a 1st glance. Maybe it is animated or has some cool visual effect or something. It is kinda hard to judge just by seeing a static picture from one side.

Also - even if it looks cool after dying - it is a costume, so it requires either ESO+ to be able to dye it, or a preset from crown store - bottom line - rl cash to make it look good.

Btw. Is this the top - tier reward for this year's events ? If so, then it is kinda um... "meh" as last year we got a house - Doomchar Plateau.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Doomchar_Plateau
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 21, 2022 5:52PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks okay but I’m not sure how it dyes. Still confused why they went with hot pink/red of all colors… gold would’ve made far more sense. Personally I think it’d look a lot better if:
    - it was not an unnatural color
    - it had a different helmet completely
    - the chestplate gave more of a “snatched waist” look like the Ascendent Lord has in the cinematics, since we don’t have many armor in-game that gives that effect, let alone an armor costume
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not a very enticing reward.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. How many tickets will it cost to get the costume?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. How many tickets will it cost to get the costume?

Should be 45. 15 for the pet, 30 for the costume parts to morph it.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it red or pink?

CzPcKsO.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 21, 2022 6:12PM
    PC NA
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    go go power rangers
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a costume that is the reward for participating in multiple events, it looks kinda bad - at least on a 1st glance. Maybe it is animated or has some cool visual effect or something. It is kinda hard to judge just by seeing a static picture from one side.

Also - even if it looks cool after dying - it is a costume, so it requires either ESO+ to be able to dye it, or a preset from crown store - bottom line - rl cash to make it look good.

Btw. Is this the top - tier reward for this year's events ? If so, then it is kinda um... "meh" as last year we got a house - Doomchar Plateau.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Doomchar_Plateau

No this is in replacement of the Presonaility from last year. Winter Holiday will be our 'House' reward, or whatever they decide to go with.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unstable_Morpholith
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My general impression is that PvP players enjoy wearing outfits that attract lots of attention and might otherwise not be very appealing.

It works nicely for PvP events as it provides something PvP players may want and it allows other people to skip.
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on July 21, 2022 6:09PM
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, it looks like it belongs on the Mandalorian show, not in ESO.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    My general impression is that PvP players enjoy wearing outfits that attract lots of attention and might otherwise not be very appealing.

It works nicely for PvP events as it provides something PvP players may want and it allows other people to skip.

The way this is phrased suggests to me that you are not a PVPer and I just wanted to say how nice your take was. PVP and the costume may not be your thing but you're happy for others who might like it.

Good job by you!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks more sci fi than medieval, like Star Wars armor.

Not feeling it.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkadiMZ wrote: »

The way this is phrased suggests to me that you are not a PVPer and I just wanted to say how nice your take was. PVP and the costume may not be your thing but you're happy for others who might like it.

Good job by you!

Yeah, only PvP I do anymore is to get my 450 monthly transmutes. I used to do BG's where I noticed the appearance of my team tended to correlate with performance.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion most of the costumes and armor styles are terrible. Not everyone is into flashy and bulky but we get a lot of that.
    PCNA
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw it and thought, I don't usually like PvP but I'm going to have to do it to get that costume.

Luckily no one can hear my thoughts.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely looks like something a DC player would want to wear. 😉
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the more i Look at it- the more it just looks unfinished.
    Like it's to plain-jane compared to other event-based costumes, and even ancestral breton looks better then it.
    And the helm kinda looks like a reskin from previous helmets in the past.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »

Don’t know if that was sarcasm or not, but Daggerfall’s color is blue. Why would my DC PvP characters want to wear EP red???
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Professional Animator here. I don't think it looks that bad. But it doesn't strike me as Breton, and it looks very plain. The only things that really tie this to the Breton style are 1. the fins on the helmet and shoulders and 2. the swirling pattern on the stomach of the chest plate. Those are similar to the normal Breton motif. But the rest of the armor itself looks pretty rough. Like it was made using early concept art.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »

Don’t know if that was sarcasm or not, but Daggerfall’s color is blue. Why would my DC PvP characters want to wear EP red???

Actually.. (I am so sorry haha)

The Daggerfall Covenant's colour is blue, because of King Emeric being the ruler of Wayrest, and the city's heraldic colours are blue and white.

However the heraldic colours of Daggerfall the city are red and green, a red dragon on a green field to be precise. Though it's a shame the game doesn't show that, since they just put Covenant colours/symbols everywhere. Only with the updated looks in High Isle did they properly reflect the colourful heraldry of the Bretons.

But yeah it's pretty weird they chose for bright red/pink as the default colour for the armour set. I think it will probably look good when dyed in steel colours, but still such an odd choice to make it red, not at all in line with the game's visual style.