Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remap your roll dodge to a single key

Rosiveil
Rosiveil
✭✭
I hear that alot of people are having trouble with this hit or miss mechanic of the double tap roll dodge. Simple solution: esc>controls, and click on roll dodge on the very first column, and remap it to a more convenient single button use. I personally use a razer naga so it is mapped quite conveniently to a mouse button. Problem solved. Hope it helps.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... I personally use a razer naga so it is mapped quite conveniently to a mouse button. Problem solved. Hope it helps.

Same here.
    Tilt mouse wheel left or right --> Dodge left or right.
    Roll mouse wheel forward or backward --> Dodge forward or backward.

Love it.
    Edited by Samadhi on April 30, 2014 4:19PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably you still have to push a directional button AND this one-key-dodge to dodge in THAT direction? What happens when you JUST push the roll-dodge button with no direction button pressed? Nothing? No stamina cost, I'd hope.

I prefer the double-tap just because I've gotten used to it in other games... if I need to dodge left, I just hit "left-left" real quick, and to my mind/reflexes this will make me step-jump (roll) to the left. Since the double-tap dodge is relatively new (in terms of MMO gaming years) I can imagine that one key might be easier... I'm just not sure I'd be able to train myself to hit left + otherButton to dodge to the left.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mapped mine to middle mouse button and if I hit it without a direction he rolls backwards.
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    I hear that alot of people are having trouble with this hit or miss mechanic of the double tap roll dodge. Simple solution: esc>controls, and click on roll dodge on the very first column, and remap it to a more convenient single button use. I personally use a razer naga so it is mapped quite conveniently to a mouse button. Problem solved. Hope it helps.
    I bound mine to mouse wheel forward and weapon swap to mouse wheel back.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    Why? I see no reason to roll in this game when blocking or just sprinting out of the way is easier. Especially against boss fights. Either stand to the side of behind the boss so a conal aoe doesn't hit you or max range with your melee weapon so if an aoe comes around you can either run out or block. Dodge as it stands is a waste of stamina especially for a melee character.
  • Enigmatix
    Enigmatix
    Why? I see no reason to roll in this game when blocking or just sprinting out of the way is easier. Especially against boss fights. Either stand to the side of behind the boss so a conal aoe doesn't hit you or max range with your melee weapon so if an aoe comes around you can either run out or block. Dodge as it stands is a waste of stamina especially for a melee character.
    to get out of root effects
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Or snare, even. I got snared by an archer, I think, who then prepped a cone and I was CRAWLING to try to get out of the area, realized I would not make it, so quick-rolled out of the AoE.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    You can roll out of a root but you can't roll out of a snare. I guess because the only time I've ever really been rooted is in PvP I never cared too much remap it. Rolling out of a root in PvP just means you'll get rooted again. But I'll keep that in mind if they ever add diminishing returns on CC.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally use a razer naga so it is mapped quite conveniently to a mouse button.

Regarding the Razer naga specifically, are you able to nimbly press the key pad with your thumb? My mouse has two thumb buttons, top and bottom, which are easy to press but those key pads seem like they would be difficult to press the correct key due to the thumbs limited range of movement. Also does the key pad every get in the way of holding on to the mouse, or more specifically I use my thumb and pinky to grasp the mouse so I'm worried my thumb might start pressing buttons due to my grip.

Open question to anyone using that mouse.

Edited by Armitas on April 30, 2014 9:05PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I personally use a razer naga so it is mapped quite conveniently to a mouse button.

Regarding the Razer naga specifically, are you able to nimbly press the key pad with your thumb? My mouse has two thumb buttons, top and bottom, which are easy to press but those key pads seem like they would be difficult to press the correct key due to the thumbs limited range of movement. Also does the key pad every get in the way of holding on to the mouse, or more specifically I use my thumb and pinky to grasp the mouse so I'm worried my thumb might start pressing buttons due to my grip.

The keypad fits under the thumb quite comfortably; the buttons are small but distinct enough to pinpoint by touch. Since the buttons are mechanical they are difficult to unintentionally click but respond well to purposeful pressing.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • jimibee68preeb18_ESO

to press the buttons you must apply more pressure for them to respond. You may rest your thumb on the keys without activating them. The Naga is a must have for this game and i personally would not take another step in Tamriel without one.
    And "no", i don't work for or have any interest in Razor.

• chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭

So the mouse is small and light enough, and the buttons take enough pressure to activate, that you won't apply enough pressure to press down a button while moving the mouse.

The one drawback is that since it is small, it can be difficult for those with larger hands to reach all of the buttons easily. especially if you palm the mouse. I find buttons 1-6 very easy to use. 7-9 are OK. 10-12 are kind of hard to reach.

That said I love it. Just make sure you get the 2014 edition. Its has better keys, better form, just all around the best naga out there.
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I wish I could map sprint to double-tap instead of dodge. I'd rather double-tap a movement key to sprint in that direction and reserver my shift key for dodging.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. Before I had not considered using it because of the side buttons but other than my big hands it looks like would work for me. I might be getting one once my sidewinder breaks.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the issue is often not the double tap or whatever, but the game responsiveness. Like I will press my keybind for dodge while running and ... nothing happens (why?) but sometimes I will dodge roll just changing directions rapidly (wtf?).
    If they had a combat priority where dodge roll was highest (other than block maybe), would be nice.
  • milos84mj
    milos84mj
    Soul Shriven
    I remap my roll doge key to side mouse button on first bind (all other binds are not bined), but the issue is that I still in the game can use double tap keys aa, ss , dd, ww and I dont want that...
    The main reason that I changed to my mouse side button key is that during pvp I by mistake dont press double key twice and loose my stamina for nothing...
    Can someone help how to solve this issue?

• murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    milos84mj wrote: »
    I remap my roll doge key to side mouse button on first bind (all other binds are not bined), but the issue is that I still in the game can use double tap keys aa, ss , dd, ww and I dont want that...
    The main reason that I changed to my mouse side button key is that during pvp I by mistake dont press double key twice and loose my stamina for nothing...
    Can someone help how to solve this issue?

Settings -> Gameplay -> Double Tap to Dodge
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the naga epic razer and i mapped dodge roll to the mb4, thumbpad 6 and q. So any part of either hand can quickly get to it.

Also the razer comes with stick-ons so you can mark specific keys as wsypointsbor to make sure you dont inadvertantlybpress them. For example my ultimate trigger is marked so even if i get off thumb i wont trigger it by mistake.

Simply put, i have neuropathy and limited feeling in fingers but i foundbthe raxer naga epic to be fine... so far...its only been a week so its still new. Based on what i have seen so far as soon as i get as comfortable with it and muscle memory kicked in its gonna be very nice.

Do not work for razer either.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presumably you still have to push a directional button AND this one-key-dodge to dodge in THAT direction? What happens when you JUST push the roll-dodge button with no direction button pressed? Nothing? No stamina cost, I'd hope.

You dodge backwards.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez I dI'd this ages ago, should check out the bunny hop exploit. Also a good idea to map break free to a second button if you are like me and hit block sometimes first by accident.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could play on console and not only not be able to map it to a single button, but also not be able to separate roll dodge from your interact button causing you to unintentionally interact with things and stop rolling all the time.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..