The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PLEASE Be Careful w/ Auto-leveling Dungeons

Emperor
Emperor
✭✭✭✭
The following future update really stood out to me: "Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader".

Before you actually implement this, please think about the obvious exploits this can cause so you can prevent them. For example (exaggerated), a group of 4 can make their group leader a level 3 player and then that would make the whole dungeon level to what the level 3 player can handle while the other 3 players are level 50...

Honestly I think scaling the dungeons just won't work in any situation and if it did it would have to be very complex to meet everyone's needs (scaling only in certain situations, setting caps, changing loot, etc.)

They should just have plenty of dungeons aimed at players in a certain level range like they do now. If anything, they should make the group searcher more advanced so I can look for a group to do a higher/ lower leveled dungeon instead of only being able to do the 3 dungeons in my level range.

That would satisfy me because then I could help my lower leveled friends and give myself more of a challenge with the dungeons that are meant for a higher level than me.
Edited by Emperor on May 2, 2014 1:07PM
If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!

• Jadakin
    Jadakin
    ✭✭✭
    Well this could work one of two ways. All the players become level 3 as well with damage scaled or you blow through the content, but get nothing as a reward except completing the quest. Which I could see that trivializing the content.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Well who cares? the level 3 would get xp and loot for his level. The levels 50 wouldn't get anything other than the skill point if they haven't done the quest yet.
  • Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would just make everything so... trivial. Any group would start making their lowest leveled group member the leader so the dungeon would be easier than they already are.
    Edited by Emperor on May 1, 2014 4:50PM
    If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!

• Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    What about, no adjustment and keep it like it is right now..
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason they are trying to change it is because people were complaining they couldn't help their lower leveled friends with dungeons or something, but this is not a solution to that problem...

IMO they should just make it so everyone gets loot from everything they kill no matter what the level is... I don't understand why they currently don't let you loot monsters that are like 4 levels lower than you anyway... it doesn't make any sense.

• Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    The way i see this has 2 sides:

1. Its a good thing, there are some dungeons that i have not been able to complete (because i didn't have a group on or didn't have time) before my level made then trivial, now i can run then at a appropriated level and have some challenge.

2.It can be a bad thing, there are also dungeons that my friends and i had great trouble completing at the appropriated level (yes maybe we suck i know), being a bit over-leveled help with those. Also in other MMOs i found fun on trying to solo lower levels 4~6 players instances, the scaling could take that away.

In summary i think that the option to scale or not is the best course of action.
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • Jadakin
    Jadakin
    ✭✭✭
    Koloki wrote: »
    The way i see this has 2 sides:
    there are also dungeons that my friends and i had great trouble completing at the appropriated level (yes maybe we suck i know), being a bit over-leveled help with those.

Stop right there. You and your friends don't suck. You're just not used to being challenged in an MMO anymore. It's like a workout. You'll get better and face even tougher challenges and you guys will beat those challenges too. Together. And it will be awesome.
    Edited by Jadakin on May 1, 2014 9:46PM
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it better if it scaled to highest lvl player in the group or just did not scale at all. Instead of making it easy to blow through content. I do not like the idea of scaling lvls in an MMO anyway. It rarely works out. The game is rated M, which to me means it should challenge you on at least an adult level. I do not see why this is something that needs doing. Unless something is impossible to do, it should not be made easier. Scaling difficulty up based on how many people are there is one thing ( and a thing I like the idea of ) but scaling things down bothers me. I am not raging mad or anything and I can deal with it, But I do not like it.

P.S. it is really stupid to let level 3 groups run a level 20 dungeon if you are going to do this then at least put a cap on it like it only scales down the the lvl minimum of the area the dungeon is in, for example; the Wayrest Sewers is a lvl 20-25 dungeon so the lowest it will scale is down to lvl 20.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I would assume they would have the dungeon scale "up" only, otherwise the dungeon itself would stay at its intended level. That's what makes the most sense.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    The moment such a feature is in i will quit.
  • Bandras
    Bandras
    It is actually a good idea but it would even be better if they only implemented a kind of a mentor down option (as it was in Vanguard for instance). Then your skills would be scaled down to your friends/group members and you could help more ppl doing dungeons or quests.

Of course, the loot and everything else would be scaled down to that given level. Some people like helping guildies/friends with these quests and then these encounters would be a bit more challanging again. Now, entering a lvl 30ish dungeon, for instance, as a VR2 or 3 or higher is not really a challange.
  • Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think scaling the dungeons just won't work in any situation and if it did it would have to be very complex to meet everyone's needs (scaling only in certain situations, setting caps, changing loot, etc.)

They should just have plenty of dungeons aimed at players in a certain level range like they do now. If anything, they should make the group searcher more advanced so I can look for a group to do a higher/ lower leveled dungeon instead of only being able to do the 3 dungeons in my level range.

That would satisfy me because then I could help my lower leveled friends and give myself more of a challenge with the dungeons that are meant for a higher level than me.

• reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    my first thought was that people would scale it to the highest lvl, then run low lvls thru for power leveling............
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emperor wrote: »
    I think the reason they are trying to change it is because people were complaining they couldn't help their lower leveled friends with dungeons or something, but this is not a solution to that problem...

IMO they should just make it so everyone gets loot from everything they kill no matter what the level is... I don't understand why they currently don't let you loot monsters that are like 4 levels lower than you anyway... it doesn't make any sense.

You can take your low level friends with you, nobody is stopping you from doing this.

I don't understand this change, its hopefully not coming as I don't want to see my dungeon experience lowered just because people enter with either a very high or very low level.

Dungeons should have a basic level and not a range from 1-50 based on the group leader. I for sure would instantly leave a group if I see someone with level 7 at Fungal for instance.