Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

lootable items in new delves and public dungeons

robo26
robo26
✭✭✭
@zos Being in a guild that rate our UPS (Urns Per Second) I must complain about the number of urns in new delves and public dungeons that have no loot! They are not even interactable. You have let us down.

Yours disappointed :D
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 27, 2022 2:31AM
  • Diggerkran
    Diggerkran
    ✭✭
    robo26 wrote: »
    @zos Being in a guild that rate our UPS (Urns Per Second) I must complain about the number of urns in new delves and public dungeons that have no loot! They are not even interactable. You have let us down.

I agree - DPS is so overrated - UPS is more fun and more profitable. Our guild runs are all about loot
  • Abelon
    Abelon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diggerkran wrote: »

I agree - DPS is so overrated - UPS is more fun and more profitable. Our guild runs are all about loot

As a person who takes my DPS (Doors Per Second) very seriously, I would like to politely disagree. Yes, UPS is all about loot and profit, but you know where those urns of yours are located? That's right! Behind doors.

I have been noticing a steady increase in non-interactable doors, which I must say, is very worrying. Lower DPS will inevitably lead to an even lower UPS. This is why we must put our differences aside and stand together.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 : If you're not gonna let us loot em then use some other kind of decoration!
  • Diggerkran
    Diggerkran
    ✭✭
    Abelon wrote: »
    Diggerkran wrote: »

As a person who takes my DPS (Doors Per Second) very seriously, I would like to politely disagree. Yes, UPS is all about loot and profit, but you know where those urns of yours are located? That's right! Behind doors.

I have been noticing a steady increase in non-interactable doors, which I must say, is very worrying. Lower DPS will inevitably lead to an even lower UPS. This is why we must put our differences aside and stand together.

Fair point - A high DPS will indeed lead to a better UPS :smiley:
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what the reason is behind fewer lootable containers.

It gives a LOT of people a lot of joy, and contributes to exploration.

Is it performance? [snip] It seems such a simple, simple joy. Why change it?

People were complaining about this with last year's chapter, too.

As to the frequency of chained, unopenable doors, yes- I strongly agree. Its a really disappointing experience to be running through a city and find *sooo many* non-functioning doors. There are whole buildings in Gonfalon Bay that have literally no door in them, let alone all the chained doors. And the other disappointing thing- the huge buildings with towers and such which end up just being one or two floors inside.

I suspect the latter is due to performance and workload (though; how long does it take to furnish out a generic NPC house?); but the containers thing I just don't understand.

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 26, 2022 5:42PM
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    I have been noticing this trend too [snip]. Very disappointing.

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 26, 2022 5:42PM
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really happy to find our delves are nice and big with plenty of places to explore but that seemed to come with a sacrifice of interactable coffers to rummage through.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I think they have been very generous with loot-able containers this time around, more so than Deadlands at least anyway and maybe more so than Blackwood. The thing is they are just NOT in delves or the 1 Public Dungeon that I have done so far.

They are, where in my mind they should be - away from creatures you have to kill every few seconds that do nothing but delay your container looting anyway.

From what I have found so far, Castle Navire is the main go to so far. Not the castle itself (which becomes impossible to enter after the quest) but the Barracks quarters underneath it. There is a great number of containers in there, no urns however but a fair few Trunks/etc.

You can even respawn them simply by exiting back to High Isle (which literally takes me 5 seconds on PS5) and then re-entering. On any other map you can't do this, you normally have to change map then return. The best way of doing that was to simply enter Imperial City and then quickly leave again, thus teleporting you back to the exact spot you were at. No need to do that at this castle/spot.

You can also loot the lady from the quest's house (I forget her name, the one with the new weird looking glasses). I make it a habit to do so every time I go back to her for the quest. There are also many containers all around the map that I have noticed are fine to loot which would normally be classed as "steal". I find this Ironic now that they gave us a companion who does not care if we take from those, very funny indeed.

Summary:

It's not all that bad, just keep your eyes open.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have found lootable items in the zone that thankfully are not labeled stealing, but I agree.

The lootables urns look identical to a lot of other urns in the delves that are not lootable. There should be some way to identify them individually from a distance. I think the lootable ones are smaller but again not all of them work. I have to get close enough to each one individually to see if there is a prompt to interact or not and it is time-consuming.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Swing and a miss.

This thread is plainly about the new zone, not about multiplayer content. (Dungeons typically means multiplayer dungeons, while Public Dungeons and Delves are parts of the individual zones.)
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle